College Football 2023

Rixaroo

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

Arkansas State being the love child of the Patriots (striping) and Texans (numbers)

F1gh7srXgAEHsoX?format=jpg&name=large
F1gdpGKXsAglwBY?format=jpg&name=large

clicks Shuffle

"Ah, there's a uniform I like"

• Like 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Florida seriously needs to go back to the previous number font. These are far superior to the crap they've been wearing as of late.

Tebow elected to College Football Hall of Fame

College Football Predictions: Tim Tebow and the 10 Biggest Holes to Fill |  News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

I agree that regular block is better but I have never disliked Florida’s modern font like a lot of others. It still reads to me as a mostly block font with some subtle tweaks.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I agree that regular block is better but I have never disliked Florida’s modern font like a lot of others. It still reads to me as a mostly block font with some subtle tweaks.

But in the worst way, it shouldn't but utterly confuses the brain... an understanding the radar terrible number font.

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Florida seriously needs to go back to the previous number font. These are far superior to the crap they've been wearing as of late.

Tebow elected to College Football Hall of Fame

College Football Predictions: Tim Tebow and the 10 Biggest Holes to Fill |  News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

I actually prefer the current font, but if they go back to these they need to flip the 2 and 5 upside down like they used to do.

The 2001 Florida Gators Are a Great What-If Team - Team Speed Kills

Remembering college football's patriotic scenes following 9/11 in 2001

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 hours ago, CS85 said:

clicks Shuffle

"Ah, there's a uniform I like"

Could be worse

TtWnFy6.jpg

EDIT: For clarity, I think the new ones are solid, but the number font should be a standard block instead of the Texans thing. But nobody pays me to be the uniform nerd at Arkansas State despite my lobbying.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

New Nevada set

I'm disappointed they went back to regular silver helmets. That Notre Dame style finish looked great on them. What are we calling that finish anyway? Metallic leaf?

The rest of the set is meh, but it would be better if the pants and helmet matched. Either both have stripes or both are stripeless. As it is, they look disjointed.

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, colinturner95 said:

I can't quite place why, but these scream practice jersey to me. Very catalog for sure, but an added dash of training camp IMO 

I think it's the lack of the wolves on the sleeves. There's a lot of blank space that should be used. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Couple more looks at Sparty. I like the green jerseys and pants. The trim on the collar and sleeves works because it is subtle and tonal. The pants also solved one of my biggest gripes with Michigan State - they had that weird abbreviated stripe. I don’t think I like the helmet stripe. The black is stupid.

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Couple more looks at Sparty. I like the green jerseys and pants. The trim on the collar and sleeves works because it is subtle and tonal. The pants also solved one of my biggest gripes with Michigan State - they had that weird abbreviated stripe. I don’t think I like the helmet stripe. The black is stupid.

yeah the helmet stripe being contrasting and the jersey/pants stripes being subtle doesn't work for me. Good look overall though. The black uniform is definitely iffy, but I think I'll take it over the neon nonsense 

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The "shadow"/black uniform is a bit redundant for a school that wears a darker shade of green primarily, but the overall look is pretty nice. I don't really have any complaints.

Like it or not, Nike has pretty much hit it out of the park with all of their new designs, with a handful of exceptions (UCF and Cincinnati have been the only misses so far IMO). Florida State, Oklahoma State, Cal, Michigan State, Illinois, WKU, Ohio State... all of them will look pretty good this season. Just wish these were all on the old template instead of the FUSE.

• Like 5

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

11 hours ago, Ark said:

interesting that there is so much difference in the distance between the "Michigan State" wordmark and the 'v' of the Fuse template between the white and green jerseys. 

The white one seems to be the closest to, even overlapping, the 'v' I've seen yet. The template has lead to teams pushing down the name and number really low.

I don’t really care for the helmet stripe either. A tonal stripe or no stripe at all would have been better. The black is par for the course in college football. I’m numb to it at this point.

• Like 2