2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

18 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Now for something actually relevant to the topic at hand: 

Give it 40 years and the Chiefs uniforms are going to look like an African dictator’s what with all the patches that’ll inevitably wind up on it

And here are the 49ers in their classic look. Gorgeous uniform combo!

Say what you will about a Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl but at least the aesthetics look better than, say, a Ravens-Lions SB. 

Still a way to go until they look like a North Korean general. 

18 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

It’s ridiculous how quickly the Texans have turned it around so far. I say “so far” because they could always turn into a pumpkin next season and be right back in the rebuild zone.

It’s weird that the Bears still finished better than several teams, especially with all the mayhem at the start of the season. Is this the season that truly made them a “perma-bad” team, like the Panthers are now and the Lions used to be? 

Hopefully they can keep improving, especially since they have extra first round picks for two more years. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Sport said:

I'm not gonna spend another second worrying about what kind of person rooting for the 49ers makes me with regards to Taylor Swift because it also doesn't matter.

I envy your mental health, and you're right about the 16/17 Penguins being a good comp.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Social media is designed for engagement, and angry engagement is the easiest, most effective kind.

None of this is real.

I also think a part of the problem is everyone reads angrier on social media than they really are. I could see something and be like "wow that's really dumb", but it comes across as "WOW THAT'S REALLY DUMB, YOU SON OF A :censored:!!!!!"

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only issue I can see with Taylor Swift involves what's posted on social media, so that's an easy issue to fix. Outside of that, she has only appeared during Chiefs games (which I don't even watch anyway) and yeah, it doesn't seem like it's that much coverage from what I hear.

Somewhat related note, I partly expect Kelce to propose to her at the trophy presentation if they end up winning.

12 minutes ago, JerseyJimmy said:

so sweet victory is just a hallmark of really dogass super bowls, isn't it

No, Super Bowl LIII would've been infinitely better if they actually played it instead of using it as a transition to dogass Sicko Mode.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ruttep said:

No, Super Bowl LIII would've been infinitely better if they actually played it instead of using it as a transition to dogass Sicko Mode.

Don’t worry, Adam Levine and Travis Scott  brutally disgraced themselves not long after, the latter in much more horrid fashion.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Hot take, but  since NFL being more globally each year, they should considering move Super Bowl from Sunday to Saturday and become being more friendly for viewers outside North America.

I've thought about that too.  At the very least, bumping up the start time, even if by only 2 hours.  Still wouldn't be too early for the west coasters to see all the crap that goes on before the game.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Hot take, but  since NFL being more globally each year, they should considering move Super Bowl from Sunday to Saturday and become being more friendly for viewers outside North America.

I agree. Even for those throughout North America, moving the Super Bowl to Saturday could also give people more time to celebrate and/or recover over the remainder of the weekend before going back to regular life. It’s at least something worth looking into.

• Like 1

I kinda think that certain pre-snap penalties should start with "warnings" before flags get tossed.  Like the first false start or two is just a warning, then start with the flags.  Same with neutral-zone infractions or anything where the play is blown dead before any action happens.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I kinda think that certain pre-snap penalties should start with "warnings" before flags get tossed.  Like the first false start or two is just a warning, then start with the flags.  Same with neutral-zone infractions or anything where the play is blown dead before any action happens.

Penalty is a penalty. Why should they get a warning?

It's where I sit.

19 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Penalty is a penalty. Why should they get a warning?

Because I said so.  There's no play, nobody got hurt, ball isn't even snaped most of the time, so it's not like an advantage was gained either way (unless you go out there and say "well, they got to see the formation."

I forgot to add - in this system, your first 1 or 2 are warnings, your 3rd is 5 yards, 4th is 15, 5th is ejection, 6th is 1-year ban, 7th is public execution.

I'm just trying to avoid as many rule-mandated executions as possible.  If you want to see people die over relatively -innocuous fouls, that's between you and god.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1

8 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

Greenlaw & Bosa both hurt? Just crown the Chiefs already. 

10-0 and this is a Chiefs offense that isn’t nearly as explosive as prior teams. The defense is far better, but unless the offense gets it going and in a hurry, it’ll get ugly soon.