2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

5 minutes ago, Unocal said:

The better teams did not win last night.

The teams that won are clearly the better teams, because otherwise they  would have...well, lost.

Everybody knows the playoffs are a different animal from the regular season, we've known it going back decades. If the Bruins and Avs couldn't even take the Panthers or Kraken out in seven, they were not the better team.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Unocal said:

Well maybe the Bruins shouldn't have blown a 3-1 lead over a team they finished 43 points better than! The Bruins lost 3 games in a row once all regular season. There isn't an excuse for them. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The teams that won are clearly the better teams, because otherwise they  would have...well, lost.

Everybody knows the playoffs are a different animal from the regular season, we've known it going back decades. If the Bruins and Avs couldn't even take the Panthers or Kraken out in seven, they were not the better team.

The NHL regular season apparently might as well be preseason

• Yawn 2

33 minutes ago, Glover said:

This is certainly an interesting hill you’re willing to die on.

This guy used to be known as SabresRule and was an annoying :censored: about this stuff years ago before he was shamed into shutting up with his lukewarm takes. Sad to see he's back doing the same thing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Things can get really hectic in the production truck. There's nothing to see here.

This is really interesting.. I would love to see what goes all into making those work. I was getting irrationally angry at the SOG count during game 4 because it wasn't updating fast enough for my standards lol. Now I kind of feel bad because someone was probably struggling with something out of their control.

There were a few times in Game 7 that the clock was acting funky - especially below 1 minute remaining. It was jumping down in time in weird increments like .4 or .7 seconds at a time, would then go back to 'normal' counting down by .1 second, only to 'skip' again. It was odd.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

26 minutes ago, MiK said:

This is really interesting.. I would love to see what goes all into making those work.

This is a much smaller broadcast than a Stanley Cup Playoff game, but it will give you the basic idea. They're setting up the graphics package that goes with the replay. You see the final result on the picture-in-picture at the bottom right of the screen. Their high five afterwards is not normal truck behavior, but it does give you an idea of how tricky they thought the move was going to be.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, Glover said:

This is certainly an interesting hill you’re willing to die on.

I just feel that too much chaos might be too much of a good thing, like having ice cream for dinner every night of the week.

41 minutes ago, Unocal said:

I just feel that too much chaos might be too much of a good thing, like having ice cream for dinner every night of the week.

Presidents Trophy winners, by your numbers, have about a 25% chance of winning the Cup. In a field of 16, that's not too bad.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Unocal said:

Ok but you've made your point. If you keep harping on it and derailing discussions further there will be disciplinary measures taking. I'm telling you this as a mod. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Unocal said:

It's interesting how you can have the exact opposite opinions in the NBA thread.

That takes talent.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

22 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Every time the Bruins choke I imagine how much sweeter it would be if they hadn't beaten the Canucks in 2011. Regardless, their misery is funny and I'm glad they found a choke they can never live down

image0.jpg

Idk Tampa was able to pretty well after their choke job by winning the next 2 cups. Not saying the bruins can do that much less will but time heals all wounds eventually.

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

This is a much smaller broadcast than a Stanley Cup Playoff game, but it will give you the basic idea. They're setting up the graphics package that goes with the replay. You see the final result on the picture-in-picture at the bottom right of the screen. Their high five afterwards is not normal truck behavior, but it does give you an idea of how tricky they thought the move was going to be.

There's an orchestral feel to it. The high-five is understandable. Very cool, thanks for sharing.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

11 hours ago, Unocal said:

6 out of the 8 higher seeded teams won their series. It’s one of the least chaotic first rounds we’ve ever had. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png