Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

DO 

NOT 

TRUST 

REDDIT 

The first "reddit person" of course was wrong, but in the past week, two reddit people were calling this plain look with no color change.  I didn't want to believe them.

I'm still shaking my head in disappointment.  What could have been.  😕

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

10 hours ago, Blast_Brothers said:

For your consideration:

spacer.png

I don't know. It's okay.

Had this been what they presented us with on stage—and had they promised fans that thise would be their primary combos—I think they'd have been much more positively received. The giant ARIZONA is still dumb, but that would've been a solid B+ upgrade. And in this guise, I actually REALLY like the stripes switching between the red and white pieces—and yet somehow ingeniously locking up with the black jersey alternate. THAT would be the best way to go about it. Even if they go white over white on the road part time, it still wouldn't torpedo the look. With all that said...

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If you block out 2005-22, it’s a somewhat natural progression of uniform IMO

spacer.png

Sometimes you just don't know what you miss until you look at it again after 20 years, but this right here remains my favorite Cardinals jersey, home, alternate or otherwise. (I REALLY would have loved to see the flag blue mixed into this new set, even if just like above. But alas...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The best thing I can say about these: not as bad as I feared, but not as good as I hoped. 

I’m glad that they leaned more towards classic Cardinals than desert spacesuit, and think these could have been much worse. The rumored color scheme that had been shared earlier, to be honest, was not looking great in my head, so that potential crisis was at least averted. They had good intentions here, but the execution is lacking on multiple fronts.

It may be because they’ve never really featured it as a color, but the inclusion of silver by them is really jarring to me. It doesn’t look right on a Cardinals uniform, and it just seems kind of…there.

The road white uniform is my favorite of the three and closest to what I was hoping for, so I think I’m going to enjoy seeing that one in action more than the others. The inspiration is definitely there. But again, the silver looks really odd as used and pulls the set down a bit from what it could have been (I think I’d have made the inner stripe red and the outer stripes black). Maybe the silver is just something I’ll get used to, but for now, it’s a bit much. They may have been able to get away with silver flakes on the helmet only and no silver elsewhere. 

The “ARIZONA” wordmark in the red jersey is just flat out bad. It’s comically large and looks especially imbalanced when over a single digit number (which is not ideal at all considering Kyler’s jersey is probably one of the most popular sells). I’m usually not that bothered by stripeless pants, but I am in this case. It leaves the home set looking rather empty and lifeless, to be honest. The classic Cardinals home set was indeed simple, but still had stripes on the pants and broke up the colors with an R/W/R combo. This home set under the helmet is just kind of one big blood clot of nothing.

Never been a fan of the Cards in mono black, and I’m still not. If they have to have a black uniform, then it needs the white helmet and even white pants. This color rush nonsense has run its course.

Honestly, the photoshop that was posted wayyyy back earlier yesterday with the state flags on the sleeve achieved what I was hoping for with a much stronger execution. This set tried, and I can appreciate the try and the intention, but just a lot of execution mishaps across the board. On a reaction scale of “repulsively gagging” and “joyously backflipping”, it’s somewhere along the region of “blandly shrugging.”

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm still shaking my head in disappointment.  What could have been.  😕

I'm very happy we didn't get that VT colour change 

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The first "reddit person" of course was wrong, but in the past week, two reddit people were calling this plain look with no color change.  I didn't want to believe them.

On the whole Reddit's been a source of bs and disinformation by teenagers or adults with teenage sensibilities who get off on the idea of having inside info. Even if they don't actually have it. 

• Like 2

More thoughts with a day to digest these:

- The road and black set are actually quite great. I don’t get Nike’s new insistence on putting team names on the sleeves but it at least works in this setup.

- STOP THE MONOCHROME. We get it. You did color rush five years ago and people noticed. Congrats. Now let’s move on and make normal uniform combinations again, especially where the pants match the helmet.

- I still think the huge ARIZONA is big time amateur vibes but it probably looks even worse paired with the slim number one. Still it’s an arena league look and should be shrunk at least in half.  I dunno, maybe I should just feel lucky they didn’t get real dumb and put BIRD GANG on the front. 

• Like 5

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Just one [more] man's opinion (not mine)...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, TruColor said:

I will go into more detail later (on vacation right now), but the rumored colors I heard were going to happen were:

Grand Red (209)

Desert Gloaming (158)

Desert Cardinal Gray (421)

Desert Night (Black)

Flagstaff Snow White (White)

Gradient pants, lots of other crazy details.

With all due respect, this all utterly perplexes me. Youre a connected guy who has provided invaluable information, whether archival or new and noteworthy, to these boards across decades. Youre so deep in that, of course, you already saw the actual helmet that was to be unveiled: white with silver speckle, a silver face mask and the airbrushed normal Cardinal logo from the alt helmets in the normal Cardinal logo color scheme. All of which is very plausible based on what they’ve done before and recently. That’s just the TruColor power at work.

