NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

59 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Closeup of the helmet.

Like others have said, nice but unnecessary.

So now the NFL's doing this unnecessary nicknaming of the uniforms?? Geez...

....And yes, other than to gauge fan feedback ahead of their inevitable rebrand [at this point], this is 100% unnecessary. Snowcapped in a city that's dang-near flat as a pancake...aiight...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Has anyone coined WFWS yet? Because I feel like we're in the WFWS era.

Yes, but we're not supposed to get political here.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

42 minutes ago, sergeantscruffy said:

Could use a blue (or maybe orange?) face mask.

But then they couldn't invoke the snow-capped mountains of Colorado in the Nikespeak unveiling

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

Honestly, the stupid part about this broncos reveal has nothing to do with the helmet. I actually think its a great looking helmet. It's the color rush uni that makes it look bad. The color rush unis on almost every team are god awful and this is no different. 

Pair this new helmet with a set that makes sense and I think it would look fantastic.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Honestly, the stupid part about this broncos reveal has nothing to do with the helmet. I actually think its a great looking helmet. It's the color rush uni that makes it look bad. The color rush unis on almost every team are god awful and this is no different. 

Pair this new helmet with a set that makes sense and I think it would look fantastic.

Even just wearing the regular white pants is better than the orange pants. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

From the "icy" emoji to the follow-up "All in the details" tweet, just about the most trite, by-the-numbers way to do a football uniform unveiling in 2023. The presentation and the uniform itself are perfectly befitting of a MAC team.

Or, I guess, a Big 8 team.spacer.png

I'm an OSU alum and immediately thought of our uniforms when I saw this. I always hated how imbalanced our W-O-O combos have looked. W-O-W is definitely the way to go -- (for us and the Broncos). 

spacer.png

• Like 6

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, tBBP said:

So now the NFL's doing this unnecessary nicknaming of the uniforms?? Geez...

....And yes, other than to gauge fan feedback ahead of their inevitable rebrand [at this point], this is 100% unnecessary. Snowcapped in a city that's dang-near flat as a pancake...aiight...

The Rocky Mountains are flat? Then I suppose it was indeed true "That John Denver sure [was] full of s.h.i.t, man!" Are you sure you didn't take a wrong turn -at Albuquerque & head toward Nebraska instead of Colorado?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If alternate helmets must be worn with alternate jerseys, the Broncos would be much better off wearing this helmet with the navy blue jerseys.

That would certainly be better in tune with the snow-capped mountain theme, including more blue — albeit navy, rather than a more aptly fitting royal hue — as sky & a twinkling sparkle of orange sunlight sprinkled amid the intermingled (wintry) mix.

I like these. The helmet looks really good. The uniform its paired with is fine. I think there’s still this aversion to NFL becoming like CFB and teams blurring the lines of having a core home and away look, but the uniform isn’t bad. 

I wouldn’t come close to comparing this to the Lions, who have both an unusual helmet and a very unusual/bad grey alt and stuck them together non-sensibly. This alternate for Denver looks polished, it just doesn’t look like the Broncos to me. 

• Like 1

This is going to be an unpopular opinion...

This is by no means a good uniform, is basically the definition of pointless, and it's a shame they chose this over an 80's throwback BUT...

I'm so tired of their played out current primary uniform that if they wore this alternate with the white socks like this...

spacer.png

I'd probably prefer it to this...

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 6

On 7/24/2023 at 8:35 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Both Cleveland and Baltimore are the Browns, yet neither are the Browns

Shrodinger's NFL franchise.

20 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

YoU CaN'T ChAnGe tHe sEaHaWkS UnIfOrMs, ThEy wOn a sUpEr bOwL In tHeM!

Why does that argument apply to some teams and not others?

It shouldn't apply to any team because it's a really stupid argument.

• Like 10

BB52Big.jpg

On 7/24/2023 at 1:22 PM, Cujo said:

So you're telling me Seattle had a couple serviceable players between the Largent and Holmgren eras... 

The Seahawks might've been the worst team in the 90s decade. Rock, paper, scissors between them, the Cards and Bengals.

Off the top of my head plus a small amount of googling: Seahawks, Bengals, Cardinals, Browns, Panthers, and Rams had one playoff season each during the ‘90s. Bears, Falcons, Saints, Giants and Raiders had three each. Jets and Buccaneers each had two.  

Rams won the Super Bowl in their only playoff appearance of the decade. Bengals, Browns, Cardinals, Panthers each went 1-1 in their lone playoff appearances. Jets went 1-2. Saints were 0-3. Seahawks were 0-1. Falcons, Raiders, Giants and Bears had multiple playoff wins during the decade, including a Super Bowl win for the Giants. 

It would appear that the Seahawks, despite not having anywhere near the worst overall record of the decade, were the most futile team in one measure: they were the only franchise to have exactly ONE playoff appearance and exactly ZERO playoff wins that decade. The Saints may have been more frustrating, with their 0-3 playoff record, but Seattle seemed to do just enough to not have the #1 pick, but not enough to be relevant in the league.