The Bears Alts...

tohasbo

I didnt really like it either, seemed too flourescent like vet said. I didnt mind the broncos orange alt they had, against the raiders in the snow a few back right? Those werent as bad.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprisingly respectable when executed in live action. But like so many others have said, this does not look like the Chicago Be.ars. Also, matching orange socks are needed.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Eh. So-so. Not bad, not great.

Maybe I'm the only one on the planet who thinks this, but I really liked the orange jerseys worn Thanksgiving last year, with the navy block numbers with white trim.

:D

Me too. I would've preferred they wore those instead of the alts...

Either way, both are ridiculously sweet...They don't look like the Bears, but they're sweet nonetheless.

it is a DECENT alt. Bears didn't go with a black or off color like some teams. I do think they should just do this ONCE a year.

I think this is what my UVa Cavs would look like if they ever had orange alts.

But as for the Panthers, COME ON change to the blue already!

They would look better if the jersey wasn't as bright. It looks flourescent. Make it more of a flat orange, and they have a nice alternate look.

Why is the bottom sleeve stripe spaced farther apart from the other two?

I think you'll find on some players the bottom stripe is on the cuff instead of on the fabric part.

That's my guess.

Did the total number of orange jerseys sneak up on anyone else?

They don't look good on the Browns

45pr.jpg

they don't look good on the Bengals

21rq1.jpg36ur.jpg

they look okay on the Dolphins

63nt1.jpg

they look awesome on the Bears

18bv1.jpg

Only team that looks better in orange jerseys, the Broncos

59xd1.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I like the Bengals in orange too. Probably better with the white pants, but not bad with the black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I made this comment in another thread, but I should probably do it here too.

They should move the TV#s to the shoulders, and let the stripes be the main feature on the sleeves. The sleeve stripes tie in great with the sock stripes, but aren't too visible on everyone's jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I made this comment in another thread, but I should probably do it here too.

They should move the TV#s to the shoulders, and let the stripes be the main feature on the sleeves. The sleeve stripes tie in great with the sock stripes, but aren't too visible on everyone's jersey.

I'd be ok with that...maybe like how the Northwestern stripes (steelers) are done these days.

They would look better if the jersey wasn't as bright. It looks flourescent. Make it more of a flat orange, and they have a nice alternate look.

Why is the bottom sleeve stripe spaced farther apart from the other two?

I think you'll find on some players the bottom stripe is on the cuff instead of on the fabric part.

That's my guess.

I think pcqd has it right. As the pictures below show (sort of), many of the Bears jerseys have the top two stripes end when the sleeve hits the jersey, while the bottom top continues all the way around the cuff. Especially with the linemen, the bottom stripe almost looks like it is going in a different direction. The best example is probably the last one.

vasher_return.jpg

benson.jpg

edward_browns1.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived