NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

22 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

YoU CaN'T ChAnGe tHe sEaHaWkS UnIfOrMs, ThEy wOn a sUpEr bOwL In tHeM!

Why does that argument apply to some teams and not others?

The Patriots won 6 championships in some of the worst uniforms of all time and thankfully have moved on. If they can switch uniforms, any team can. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Patriots won 6 championships in some of the worst uniforms of all time and thankfully have moved on. If they can switch uniforms, any team can. 

As a Patriots fan, I can tell you that almost every Pats fan loves those horrible uniforms (unfortunately).

• Like 2

While a lot of the uniforms are nice and executed well, none in any way should ever come back as primary uniforms. 4 of the teams with throwbacks (Jets, Vikings, Seahawks, Bucs) have what I consider "modern classics" that could use tweaking or are solid, but show off their look well, and I think Nike has executed well (The Jets just fail to wear green or the uniform combos that are good).  Trying to modernize them just feels cheap.

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

5 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

The NFL is now the NBA. It will be impossible to tell who is playing immediately in any game. Every team should have at MOST 3 uniforms, all of which being recolors of each other. Anything else is just brand dilution.

Oh, Christ. Which of these teams will you not know who's playing if you tune in? Will you not recognize Seattle? Or the Jets? The Vikings?

Stop. It's nowhere near as bad as the NBA or college.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

YoU CaN'T ChAnGe tHe sEaHaWkS UnIfOrMs, ThEy wOn a sUpEr bOwL In tHeM!

Why does that argument apply to some teams and not others?

Not arguing but making a point  how many teams have  won a super bowl in two distinctly different looks? I'm not talking the Packers  different sleeve stripes or the Steelers block numbers. The Giants and Rams are the only teams that come to mind and I'd even consider the Rams a modern take on the 99 look. At the very least no franchise has won a super bowl in two different helmet colors. Most of this is championships being won by historic organizations who prioritize history over fads.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They were on the cuffs by the time they switched over to the Titans though. The only difference is the size of the cuffs now from then. 

McNair, George nominated for Pro Football Hall of Fame

For anyone wondering, I checked in with the team's PR department. They told me they are technically Houston Oilers throwbacks and not Tennessee Oilers throwbacks.

It seems like they are intentionally keeping the branding vague on their website, with little mention of a city/state name anywhere on the merchandise.  I am guessing they want sales from both Tenn and Houston fans.

Well it wont be the first time in NFL history two teams are representing the same city visually (not including NY, LA, or those old Chicago teams)

spacer.png

• Like 7

Just to back up with the Jets throwbacks, it is nice to get the 80s and 90s logo on the helmet and overall it looks great. The bad news is, that's now guaranteed to be two less opportunities for the Jets to actually wear any green below the neck right off the bat and the throwbacks don't replace the black alt. So already down to just 5 times the Jets might actually wear their actual primary color, and you know if they get off to a fast start they're gonna ride the WAH once again like they did last year

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

My .02 on everything throwback past two weeks. Bucs-cool for a game and nostalgia, but inferior to red/pewter (which I’m sure they’ve been red longer than orange). Seahawks-nice pop with those colors, but jersey is kinda plain and has logos on sleeve which some people find redundant. I’m ok with it. Cool for a game. Titans-I don’t get the super love for the uniform or name. I think they did it to cash in on Houston exploring that color scheme. They literally had that name and uniform and chose to wear white all the time and drop the name. I think they benefit from the titans being a bottom 30 uniform look. Jets - this feels out of place. Would have been better throwback if they still had the old uniforms. Their current set feels to me that it’s a modern version of these anyway. Now you have a throwback that’s better than the set it seems modeled after. Also, with it being white and how often they neglect green over white, they are playing as if they are a white team first. Vikings-like the jets, it feels too close to their home uniform, but people like the old school, so I take it or leave it. For me, I’d rather see a purple, possibly white mask on either set. All in all, they are all fairly solid looks for a game or two. Way better than wearing mono black or mono white (socks included) that everybody seems to wear now.

KISSwall09.jpg

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is it exactly. The Seahawks switched to this current uniform at the exact moment they became one of the NFL's "it" franchises. That gave it a lot more steam than it otherwise would've gotten on it's own merits.

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

the reason they've "aged well", at least in the eyes of the normie fans, is that they've been a part of a whole lot of wins.

You're kinda doing the same thing that you say you're bothered by, despite the middle part saying that people may just honestly like them irrespective of the team's performance.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Just to back up with the Jets throwbacks, it is nice to get the 80s and 90s logo on the helmet and overall it looks great. The bad news is, that's now guaranteed to be two less opportunities for the Jets to actually wear any green below the neck right off the bat and the throwbacks don't replace the black alt. So already down to just 5 times the Jets might actually wear their actual primary color, and you know if they get off to a fast start they're gonna ride the WAH once again like they did last year

For green tack on at Dallas and likely at Cleveland when they wear their White throwbacks. I don't know what the rules are because they always change but right now they listed 2 Legacy games Vs Buffalo and KC as well as, Black Friday Blacks vs Miami.

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Is it just me or do the Jets' wordmarks tend to look weird when the J is the same size as the other letters, rather than somehow being larger?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