2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

10 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Honolulu Blue vs Niners Red would be a great color-on-color matchup in the NFCCG, if only the NFL allowed such things.

Good thing they don't.  It looks like PeeWee football where teams only have one set.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Good thing they don't.  It looks like PeeWee football where teams only have one set.

I used to feel the same way.  In fact, I've probably made posts adamantly against any notion of color v color games.

But as I get older, I've backed off of some of my hard-line stances, and allow for some exceptions to my "rules".  This particular matchup, in a championship game, would be one of them (provided the Lions weren't mono-blue, because I'd never support anything that allows that stupid combo.)

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I used to feel the same way.  In fact, I've probably made posts adamantly against any notion of color v color games.

But as I get older, I've backed off of some of my hard-line stances, and allow for some exceptions to my "rules".  This particular matchup, in a championship game, would be one of them (provided the Lions weren't mono-blue, because I'd never support anything that allows that stupid combo.)

I'm the opposite. If you want to do some gimmicky color vs color game in the regular season, be my guest. Have fun with it. But in the playoffs, I'm a hardline traditionalist. I just want primary uniforms in traditional combinations (i.e. no monochrome or leggings). Bringing the color vs color gimmick to a playoff game would cheapen it to me.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Only people on here would notice this, but it looks to me like the shade of silver on the Lions' pants stripes is noticeably different compared to the jersey stripes. The silver on the pants has much more of a warm tint to it. It's another reason why silver pants would be preferable with their home jerseys.

42 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Only people on here would notice this, but it looks to me like the shade of silver on the Lions' pants stripes is noticeably different compared to the jersey stripes. The silver on the pants has much more of a warm tint to it. It's another reason why silver pants would be preferable with their home jerseys.

The Lions jersey numbers also seem a bit darker gray as well. Sort of the same issue the Saints have with their gold numbers on the black jerseys. They never seem to match the other golds.

We have just seen a running back, on 3rd Down in a playoff game, get slowed down just enough to be stopped short of a 1st because a defender was able to get a hold of, pull, and tear his extra-long undershirt. So that trend may start fading.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

15 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

We have just seen a running back, on 3rd Down in a playoff game, get slowed down just enough to be stopped short of a 1st because a defender was able to get a hold of, pull, and tear his extra-long undershirt. So that trend may start fading.

I want to believe that, but that's not the first time I've seen that happen. The tightness of current jerseys will override that issue for undershirts. Until the NFL starts enforcing tucking in shirts, I don't think being slowed or tackled due to an untucked shirt will change anything.

49 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

That was one strong undershirt, too.

So I'm assuming these are the uniforms we'll see next weekend:

nqcopmnocan7b11y6okc

dm_240120_Niners_CMC_game_winning_TD1410

USATSI_21366281.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Now, the Lions have changed up their uniforms every time they've lost in them, and they did lose in the all-white last time they wore them. I think we see them anyway, but the blue pants instead wouldn't surprise me.

The Chiefs would be in white over red with a win. Not sure if the Bill would go with white over white with blue socks or white over blue with white socks, but they won their last two road games in those combos. 

• Like 3

On 1/19/2024 at 10:02 AM, leopard88 said:

I don't remember this at all.

The grey pants seem out of place since the Ravens don't use grey anywhere else in their color scheme.  However, they sort of fit the generally dark color scheme (probably better than the gold pants).

How about purple helmets, purple jerseys, and mustard gold pants?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

but the blue pants instead wouldn't surprise me

That would be the best looking option IMO. Not a fan of silver pants vs gold pants (or gray vs tan as some would say since Nike doesn't do shiny pants these days).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

46 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

So I'm assuming these are the uniforms we'll see next weekend:

nqcopmnocan7b11y6okc

The Ravens best combo.  Should be their only  dark option.

Loved it in 1996, love it now.

13020211091473.jpg

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Whoever dresses the lions must have gotten inspiration from the saints. All they need is the silver or gold pants, maybe sprinkle in the colored pants once in a while, but instead choose the color unitard for home and the white tracksuit for road. Then make sure you also wear the same color socks. Sad

• Like 3
KISSwall09.jpg

22 minutes ago, hormone said:

Whoever dresses the lions must have gotten inspiration from the saints. All they need is the silver or gold pants, maybe sprinkle in the colored pants once in a while, but instead choose the color unitard for home and the white tracksuit for road. Then make sure you also wear the same color socks. Sad

Lions do have silver/gray for the road and it looks so good.  Hate that they don’t use it more.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

The Ravens best combo.  Should be their only  dark option.

Loved it in 1996, love it now.

13020211091473.jpg

Loved the Ravens’ black pants even more in 1997 and 1998:

spacer.png

I would’ve loved to see Baltimore wear the black pants with their purple jerseys at least once then, or would put stripes on their pants now.

Edited by DustDevil61
  • Like 8
  • Love 1