Then, along comes Some Guy From Reddit, or, in this case, u/ISniffButts50. No credentials, no established credibility, hardly so much as an internet footprint whatsoever; just a guy who likes smelling rears and made a post telling Cardinals fans to wait to buy jerseys. He then goes on to describe then render the most schizo idea possible for the Cardinals to try to revive their tired brand: change their 100 year old color scheme that theyre literally named after to maroon, orange, and silver. Basically a rejected Virginia Tech pro combat alt from 2009. Probably the dumbest idea of all time.

It was enough for you to go investigate, and somehow in this interaction, he relayed to you enough specific information for you to feel confident coming back here and saying “Yeah this might happen.” Even though youve already seen the real helmet which completely contradicted the entirety of what u/ISniffButts50 was telling you, yet those hex codes and “regional” color names that he gave were enough to make you consider that they could possibly put that helmet with a red and yellow cardinal on it with uniforms that look like that. That was all we knew before that he gave you, hex codes that anyone can look up to specific colors and color names that anyone with a little sly creativity could come up with. The gradient pants is news to us, which drives the idea even further into stupid hole.

Which is just the thing: the whole idea was just so incomprehensibly stupid that I refused to believe for a second that an NFL team would destroy their brand on such a caliber. Nike has done some weird things, but there are some things that if you’ve been paying attention, you know they won’t mess with till the end of time. The Cardinals are a red and white team and they proved that final last night by committing to that for at least another five goes round the sun. It was absolutely surreal to just watch 100+ pages of pure discussion fly by assuming that the Cardinals were really going to do that, just because of your credibility when you took the plunge and semi-verified them.

What’s truly crazy is that I’ve only posted here for ten years, and already I’ve seen a million incidents, like @IceCap said, of Some Guy On Reddit turning out to be full of complete horse:censored:. It just feels like it should’ve been a no brainer to dismiss him swiftly and completely for no other reason than that his credential was Reddit. I’ve felt that this entire time, yet felt like I was going insane reading page after page of maroon and orange fantasies when it was so obviously false. Just exhausting to even think about engaging with from what ultimately turned out to be the sane standpoint. Its like nobody’s been paying attention to how NFL teams actually carry their brands; all they can do is say “Nike bad” as though that justifies that they could actually do something as bad as what u/ISniffButts50 proposed. Guess what: they haven’t to date and they probably never will.

I really don’t want to grill you for something like this since the difference in our legacies here speaks for itself. I just wanted to provide some context to this being probably the most bizarre two weeks I’ve experienced on here, and as a cautionary tale about the responsibility that comes with credibility. There is a lot that could have been avoided here by simply never ever believing “leaks” from Reddit.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

More merch to sell

It would make sense if they sold the pants. Instead it forces some ugly all one color look. I'm fine with a third jersey matching the rest of the uniform set, but it shouldn't be locked into that one color base. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

53 minutes ago, H11K said:

My biggest problem with the uniforms.... is that they didn't listen to us Cardinals fans one bit. 

We have been clamoring for some type of state flag representation on the uniforms for years and they just ignored it, I think thats why they're just so.. meh.

Just a tone deaf move to be honest, the uniforms are fine, but are perceived worse because of that in my opinion.

You didn't get a state flag but you did get a giant ARIZONA across the chest. If you need a reminder of where you are, there it is.

42 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If you block out 2005-22, it’s a somewhat natural progression of uniform IMO

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yeah, that's the perfect Cardinals set to me. Some people like essentially that same set but with black stripes, but that's not for me.

Re: Reddit -- there are like a billion people on the platform. I'm not sure what "don't trust reddit" can mean because I'm sure for every rumor of a crazy redesign, you could also find a rumor of something basic and boring and monochromatic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, Bathysphere said:

With all due respect, this all utterly perplexes me. Youre a connected guy who has provided invaluable information, whether archival or new and noteworthy, to these boards across decades. Youre so deep in that, of course, you already saw the actual helmet that was to be unveiled: white with silver speckle, a silver face mask and the airbrushed normal Cardinal logo from the alt helmets in the normal Cardinal logo color scheme. All of which is very plausible based on what they’ve done before and recently. That’s just the TruColor power at work.

Then, along comes Some Guy From Reddit, or, in this case, u/ISniffButts50. No credentials, no established credibility, hardly so much as an internet footprint whatsoever; just a guy who likes smelling rears and made a post telling Cardinals fans to wait to buy jerseys. He then goes on to describe then render the most schizo idea possible for the Cardinals to try to revive their tired brand: change their 100 year old color scheme that theyre literally named after to maroon, orange, and silver. Basically a rejected Virginia Tech pro combat alt from 2009. Probably the dumbest idea of all time.

