MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

21 hours ago, McCall said:

I don't think government agencies are gonna be using taxpayer money to buy ad space on baseball jerseys. Or I would hope not.🤨

At St. Louis Blues games, Ameren Missouri (our local electric utility company) sponsors the Blues Power Play. It drives me absolutely crazy. St. Louisans don't have a choice on who we purchase our electric utilities from. They have a natural monopoly of basically the entire metro region. So why are they wasting money advertising at a sporting event?? Save the money and lower our damn bill. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

6 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

At St. Louis Blues games, Ameren Missouri (our local electric utility company) sponsors the Blues Power Play. It drives me absolutely crazy. St. Louisans don't have a choice on who we purchase our electric utilities from. They have a natural monopoly of basically the entire metro region. So why are they wasting money advertising at a sporting event?? Save the money and lower our damn bill. 

I don't know if MO is deregulated, but you may be able to choose your supplier, even if you can't choose the utility company.

For example, PECO is our monopoly energy company, but I use NRG for supply because they always offer promo rates that are better than PECO's default rate.  You can also choose "clean energy" companies etc.  NRG actually bought the naming rights to the subway stop by the stadium complex.  I believe other energy suppliers also advertise all over the place here

Doesn't invalidate your point though.  FWIW, the Flyers power plays have been the "PECO Powerplays" for at least 30 years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Rather than a patch, the Yankees should work the advertiser's name into their pinstripes.  

4d6fa95a49e2ae4274040000?width=750&forma

(not really)

• LOL 4
  • WOAH 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, infernoqueso said:

I was under the impression the ad patches would be similar to the MLB 150 patches when they were first talked about, but each reveal looks bigger and bigger.  

4" x 4" is the limited size by MLB, and im sure some players sleeve size make them look larger or smaller depending on the sleeve.

On 1/28/2023 at 5:59 PM, BBTV said:

I think a Chicago script - sorta like the late-80s White Sox and early-80s Bulls - would look really good, whether solid blue or blue with a red stroke.  Front number optional.

With all its curvy letters, Chicago is a name that looks flat-out beautiful in a script.  Someone should use it.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:20 PM, coco1997 said:

"Am I a joke to you?" - Chicago White Sox

GettyImages-1413162921-4x3-1.jpg?w=916

Oof.  Yeah.  I was gonna mention the Tigers sorta doing something similar and I 100% forgot about the White Sox.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:15 PM, BBTV said:

Not a good look.  Powder-blue pants should only be worn with matching tops.

Dkbp_gmU4AAHCmW.jpg

Doesn't help that that looks like a :censored:in' t-shirt.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:07 AM, BBTV said:

The Yankees lost the benefit of the doubt years ago when they gave in to the "special event" cap nonsense, then the uniform advertiser.  They used to be a team I envied because of how much they cared about and protected their brand, but now they're no different than anyone else.

There's a difference between special event one-offs and going full Diamondbacks.  They didn't sell the Stadium naming rights, not even going with the possible planned half-measure of naming it "Yankee Stadium at Nike Plaza".  We'll see.  But for the moment, saying there's not even a hint of benefit of the doubt seems a bit much.

On 2/6/2023 at 11:15 AM, BigEd76 said:

New MLBPA logo. Lots of time (and probably thousands of dollars) spent on this one

old
spacer.png

new
spacer.png

Why... why... why would they go with that stylistic, edgy-attempting, soon to be immediately outdated text?  They just needed to do a few simple touches to make it timeless.  Why?

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Now replace the black jerseys with the light blue ones!!!

2 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Marlins just posted the full anniversary logo.  This one works as a much better anniversary logo than the first one we saw

rFVp29D.jpg

Yessssss a thing of beauty 👏 👏 

The only thing that would have made it better: the original Marlin on the 30th anniversary logo or coloring the current marlin Teal

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Now replace the black jerseys with the light blue ones!!!

3 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Marlins just posted the full anniversary logo.  This one works as a much better anniversary logo than the first one we saw

rFVp29D.jpg

I'm calling it now: this is a feeler to gauge whether they should slick-slide back into this full-time in the future—which they totally should.

(And also: I'm glad I got my Andre Dawson teal throwback BP jersey & matching cap back when I did—$140 total—because now the prices for those are likely to shoot up.)

• Like 9

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

rFVp29D.jpg

Was hoping they would break out those awesome 1993-2002 Teal BP jerseys or do a fauxback version in Teal. Sadly SDS doesn't add classic BP/Spring Training jerseys in MLB The Show.

I'm on cloud nine over the Flashback Fridays for the Marlins. Long overdue!

The current Derek Jeter identity still hasn't caught on for me. I think as little of it it as the day as it was unveiled. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the fanbase yearns for a return to teal permanently. The shade of blue is interesting but not that interesting.

• Like 10

On 2/10/2023 at 9:21 PM, BBTV said:

Rather than a patch, the Yankees should work the advertiser's name into their pinstripes.  

(not really)

I looked at that and thought, “Isn’t that the leader of Egypt?” I was mostly right - he used to be. Do those pinstripes really have words in them?

4 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I looked at that and thought, “Isn’t that the leader of Egypt?” I was mostly right - he used to be. Do those pinstripes really have words in them?

Yes the letters spell out his name. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:21 PM, BBTV said:

(not really)

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Yes the letters spell out his name. 

Man, he went to all that trouble when he could've just slapped a "HELLO: My Name Is..." sticker on his suit and called it a day. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3