NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Patriots and bills never had a problem

To be the devil's advocate, it is a bit of a different situation. Red and blue are pretty common colors in the sports world--for obvious reasons. Something like red and gold less so. Of course, to your point, red and gold is a much different situation than if a team came around wanting to use Brown & Orange or Pewter & Red.

• Like 2

fiowXOD.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

The t-shirts I found with athletic gold:

Hide contents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And some other stuff with athletic gold:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

When I was with Safeway which was the Official Grocery Store in Arizona, they always had shirts in yellow, red and black. I don't see the issue here

• Like 1

Way I see it is KC is red and yellow. Zona could be red, black and yellow and it would be different enough to tell them apart. Hopefully the yellow is just for trim like the old Louisville uniforms

spacer.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Zona could be red, black and yellow and it would be different enough to tell them apart. Hopefully the yellow is just for trim like the old Louisville uniforms

spacer.png

I'd prefer to see the Cards go less black and all-in on yellow as their secondary.

640ad49e0638059232a667696c08cba1

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

6uXNWAo.png

4 hours ago, Gary said:

When I was with Safeway which was the Official Grocery Store in Arizona, they always had shirts in yellow, red and black. I don't see the issue here

Still, Cardinal Red/Athletic Gold/Black is a great color scheme that I wish Arizona would adopt, it fits the region well and the state flag could be adapted to as an alternate logo pretty easily.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, burgundy said:

The t-shirts I found with athletic gold:

Hide contents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

And some other stuff with athletic gold:

Hide contents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Fair enough, you searched longer than me.

I still don’t consider it a primary team color but I’m going to let it go because my post was compared to Jackson Mahomes.  (We hate him too.)

If the Cardinals keep with their deeper Cardinal Red and add more Athletic Gold WITH Black , it will be a solid look.  I long favored Kansas City using more Black (except in the uniforms) as Red/Athletic Gold/Black as a color trio is one of the best in sports.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I wouldn't put too much stock in the yellow-heavy draft cap. Looking at Fanatics, every team has a "Draft" and "Draft on Stage" hat. The "On Stage" hat has the gray crown with the team's nickname in their primary color (except for the Raiders to avoid black clash) stroked in black. The "Draft" hat has the primary-color shell with the name in whatever the team's non-black-or-white secondary color is. The Dolphins have an aqua hat with orange letters, but they certainly don't feature orange that much, so I don't think using yellow as the secondary color for Arizona is necessarily indicative of anything.

• Like 3

The Cardinals have occasionally used gold as a colour for merch purposes. Sometimes it's red, black, and white, other times they work gold in. It seems to come down to the preference of whoever makes the thing. 

A draft cap using gold isn't a sign that the Cards are adding it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😍 my favorite uni number

I don't hate it.  What I do hate is the rest of the proposal which allows kickers & punters to wear 0-49 and 90-99. 

We'll never see kickers & punters in 1-19 again after everyone else on the team takes those single digit & teen jerseys.   Can't wait to watch #99 Justin Tucker run on to the field for an extra point.  

Stupid.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

16 hours ago, bowld said:

Way I see it is KC is red and yellow. Zona could be red, black and yellow and it would be different enough to tell them apart. Hopefully the yellow is just for trim like the old Louisville uniforms

spacer.png

I mean that's basically a 49ers throwback with a slightly different shade of gold.

Between San Fran, KC, and Washington, I find it hard to imagine another red & gold/yellow team being able to standout. Meanwhile, there isn't a single team in the league that is strictly red & white. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I don't hate it.  What I do hate is the rest of the proposal which allows kickers & punters to wear 0-49 and 90-99. 

We'll never see kickers & punters in 1-19 again after everyone else on the team takes those single digit & teen jerseys.   Can't wait to watch #99 Justin Tucker run on to the field for an extra point.  

Stupid.

I'm used to seeing college kickers wear numbers in the range specified, so it really doesn't bother me. 

• Like 5

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I'm used to seeing college kickers wear numbers in the range specified, so it really doesn't bother me. 

But when some big fat defensive tackle has to wear something like 52 because the punter is 97 and kicker is 99, it'll look dumb.

There was no need to change the numbering system at all.  Honestly there wasn't a need to change it for WRs all them years back.  The numbering system added some structure and was an integral part of the aesthetic of the game, and separated it from the unstructured/hap-hazard nature of college football.  Now with all the alt uniforms, alt helmets, and numbering free-for-all, the lines between college and NFL are blurred.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks dumb to me.  52 should be a middle linebacker, or a center.  There's always been defensive linemen in the 50s (especially ends that were quasi OLBs... the predecessors of the Edge position) but they were usually the exception rather than the rule.

Feel free to "OK boomer" me, but I liked looking at a random player and having a pretty good idea of what position he played or where he belonged on the field.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

There was no need to change the numbering system at all.

The expanded rosters were the reason for the change to the numbering system...so apparently there was a need. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.