2024 NFL Changes

The front and center Raven logo is conceptionally better, but I like the current side-facing Raven more. The latter looks more dynamic on a helmet the way it faces the same direction as the player, which can be said for every human/animal side-facing logo. I know people will still bring up the placement of the B inside of the logo when on the left side of the helmet, but as long as the raven itself is still facing towards the front of the helmet, I don't see much issue.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, RedSeaHeath said:

These helmets fit and enhance the entire look of the alternate jerseys. Big big fan even if it is monochrome.

HOLY :censored:! PUT WHITE OR BLACK PANTS ON THESE BAD ASS UNIFORM SET AND YOU CAN TAKE ALL MY MONEY, BALTIMORE! OH MY GOD! THOSE HELMETS AND THE LOGO!!! HOLY :censored:!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NH4 said:

GQXAUJmWIAA4uuF?format=jpg&name=large

That gold pops so well , this might be thirst alternate helmet I love

I HAVE THE BIGGEST RISE EVER LOOKING AT THOSE BEAUTIES! I WANT THESE TO BE THE DEFAULT! OH MY GOD! LOOK AT HOW THEY EXCUTED THIS LOOK! I AM GOING TO DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN! See the different between the Vikings and the Ravens? The purple with the Ravens has a slight blue like indigo tint while the one for Minnesota has a plum tint (which used to be darker).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

8 hours ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you brought back the gold pants they discarded for this look, OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! Purple helmets, purple jerseys, and the gold pants they got rid of was a missed opportunity for this look! HOLY :censored:!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Vikings are a purple and YELLOW team. Notice how the gold helmet stripe and facemask and numbers are shiny and metallic? The Ravens use actual gold. The Vikings do not and never have. 

This silly argument comes up way too often here. Athletic gold is gold. It is a flat representation of gold, tracing back to medieval heraldry. It is also a shade of yellow that is slightly toward orange.

Saying "The Vikings don't wear gold, they wear yellow!" Is like saying, "Alabama doesn't wear crimson, they wear red!"

• Like 14

spacer.png

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Just making sure you know the jerseys have been around a few years. Only thing that's new is the helmet. 

Right. I was just mentioning factors that distinguish these uniforms from Minnesota’s. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, burgundy said:

This silly argument comes up way too often here. Athletic gold is gold. It is a flat representation of gold, tracing back to medieval heraldry. It is also a shade of yellow that is slightly toward orange.

Saying "The Vikings don't wear gold, they wear yellow!" Is like saying, "Alabama doesn't wear crimson, they wear red!"

That was kind of just pushback against the alleged Vikings similarity. The Ravens wear metallic gold and the Vikings don’t. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Ah, but did Richard the Lionheart refer to it as 'athletic gold' at the Battle of Hattin in 1187?

Methinks not ..

• LOL 3

I'm just not feeling the new Ravens helmet. It definitely isn't bad, but it also doesn't improve anything for me. It seems like an alternate for an alternate's sake.

Baltimore's black jersey is awesome, and I'd rather see that 3x a year than remove dates for the Color Rush. The black 3x means it can be worn once each with the black, white, and purple pants for three distinct looks that I like equally.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, NH4 said:

GQXAUJmWIAA4uuF?format=jpg&name=large

That gold pops so well , this might be thirst alternate helmet I love

contrasting face mask and a non white shell? I'll be John Brown. Slap the regular decal and lets flock... 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

That was kind of just pushback against the alleged Vikings similarity. The Ravens wear metallic gold and the Vikings don’t. 

Ravens: Metallic Gold, or probably more accurately, (Metallic) Old Gold.

Vikings: Gold/Athletic Gold.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

HOLY :censored:! PUT WHITE OR BLACK PANTS ON THESE BAD ASS UNIFORM SET AND YOU CAN TAKE ALL MY MONEY, BALTIMORE! OH MY GOD! THOSE HELMETS AND THE LOGO!!! HOLY :censored:!

The pants determine if you’ll buy a jersey or a helmet? 

• LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Only thing I don’t like about the helmet is the finish. It’s too light for a dark team like the ravens. I would have much preferred a metallic purple finish like the the jets helmets, where it would clearly be purple but would appear almost black in spots. Not the inverse that the mid 2010s jags had.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, trekbkr said:

When I was a kid, I had a copy of a paperback book published by the NFL around 1976 that was packed with stats and team info.  The entry for my Vikings team noted that the team colors were "purple and white, with gold trim".  I've never forgotten that description, and I've always thought that it accurately pointed out that the Vikings don't wear yellow/gold to the same extent that the Packers do, and they don't wear purple and yellow/gold in the same proportions as, say, LSU.  It's not enough to merely list the colors included in their uniforms; the proportions of those colors matter too, in the same way a red-with-blue team is different from a blue-with-red team.   For me, the Vikings are purple and white, with a little bit of gold.   That's one reason I don't care for their color rush getup--too much yellow/gold.

Yeah, the Vikings have always used the yellow/gold as a trim color above all else. 

The Ravens have also traditionally used their gold as a trim color, but there’s enough here to differentiate the two - the metallic shade, the facemask, the gold helmet stripes, the number font - that I don’t think it looks too much like Minnesota’s color rush. 

Every single one of these alternate helmets looks like a concept from the concepts board and this isn't a compliment. The Ravens has extreme "15 year old stole dad's credit card so he could buy a photoshop helmet template" energy. 

• Like 8

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have to say, I think we are bearing witness to a CCSLC first: 

First dozen or so reactions to this helmet was universal acclaim, as well  the genuine reaction from my normie friends was also that they were floored with how great it looked. 

I log back in today expecting more of the same, and instead see a series of successive comments poo-pooing it. 

It's as if between yesterday and today I got sucked through a wormhole

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

First dozen or so reactions to this helmet was universal acclaim, as well  the genuine reaction from my normie friends was also that they were floored with how great it looked. 

I log back in today expecting more of the same, and instead see a series of successive comments poo-pooing it. 

I think alternate helmets as a whole have been kind of hated here. I get that honestly. I like one helmet per team personally. That being said, I think this is pretty great. I'm sure I will get thumbs down a few times by saying this, but I've never been a huge fan of the Ravens entire brand TBH. Nothing wrong with it and they've been pretty consistent in their history. I have always felt like the black and purple were fighting each other a bit. The helmet and numbers and shoulder patch were always just a tad too busy for my tastes too. Plus they tend to lean towards black and I'm burnt out on black heavy teams. So the purple and gold (not athletic gold 🤣) is refreshing to me. For a color rush, its pretty balanced too. Not saying I want a complete rebrand to this, but for a once a year uniform, I dig it. 

32 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

That's sort of the MO around here, though. People who like a new look are more inclined to say so right away. Then those who don't feel compelled to point out the (perceived) flaws. I'm certain there are also some 'devil's advocates' (that's not the term I want, but it's not coming to me) who need to take up whatever is the opposite stance.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

It's where I sit.