2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

One of the articles I read said Joe Greene's number is also retired. Then I read another article that said that the Steelers have no officially retired numbers, but there are certain numbers the team won't give out - 12, 32, 58, 75, and so on. So...Franco's number will be somewhere between the first and who knows how many numbers to be retired by the Steelers.

BB52Big.jpg

48 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Wasn't it a team policy to not retire numbers, with him getting the honor of being the very first?  Pretty sure Joe Green, Bradshaw, Lambert, Woodson, etc also haven't had their numbers retired.

It's arguable that it's a dumb policy (especially if they're 100% absolutely never going to issue the number again), but he was technically about to to be the first one to receive what should be considered the ultimate honor a team can bestow upon a player.

They have two officially retired numbers... Ernie Stautner and Mean Joe Greene. Also a bunch more that are kept out of circulation. If a guy dies 3 years after he retires, yeah, that was completely unexpected. Trying to line up a retirement with the 50th anniversary of something is too cute. The guy's been retired for almost 40 years and nothing's changed. 

21 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

One of the articles I read said Joe Greene's number is also retired. Then I read another article that said that the Steelers have no officially retired numbers, but there are certain numbers the team won't give out - 12, 32, 58, 75, and so on. So...Franco's number will be somewhere between the first and who knows how many numbers to be retired by the Steelers.

I think they only started retiring them in the internet age, so some old articles will still say zero. The Steelers' own article from the summer about Franco's number getting retired says it's the third. 

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-to-retire-harris-number-32

• Like 2

It feels really poetic that on the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, Pittsburgh plays the Raiders and one of the stars of that game passes away.

You just can't help but think that everything about this game points to a Pittsburgh win.

39 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

It feels really poetic that on the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception, Pittsburgh plays the Raiders and one of the stars of that game passes away.

You just can't help but think that everything about this game points to a Pittsburgh win.

Well we all know what happened the last time Pittsburgh played a game on a special occasion for one of its players (XL).

Which is to say: watch the officiating veeeerrrrryyy carefully in that game...

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

Well we all know what happened the last time Pittsburgh played a game on a special occasion for one of its players (XL).

Which is to say: watch the officiating veeeerrrrryyy carefully in that game...

As a Steelers fan, I fully expect this game to be rigged, but I honestly don't care. Franco meant so much to this fan base and the city. It's so sad because he was just at the Pittsburgh Sports Museum yesterday and seemed perfectly fine. Just goes to show that you truly never know when it's your time. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

6 hours ago, infrared41 said:

As a Browns fan, I hated Franco Harris when I was a kid, but as I got older I grew to appreciate him and those great Steelers teams of the 70s. He'll always be remembered for the Immaculate Reception, but he was also one of the all-time great running backs. He was one of the biggest stars in the NFL back in the day. And he was a class act.

R.I.P. Franco.

the play is the Zapruder film of the NFL

also

so long and thanks for all the fish.

20 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

HoF RB Franco Harris has died unexpectedly, two days before the “Immaculate Reception” 50th anniversary celebration and Harris’ jersey retirement.

What incredibly awful timing. Jersey retirement. 50th anniversary. And the game was even vs the Raiders. 😞

6uXNWAo.png

Six years removed from their Super Bowl 50 win, and Broncos have already lost two members from that team. 💔

Like Demaryius Thomas last year, Hillman gone way too soon. Heartbreaking for his family, especially to happen this close to the holidays.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

This Zack Wilson guy does absolutely nothing well.  There's literally not one single thing that he can do well at the NFL level, even handing off.  Calling the rest of the roster "super-bowl caliber" is a stretch, but what a disaster to have spent the #2 pick on that guy.  If they haven't already, they should start figuring out where to find a true franchise QB, and not make too many incremental moves until they find that guy.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, Dynasty said:

For most of 2020, the Jets were in the hunt for the number one pick, but missed out when they started to win a few games late in the season. Can't believe they couldn't land Lawrence... Lol and got stuck with Ryan Leaf 2.0.

Trevor Lawrence will never win anything significant in the NFL.  I'm a million % sure about that.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Two things coming out of the Jets game:

- Pat McAfee will call Chris Streveler "Chris Strafolsky" again

- Chris Simms will go on an epic rant on his podcast about how the Jets and their fans treated Zack Wilson wrong tonight and that the Jets and their fans don't deserve him.