NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

5 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

So,  Nike just plans on making the NFL as NBA as possible. I feel like most teams that make a uniform change are going to start having home and road uniforms that are completely different from each other than an alternate that has nothing to do with them as well instead of everything just being a color swap.  I'm absolutely terrified of what the Lions are going to look like when they get new uniforms, I'd rather them just stick to what they have now if they're not going to just go back to the Barry Sanders uniforms with the current logo. 

It all comes down to the teams and their willingness to play along. Many teams have strong brand identities and won't go along with whatever Nike wants. The Patriots have a strong identity and don't have any Nike craziness in their new(ish) uniforms. (I personally think they need silver pants, but that's neither here nor there.)

The Texans appear to be the perfect storm of a team lacking strong leadership and vision, so this could be very ugly.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like the Rams are not getting another alternate this season. 

They need a blue helmet-yellow jersey-white pants-yellow socks combo. Or heck, make the socks blue instead of yellow. Do it in the current style or use one from the past, I don’t care. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Looks like the Rams are not getting another alternate this season. 

Interesting choices for the bone jersey.  

They wore bone over bone the first two years of the current set in Arizona and added blue pants last year.

I'm hoping to see the mono bone with blue socks against red over white for Arizona.

14929176.jpg

But I suspect we'll get something like this.

arzvlar2021_14avows9k5u7u1ckgt6nw4y6h5.j

• Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Sad 2

I'm not sure I need to see a horned helmet for Houston, especially as the primary.  It just doesn't work for me... they're the Houston Texans, not the Houston Bulls. The logo works because it's a Texas state flag in the shape of a bulls head... it's pretty clever. Without the flag, the connection isn't as strong. 

And the "mean and tough" uniform the dopey players are coming up with is going to straight up, 100% blow.  Zero doubt.

• Like 20

12 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

They wore bone over bone the first two years of the current set in Arizona and added blue pants last year.

I'm hoping to see the mono bone with blue socks against red over white for Arizona.

14929176.jpg

I thought the dirty dishwater uniform had gone away. 

Still hideous.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

32 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I thought the dirty dishwater uniform had gone away. 

I thought last year was the last time too but apparently not and we haven't seen mono bone since 2021.

For my part I think it's overly maligned. Especially when worn as intended as monochrome with blue accessories.

usa_today_14955868.0.jpg

Bucs_Rams_Football_89199.jpg

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I thought last year was the last time too but apparently not and we haven't seen mono bone since 2021.

For my part I think it's overly maligned. Especially when worn as intended as monochrome with blue accessories.

usa_today_14955868.0.jpg

Bucs_Rams_Football_89199.jpg

That combo makes it semi-tolerable and is probably the best option with the bone, but it's still a bad uniform

• Like 13

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

You know, maybe just maybe, the bone could be salvageable. White needs to be completely gone. All it does is make the bone look dingy. Then, if you add a blue-yellow-blue pants stripe and keep it paired with blue socks, it might not be that bad. I honestly think its the way the secondary colors are used that make it look horrendous. The color isn't bad, its really almost every other aspect of the uniform that just terribly designed. It brings attention to the color in the worst possible way.

Plus, naming it bone and releasing a new logo that sort of resembles genitalia didn't really do it any favors 😂

• Like 7

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Eh. Texans’ horns will definitely be bulls’ horns. The Vikings’ horns definitely aren’t. I would hope that Houston’s start front center and end no farther back than the middle of each side. 

What are the Vikings horns if not bull horns?

7 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

You know, maybe just maybe, the bone could be salvageable. White needs to be completely gone. All it does is make the bone look dingy. Then, if you add a blue-yellow-blue pants stripe and keep it paired with blue socks, it might not be that bad. I honestly think its the way the secondary colors are used that make it look horrendous. The color isn't bad, its really almost every other aspect of the uniform that just terribly designed. It brings attention to the color in the worst possible way.

Plus, naming it bone and releasing a new logo that sort of resembles genitalia didn't really do it any favors 😂

Bone could work for somebody out there...it just doesn't work for the Rams at all.  

• Like 4

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

8 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

14929176.jpg

It's probably going to be Bone vs. Black.  Cardinals have no primetime games on the schedule so I can see them wearing the black against the Rams.

bSLCtu2.png

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure I need to see a horned helmet for Houston, especially as the primary.  It just doesn't work for me... they're the Houston Texans, not the Houston Bulls. The logo works because it's a Texas state flag in the shape of a bulls head... it's pretty clever. Without the flag, the connection isn't as strong

Amen

• Like 4

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not sure I need to see a horned helmet for Houston, especially as the primary.  It just doesn't work for me... they're the Houston Texans, not the Houston Bulls. The logo works because it's a Texas state flag in the shape of a bulls head... it's pretty clever. Without the flag, the connection isn't as strong. 

I 100% agree. Also, the idea of horns on a helmet might seem like a novel idea, in the same class as the Eagles wings and Vikings, but it's becoming clear that those two teams seem more like the exception than the rule when it comes to pulling that look off. The Texans are more likely to swing and miss, a la the Edmonton Elks and San Antonio Brahmas. 

The Texans feel like a franchise trapped by its own good logo. That Texas flag bull works on every level, except for the fact that they wrapped it in colors that have grown stale. Now that every team is trying to pull off multiple helmets, the Texans have very little to go with other than changing the base color of the helmet. And since it's literally the only thing they've worn in their 21-year history, they have no other visual references to pull from. 

So I understand why they're seemingly throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. There's a real sense of jersey/helmet envy going on there. 

The easiest thing to do in this case would be to swap the navy for powder blue in the color palette. (And maybe switch to Oilers-esque helmets.) They wouldn't really be treading on anybody's territory. The Titans have made it clear their intent to be a navy-first team, leaving the powder/red/white company there for the taking. And the Texans would end up with a refreshed look that will also likely energize the fan base.