2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Ha.

Anyway, what's the situation with the Wild Card? If the Mets win and the Brewers lose, the Mets win the Wild Card and if the Brewers win and the Mets lose, the Brewers win the Wild Card.

What if BOTH teams lose, as is the case right now?

If both teams either win or lose they play each other tomorrow night at Shea in game 163.

You have got to be kidding me. That is absolutely insane.

It's called sarcasm, as Howard as a legitimate shot at winning NL MVP.

Well if he really has a legitimate shot, that's insane. :P

Uh oh... 1 more out!

I personally wouldn't give Howard the MVP, nor do I think he'll win it, but to say that a player who leads his league in HR and RBI, and hits .345 w/ 11 HR in September for a division winner doesn't have a legitimate shot at the award is just stupid.

RBI's are based on how your teammates get on, you can't control that. You need to have a far more independent statistic to judge a hitter.

And no you do not have a legitimate shot when you have Albert Pujols to compete with. If I did a straight up comparison of Pujols and Howard this year, using true independent stats and such, you would likely cry. :P

Someone did this comparison, if you took Chipper from the first four months and combined him with Manny from the last 2, he still wouldn't have had as good a year as Pujols. THAT is scary. :D

Oh god, I almost died. I thought that was gone.

Does anyone know if Tank is at this game?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Way to go Brewers!!

This is unreal. I don't know what to expect now. This post season thing is so new to me (and the Brewers)

Resign yourself to a quick exit because Sabathia's arm is about to fall off?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ha.

Anyway, what's the situation with the Wild Card? If the Mets win and the Brewers lose, the Mets win the Wild Card and if the Brewers win and the Mets lose, the Brewers win the Wild Card.

What if BOTH teams lose, as is the case right now?

If both teams either win or lose they play each other tomorrow night at Shea in game 163.

You have got to be kidding me. That is absolutely insane.

It's called sarcasm, as Howard as a legitimate shot at winning NL MVP.

Well if he really has a legitimate shot, that's insane. :P

Uh oh... 1 more out!

I personally wouldn't give Howard the MVP, nor do I think he'll win it, but to say that a player who leads his league in HR and RBI, and hits .345 w/ 11 HR in September for a division winner doesn't have a legitimate shot at the award is just stupid.

RBI's are based on how your teammates get on, you can't control that. You need to have a far more independent statistic to judge a hitter.

And no you do not have a legitimate shot when you have Albert Pujols to compete with. If I did a straight up comparison of Pujols and Howard this year, using true independent stats and such, you would likely cry. :P

Someone did this comparison, if you took Chipper from the first four months and combined him with Manny from the last 2, he still wouldn't have had as good a year as Pujols. THAT is scary. :D

Oh god, I almost died. I thought that was gone.

Why would I cry? I wrote that I didn't think Howard deserved the MVP, though I would dispute your dismissal of RBI as a legit. statistic. Hitters are going to get their RBI regardless of their teams. If you put Howard (or any good power hitter) on just about any team, he'd have plenty of RBI - it's just that nobody batting after him would have any.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Did anyone watch the game on TV? Are Mets fans booing, littering the field with trash, and/or ripping up seats ala Cleveland before the Browns moved to Baltimore -- and is the cavalry led by a white sumo wrestler with a Super Mario mustache? :P

6uXNWAo.png

Did anyone watch the game on TV? Are Mets fans booing, littering the field with trash, and/or ripping up seats ala Cleveland before the Browns moved to Baltimore -- and is the cavalry led by a white sumo wrestler with a Super Mario mustache? :P

Woah, woah, woah... You mean Captain Lou Albano was at the Mets game today? Sweet. :P

Well, the Mets are done again. At least they went out fighting this year unlike last year's 7 ERA in the 1st inning. I guess even though it's dissapointing, where this team was before the All-Star break, I have to say it's much better finishing the season slightly missing the postseason rather than fighting it out for 3rd in the division. Hopefully this offseason we'll bolster up the bullpen and christen Citi Field the same way the Cards did with their new stadium a few years back. Oh, and keep Manuel on board. This team probably wouldn't even be in contention without him.

As for now, I still got my AL team in the playoffs. Go Sox!

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

How about a Minnesota-Milwaukee World Series?

How about not.

Anyone from the NL NOT named The Chicago Cubs vs Southsiders would own!

Fixed for the sake of the universe.

IDK, I crave Armageddon. An all Chicago World Series might bring it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Brew Crew should beat the Phillies. Unless Sabathia and Sheets just suck.

Obviously you haven't been following the last 2 weeks. Sheets is done for the year and Sabathia just pitched 4 times in 12 days, so he won't be available until game 2 or 3

Archived