It was enough for you to go investigate, and somehow in this interaction, he relayed to you enough specific information for you to feel confident coming back here and saying “Yeah this might happen.” Even though youve already seen the real helmet which completely contradicted the entirety of what u/ISniffButts50 was telling you, yet those hex codes and “regional” color names that he gave were enough to make you consider that they could possibly put that helmet with a red and yellow cardinal on it with uniforms that look like that. That was all we knew before that he gave you, hex codes that anyone can look up to specific colors and color names that anyone with a little sly creativity could come up with. The gradient pants is news to us, which drives the idea even further into stupid hole.

Which is just the thing: the whole idea was just so incomprehensibly stupid that I refused to believe for a second that an NFL team would destroy their brand on such a caliber. Nike has done some weird things, but there are some things that if you’ve been paying attention, you know they won’t mess with till the end of time. The Cardinals are a red and white team and they proved that final last night by committing to that for at least another five goes round the sun. It was absolutely surreal to just watch 100+ pages of pure discussion fly by assuming that the Cardinals were really going to do that, just because of your credibility when you took the plunge and semi-verified them.

What’s truly crazy is that I’ve only posted here for ten years, and already I’ve seen a million incidents, like @IceCap said, of Some Guy On Reddit turning out to be full of complete horse:censored:. It just feels like it should’ve been a no brainer to dismiss him swiftly and completely for no other reason than that his credential was Reddit. I’ve felt that this entire time, yet felt like I was going insane reading page after page of maroon and orange fantasies when it was so obviously false. Just exhausting to even think about engaging with from what ultimately turned out to be the sane standpoint. Its like nobody’s been paying attention to how NFL teams actually carry their brands; all they can do is say “Nike bad” as though that justifies that they could actually do something as bad as what u/ISniffButts50 proposed. Guess what: they haven’t to date and they probably never will.

I really don’t want to grill you for something like this since the difference in our legacies here speaks for itself. I just wanted to provide some context to this being probably the most bizarre two weeks I’ve experienced on here, and as a cautionary tale about the responsibility that comes with credibility. There is a lot that could have been avoided here by simply never ever believing “leaks” from Reddit.

He did state "Rumored colors". And you also see teams add colors that never make it onto  their uniforms but get used for other types of media. NBA teams are the worst for this because they add and subtract colors every year now due to their multiple uniforms that change from year to year. We've had people here claim that the rumors were "100% a sure thing" multiple times that were nowhere close to what was ultimately released. @TruColordidn't say this was a guaranteed change, so I don't know why people are coming after him with knives out. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, TruColor said:

I will go into more detail later (on vacation right now), but the rumored colors I heard were going to happen were:

Grand Red (209)

Desert Gloaming (158)

Desert Cardinal Gray (421)

Desert Night (Black)

Flagstaff Snow White (White)

Gradient pants, lots of other crazy details.

And instead we get just a little silver added 🙄

Props to that reddit dude for his wild imagination.  At least someone has some creativity.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

I just CANNOT wrap my head around the appeal of socks that are the same color as the pants. God, these uniforms are actually great with the red pants only used with the white jersey. I mean it literally looks like pajamas with red jersey/pants/socks…there are uniforms I don’t like but I can at least understand the appeal. But a huge block of all red looks awful. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Bathysphere said:

In @TruColor's defense, he said multiple times that the information could be bad. In reality, he had one legitimate piece of information -- having seen the helmet shells -- and the rest, just like us, was speculation based upon rumors. He was up front about that. 

But (the collective) we get so invested in sniffing out details that it was easy to gloss over those acknowledgements and turn what he said into pure hype. 

That's not on him. He shouldn't feel bad for having a good reputation. 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

He did state "Rumored colors". And you also see teams add colors that never make it onto  their uniforms but get used for other types of media. NBA teams are the worst for this because they add and subtract colors every year now due to their multiple uniforms that change from year to year. We've had people here claim that the rumors were "100% a sure thing" multiple times that were nowhere close to what was ultimately released. @TruColordidn't say this was a guaranteed change, so I don't know why people are coming after him with knives out. 

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

In @TruColor's defense, he said multiple times that the information could be bad. In reality, he had one legitimate piece of information -- having seen the helmet shells -- and the rest, just like us, was speculation based upon rumors. He was up front about that. 

But (the collective) we get so invested in sniffing out details that it was easy to gloss over those acknowledgements and turn what he said into pure hype. 

That's not on him. He shouldn't feel bad for having a good reputation. 

I come with no knife, as I did remember him saying at times that he was skeptical about the differences in the helmet and rumored color scheme.  That just made it even harder for me to believe that it could possibly be real. It’s understandable that he wouldn’t have assumed not only that his words would have so much power but also that his readers would have so little reading comprehension as to take his word at gospel. Nobody acknowledged TruColor when he expressed skepticism in the rumors, just continued to speculate on how they would be really implemented because they were so obviously real. I even caught @oldschoolvikings implying it was real because TruColor said it was (last chance to say ‘sike,’ big dog). It just feels like a lapse in form for the boards on the whole.

Again, not saying that anything TruColor has done is wrong. Just pointing out a rather seismic cause and effect.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1