NH4

On 3/23/2024 at 5:16 PM, lahaye7 said:

all these nike NCAA tourney schools with (insert school name) ENERGY on their shooting shirts are somewhat lame.  So much for originality. 

The first one I saw was Texas, and I thought "Longhorns Energy" was a play on BDE. Seemed kinda clever and mascot specific. Then I saw the 41 other teams using "energy" and jumped out the window.

On 3/25/2024 at 4:21 PM, eRay said:

The first one I saw was Texas, and I thought "Longhorns Energy" was a play on BDE. Seemed kinda clever and mascot specific. Then I saw the 41 other teams using "energy" and jumped out the window.

Glad you survived!

• 2 weeks later...

South Carolina Women just won wearing these:

N4jZuQ&dpr=3&pid=ImgDetMain

Is this a championship game thing? Seems a lot of people are bewildered by the choice but mainly because Iowa is known for similar color gold (and black).

edit: technically it is the color of the gamecock’s beak and legs, I’d think 😂

• Like 1

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

8 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Is this a championship game thing? Seems a lot of people are bewildered by the choice but mainly because Iowa is known for similar color gold and black.

Someone at Under Armour thought they were making uniforms for the other USC.

• Like 3

spacer.png

2 hours ago, LEWJ said:

Is this a championship game thing? Seems a lot of people are bewildered by the choice but mainly because Iowa is known for similar color gold (and black).

For real though, these colors were distracting to me while watching the game. Would love to see if anybody has insight as to why this color balance even exists for them

• Applause 1

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

The South Carolina uniform is their "Cocky" uniform based on the mascot.

Appreciate you providing the context, I suppose that makes sense although it still doesn't really feel right for South Carolina to me.

• Like 4

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

The South Carolina uniform is their "Cocky" uniform based on the mascot.

This right here is why I'm glad this community exists. Watching the game yesterday, the yellow was throwing me off the whole time. I'm sure most people didn't even really notice it and couldn't find any info explaining why they were using yellow. In theory I guess it's fine and looks decent enough. Just doesn't feel like South Carolina.

Reminds me of when the Oregon football team incorporated orange into their uniforms to match Puddles the duck. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

47 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

This right here is why I'm glad this community exists. Watching the game yesterday, the yellow was throwing me off the whole time. I'm sure most people didn't even really notice it and I really couldn't any info explaining why they were using yellow. In theory I guess it's fine and looks decent enough. Just doesn't feel like South Carolina.

Reminds me of when the Oregon football team incorporated orange into their uniforms to match Puddles the duck. 

Unpopular opinion:

I still like THOSE Oregon uniforms. If you're going to go nuts, go nuts.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Unpopular opinion:

I still like THOSE Oregon uniforms. If you're going to go nuts, go nuts.

I agree. Oregon didn't bother me and now that I know the reasoning, South Carolina doesn't bother me either. As long as there's a legit reason for the added color, why not try it? TCU adding red is another cool example and it compliments their purple/black color scheme really well.  They aren't just schools adding random colors like volt/highlighter green, silver, charcoal/anthracite just to be cool and follow the trends. 

12 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Looks like this is our uni matchup tonight:

UConn has made the Connecticut throwbacks their main postseason jersey the last two years, which is a good thing because those jerseys rock. The Purdue uniforms are pretty good, too. 

Purdue needs a black and a gold version of the throwbacks to achieve perfection.

Is it controversial to be annoyed when teams wear non-primary uniform for a championship game?  Seems like UConn wearing throwbacks would just breed confusion in the future. Same thing with the nuggets last year and their city uniform. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Is it controversial to be annoyed when teams wear non-primary uniform for a championship game?  Seems like UConn wearing throwbacks would just breed confusion in the future. Same thing with the nuggets last year and their city uniform. 

UConn's "throwbacks" look modern enough that nobody will be confused. There's a big difference between their throwbacks and an NBA city uniform

• Like 6

Sorry, I'm on an iPad