MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

16 hours ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

I meant from Spring Training. I was hoping they would darken the navy but they didn’t 

Their previous ST jerseys were sans piping. 

Accounting for the fact I know from experience as a photog that lighting makes all the difference, I have seen enough of these two jerseys in different lighting to confirm that the difference in blue to what looks like purple is stark. 

usa_today_20155081.jpg

k1efd57gkjgcwhpnrl2m.jpg

Just following the logic of color application, I should prefer the bottom jersey over the top one. But I don't. 

What has bothered me more than anything about the Braves uniforms in general since this template switch is the wordmark-tomahawks have been shrunk considerably, which just makes these jerseys look more like cheap knock offs than they really are. 

On the TV feed last night the red piping gets lost. I would rather it just be a solid blue jersey, because as I've stated before -- the red and blue mixing together without white to break it up just "purpifies" the jersey at a glance. 

It makes me long for the old BP-esque road jerseys, which they wore too often and I very much disliked at the time. But just in photos there's such a difference to me in terms of one of these looking like a pro ball uniform, and one looking like the players are wearing something that should be retail-only. 

ghows-GA-ce0d25a3-b11a-4fbe-8ae2-a53b7be

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 10:57 AM, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

do you need glasses bc i can see its a two just fine

Still photos in HD are one thing, in person and on broadcast is another.  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 10:31 AM, BBTV said:

Can hardly make out the number in this photo, which is from way closer than the seats are.   They could definitely have made the outline thicker.

Rays-CC8.jpg

Hopefully if this is ever anything more than a City Connect, it will have a different number color. I like the neon green NOB, though. 

Bryce Harper is being interviewed.  He's clearly wearing a new jersey - can tell by the placket stitching and paper-towel material.  But his wordmark has a texture to it - kinda like a chainstitch.  Not the '19-'23 version where it was "patterned", but the pre-'19 version where it was more solid.  I can't say for sure that it's chainstitching, but it sure doesn't look like twill.  If I can find a pic I'll post it.

Could be nothing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

31 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Bryce Harper is being interviewed.  He's clearly wearing a new jersey - can tell by the placket stitching and paper-towel material.  But his wordmark has a texture to it - kinda like a chainstitch.  Not the '19-'23 version where it was "patterned", but the pre-'19 version where it was more solid.  I can't say for sure that it's chainstitching, but it sure doesn't look like twill.  If I can find a pic I'll post it.

Could be nothing.

GM3JVCxWsAAuiM5?format=jpg&name=large

No, they just have a textured sheen to them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Their previous ST jerseys were sans piping. 

Accounting for the fact I know from experience as a photog that lighting makes all the difference, I have seen enough of these two jerseys in different lighting to confirm that the difference in blue to what looks like purple is stark. 

usa_today_20155081.jpg

k1efd57gkjgcwhpnrl2m.jpg

Just following the logic of color application, I should prefer the bottom jersey over the top one. But I don't. 

What has bothered me more than anything about the Braves uniforms in general since this template switch is the wordmark-tomahawks have been shrunk considerably, which just makes these jerseys look more like cheap knock offs than they really are. 

On the TV feed last night the red piping gets lost. I would rather it just be a solid blue jersey, because as I've stated before -- the red and blue mixing together without white to break it up just "purpifies" the jersey at a glance. 

It makes me long for the old BP-esque road jerseys, which they wore too often and I very much disliked at the time. But just in photos there's such a difference to me in terms of one of these looking like a pro ball uniform, and one looking like the players are wearing something that should be retail-only. 

ghows-GA-ce0d25a3-b11a-4fbe-8ae2-a53b7be

right, the smaller wordmarks on the new Nike jerseys are just  a joke.... has there been any explanation for it?

Always liked that Braves navy alternate you posted,  they could have used red piping around the sleeves and perhaps  the braves logo, the "A"  on the sleeve, so it's looked more like a game jersey and not a BP jersey....... but other than that i think they were nice.

It... could be much worse.  I think like Cincy, this one doesn't fit in with the team's aesthetic like Milwaukee and Seattle or hit upon deep local culture like Texas and Washington, but just... sorta... looks pretty cool.  I don't want to, but I kinda really like it in a vacuum.  I'd like to see it in the sunlight.

Also, THE NUMBERS ARE CLEARLY VISIBLE!!!

• Like 3

spacer.png

spacer.png

I realize this design is a very dark shade of navy, but it really does feel like dating back to last season, Nike looked at every team's uniform set and asked:

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

On 4/2/2024 at 1:23 PM, projectjohn said:

Tigers City Connect is debuting May 10, with merch available May 6.

Most I've seen are believing it will be navy/orange and feature the '90s Tiger face logo.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:51 PM, PlayGloria said:

Are those supposed to be tire tracks on the right?

On 4/3/2024 at 7:43 AM, PlayGloria said:

I said this earlier, but that Tigers CC graphic had tire tracks on the right hand side. There's going to be some kind of Detroit Motor City element to this thing.

I'm going to pat myself on the back here 🤣

I am going to say in a vacuum it looks nice. I think we'll need to see it on field to actually get a good idea, but it's not terrible. I'd say above Cincy's for sure. But could've been better.