Weird Question About Cities and Logos

footballfiji

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the seattle teams share a greenish theme, with the sonics green, the mariners teal-green color, and the seahawks green (former & present). i think green suits the seattle area well. maybe it reperesents the healthy green hue of the grass from all the rain?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Charlotte had two ex-teams named "Hornets", the old WFL team and the NBA team.

Chicago has the Bears and the Cubs.

Detriot has the Lions and the Tigers.

Hornets were also a minor league baseball team.

Chicago Fire; WFL and MLS

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

In New York, the Mets, Knicks and Islanders are all blue and orange, and the Mets and Knicks also have black.

The official colors of NYC are orange and blue, which explains the Knicks. Then again, the islanders don't play in the city, so maybe there is just some coincedence. The Mets took their colors from the old NL teams in NYC - blue from the Dodgers, orange from the Giants.

The Islanders play in Nassau County whose official colors are also blue and orange, although the blue the county uses is closer to the original Royal used pre-fisherman jersey.

Los Angeles' hockey and basketball teams apparently all teamed up back in the day and got a 3-for-1 deal on inexpensive one-stop shopping. Times New Roman (but italicized) was the theme of the day, it seems....plus, it looks like there wasn't enough time for the Clippers to add the effects to their letters, although they did manage to squeeze some in on the ball... ^_^

clippers.gif

lakers.gif

old.gif

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

All of the Buffalo Sports Teams, Professional, Minors, Semi-Pro and Even College all have people that live in and around the Buffalo area in the crowd at all of their home games.....

Not what you were looking for? Sorry, I guess this topic just seems like space filler to me! B)

The 2 major Buffalo teams (Bills, Sabres) use buffaloes in their logo, even though the nicknames have nothing to do with bison.

St. Louis used to have the Cardinals and the Cardinals; then the Blues showed up and screwed that up.

Well, every single major league team in Green Bay wears green and yellow. They all use the same nickname too if I recall. :P .

Which is true of Sacramento, Portland and Jacksonville, among others.

Strangely, the Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) don't use a speck of green in their unis.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Here's a few:

Houston, where the Astros, Rockets and Comets all have a space theme - of course, the former Houston Oilers and the current Houston Texans spoil the trend - silly NFL.

Baltimore, the Orioles and Ravens are both birds.

Chicago, the Bears and Cubs were mentioned, but one could make an argument that the Bulls fit in too, even though it's a different typle of animal.

Detroit, in addition to the Lions and Tigers already mentioned, they also have the Pistons, a type of wild horse(yes, I know it's not where the name originally came from), although the Red Wings ruin it =(

Florida: The Marlins, Dolphins and Jaguars all use some form of teal.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

*shrugs* I sincerely thought it was - I'd heard it before, but a google search revealed nothing but the mechanical part - maybe it was me going on an acid trip when I was young and pretending that a Piston was a horse so the teal-era Detroit uni's made sense...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Archived