ESPN: Nolan, Del Rio get OK to wear suits

Gothamite

Suits are for square's more coaches need to start wearing skin tight jeans like Bum Phillips used to.

img5882754.jpg

Now if more coaches dressed like Bethume-Cookman Head Football like Alvin Wyatt,but i doubt the Leauge will allow it.

20580802.jpg

I don't think the NFL will allow the Steve Harvey Look

2867664932.jpg

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks :censored:ing amazing. No, the NFL shouldn't mandate what the coaches on the sidelines wear...they're big boys, they can decide for themselves...but damn, that looks classy, and it makes no sense why he couldn't wear that before.

Face it, guys, there's just some times that you need to dress up. I'm all for comfortable clothes like everyone else, and I have my shaggy hair, t-shirts, and never wear pants...but when I'm at my teaching internship, I'm never in anything less than a dress shirt/pants/shoes and a tie if I have one that matches. It's not uncomfortable in the least, and I look fly as hell. :P

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Who looks like the command more respect?

1pl8.jpg

or

belichick_bill_vert.jpg

I'm not saying all NFL coaches should be forced to wear suites, but there should definitely be rules in place that keep a coach from dressing like a bum on game day.

It looks nice, but he needs a better tailor. A suit not cut right for the person wearing it makes said person look like a kid playing dress up.

But it's a start.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

untitled5mo.png

Hows that for commanding some respect.

1) Once again, people fail to grasp the purpose of these boards. If the Pats switched to a hideous uniform next year we would all criticize/call them out on it, regardless of how many titles they have won. It's the same principal here. I don't really care how many Super Bowls Belichick has won, I'm still going to call him out for looking like a homeless person on game day. The two issues are completely unrelated.

2) If Belichick dressed like he is in that picture more often, maybe he wouldn't be as criticized when it comes to his appearance.

There ought to be some kind of logo on the outside of the suit. It's stupid to make officially licensed material with no team brands or colors visible.

I don't get all excited about a guy wearing a suit, anyway. I can't believe how much people care about that crap. Either way, he looked OK in it, but it also looked out-of-place.

It's not the same jacket, either. The one Reebok is selling is solid on the inside, whereas Nolan's has a vertical striped pattern.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's about time this happened. I don't know about mandating suits, but a classy shirt and pants could suffice for the dress code. I can't stand the baggie hoodie look personally. There's no way in hell I'd respect a guy in a hoodie the way I'd respect a guy with a tie.

Good catch, but I'd give them a pass on the jaquard pattern, because the image is probably a photoshop of one jacket. Or it might be a prototype.

But the tie isn't even close. I like the tie that the NFL Shop is selling much better.

I'm going to disagree on that. It's not that I necessarily love the one Nolan wore so much, but I don't like the dashed line on the NFL Shop one.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived