Favourite mascot?

Magnus

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing is wrong with Cpt. Jolly Roger he is an actual pirate and the pens best mascot was their live mascot Pete the Penguin who skated on the ice between periods

I think cpt. Jolly Roger is a dumb name, and he just seems too gimmicky to me. I understand he is a mascot, but still. Pirates are not friendly, nor do they wear Disney cartoon gloves. It wouldnt be so bad if he was the second mascot. One mascot is enough, and id rather see the captain leave before the parrot. Are we that bad that we now need two mascots? Are even the kids that hard to entertain at games now? Because thats the image I think it puts out.

Good call on pete, though. Dunno how I forgot about him.

oBIgzrL.png

Im sure there will be an UGA VII maybe he can bite at opposing players too

It was UGA V who snapped at the Auburn player. It was made into a t-shirt which I have. UGA is the best "real" mascot since Mike Tiger is in a cage and Ralphie really could not be handled or touched by a kid and most of these are for the kids. Vince Dooley appreciated "Otto" who was the substitute mascot during the 1986 season when his brother, UGA IV, couldn't be on the sidelines: "I have always had a great affection for those who came off the bench and performed, and he did that and had a great time," Dooley said. All the dogs come from the same family.

For those in costumess, it has to be either Stomper (Oakland A's...Just youtube him), Sir Purr (gets penalties), or Sebastian the Ibis (generally gets in trouble while at the Sugar Bowl and makes the Soulja Boy dance popular )!

Nothing is wrong with Cpt. Jolly Roger he is an actual pirate and the pens best mascot was their live mascot Pete the Penguin who skated on the ice between periods

I think cpt. Jolly Roger is a dumb name, and he just seems too gimmicky to me. I understand he is a mascot, but still. Pirates are not friendly, nor do they wear Disney cartoon gloves. It wouldnt be so bad if he was the second mascot. One mascot is enough, and id rather see the captain leave before the parrot. Are we that bad that we now need two mascots? Are even the kids that hard to entertain at games now? Because thats the image I think it puts out.

Good call on pete, though. Dunno how I forgot about him.

Cpt. Jolly Roger was better than what I think the name that the fans picked out which was Jack Sparrow

• 10 months later...
So, who are your favourite mascots?

Mine are

Jason (of the Argonauts)

The Raptor (NBA)

Howler (Sudbury Wolves)

Yeah Howler all the way lol thanks for thinking that. I work hard every night and complements like this make it worth everything. Thanks

GO WOLVES GO

1515059647_04266e1b45_m.jpg

Game. Set. Match. Thread.

I completely agree 100%. I hate the Nats, but holy hell those mascots are amazing. Probably because I love history. Also, the mascots of Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, PA:

copy-of-dsc_0509.jpg

Yes, those are, from left to right, John Marshall and Benjamin Franklin.

Other old dude mascots that aren't so cool:

george_washington_university_mascot.jpg

deacon.jpg

vanderbilt-commodores-mascot.jpg

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

For sure Wild Wing. I remember meeting him when I was like 5 and that being the greatest thrill of my young life at the time.

Sad in some aspects, I know lol.

The Good:

DUCKSTAN.jpg

The Bad:

wildwing.jpg

The Cartoon (Cartoon name was Wildwing Flashblade voiced by Ian Zeiring):

Wildwing.jpg

The Statue:

394014368rdWCei_ph.jpg

And of course, the jersey:

p9f7x6g3amgmu0c6fhp1.gif

Honestly, what other mascots have inspired a cartoon show or an actual team jersey?

I think that's cool.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Top Five by League

MLB

1. Mr. Met

2. Fredbird

3. Billy Marlin

4. Phillie Phanatic

5. Lou Seal

NFL

1. T.D.

2. T-Rac

3. Sir Purr

4. Gumbo

5. Captain Fear

NHL

1. N.J. Devil

2. S.J. Sharkie

3. Iceburgh

4. Youppi!

5. Harvey the Hound

NBA

1. The Gorilla

2. Benny and DaBull

3. Rocky the Cougar

4. Sly

5. Bango

NCAA

1. Al E. Gator

2. Sebastian the Ibis

3. Big Red

4. Bevo

5. Uga

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Braves: Homer and Rally aren't good. Just ripoffs of Mr. Met and Wally the Green Monster.

Hawks: Harry is pretty good. Spirit is even cooler since he got loose during Game 2 of the first round.

Falcons: Freddie is alright. Nothing special.

Thrashers: Thrash is plain.

Atlanta has plain mascots. Nothing cool besides Spirit. UGA is the best in the state.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Only respectable mascot in Chicago: Benny the Bull and DaBull

I mean, come on, this is hilarious:

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived