MLB 2009

mania

I'm not sure how I'd feel about a "fiercer bird logo." First of all, for better or worse, actual orioles just aren't "fierce" birds. Secondly, this would represent at least the third tweak to the ornithologically correct/realistic bird.

Or just scrapping it altogether, which would be my preference.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A local Baltimore radio station claims the Orioles' home uniforms will also be tweaked and there wll be a new cap

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/20...alute-maryland/

The O?s will debut new uniforms and a new hat on November 12 and lo and behold, the team finally looks like they?re going to get it right.

The team?s new home jersey will be ?modernized? somewhat and the jersey will now sport a patch of the Maryland flag on the shoulder.

Of course, the BIG news is that the team - after 35 years of stupidity (some of what didn?t include the current ownership group) - is returning the word BALTIMORE to the front of the road jersey.

I've seen the new uniforms and I can confirm the above. But I'm really not impressed with the changes. They've added a whole bunch of unnecessary crap that doesn't belong, and the Baltimore script looks terrible, in my honest opinion. My only thumbs up goes to the new home BP uniforms.

I absolutely loved what they wore this year; it was simple, it was clean, and it looked great.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

A local Baltimore radio station claims the Orioles' home uniforms will also be tweaked and there wll be a new cap

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/20...alute-maryland/

The O?s will debut new uniforms and a new hat on November 12 and lo and behold, the team finally looks like they?re going to get it right.

The team?s new home jersey will be ?modernized? somewhat and the jersey will now sport a patch of the Maryland flag on the shoulder.

Of course, the BIG news is that the team - after 35 years of stupidity (some of what didn?t include the current ownership group) - is returning the word BALTIMORE to the front of the road jersey.

I've seen the new uniforms and I can confirm the above. But I'm really not impressed with the changes. They've added a whole bunch of unnecessary crap that doesn't belong, and the Baltimore script looks terrible, in my honest opinion. My only thumbs up goes to the new home BP uniforms.

I absolutely loved what they wore this year; it was simple, it was clean, and it looked great.

Oh, man! You CANNOT tease us like that!!! Give us something!!! Otherwise, I'll spend the next 14 days in fear of what the "unnecessary crap" might be.

And I also loved what they wore this year.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I thought that was silly when the Dodgers did it, and if they Rays do it then it's silly for them as well.

Best thing the Dodgers did in recent years was remove the unnecessary white from the roads. Wish the Yankees would do the same.

The problem I have with the Dodgers is that when they ditched the outline, they didn't switch to a thicker font, like what the Royals wear. So now the numbers and letters on the back look unusually skinny, especially when compared to the front number.

The Royals actually use a different font though. Theirs has serifs.

EDIT: apparently they don't anymore. Anyone know when they changed?

I believe they got rid of the serifs when they entered their teenage emo black phase, and the serifs just didn't come back once they grew out of it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Personally, I loved what they wore during Ripken's last years, and feel they've been slowly chipping away at them.

I miss the placket piping.

That was my favorite too, especially with the black script on the front and name and number on the back. Though, if they at least brought back the full piping even with the orange script and lettering, it'd be a great look, better what they have now.

Personally, I loved what they wore during Ripken's last years, and feel they've been slowly chipping away at them.

That was my favorite too, especially with the black script on the front and name and number on the back. Though, if they at least brought back the full piping even with the orange script and lettering, it'd be a great look, better what they have now.

No, no, no!!! The Orioles look much better with orange script and name/numbers on back. The black script made those uniforms look too dark and boring, IMHO. I also disliked the placket piping. The current (for now?) look is much cleaner.

The real irony about the uniforms you guys love is that they used the orange script, etc. on the road uniforms, while using the much heavier/somber looking black script on the home uniforms. At the least set before that had it reversed (orange script at home, black on the road).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Ever since the disappearance of the smilin' bird from the hat back in the Frank Robinson reign of terror, there's not been much for me to appreciate about the Orioles' look (no, not a big placket piping fan, and I prefer the Orioles script from the 80s instead) - so i'm eager to see the changes (however small they may be).

How was this one that I didn't remember? Saying the truth, maybe I saw that one but I didn't know what thing is a "placket" piping.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I've seen the new uniforms and I can confirm the above.

DORFTONE.

How was this one that I didn't remember? Saying the truth, maybe I saw that one but I didn't know what thing is a "placket" piping.

I know Swiss is a foreigner, but his English brings me endless joy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So, the Rays have a sunburst on their front, a devil ray on their sleeve, and stingrays in a tank beyond their outfield?

A sting ray touch tank? :D

It's probably just a Ray touch tank, I've been to one, they feel all smooth.

I heard them referred to as "cownose rays" during game one. So yeah, no chance of pulling a Steve Irwin there.

*Points to his avatar*

Welcome to DrunjFlix

No, no, no!!! The Orioles look much better with orange script and name/numbers on back. The black script made those uniforms look too dark and boring, IMHO. I also disliked the placket piping. The current (for now?) look is much cleaner.

The real irony about the uniforms you guys love is that they used the orange script, etc. on the road uniforms, while using the much heavier/somber looking black script on the home uniforms. At the least set before that had it reversed (orange script at home, black on the road).

IDK, I actually have to agree with those who point to the Ripken final years unis as being better than the current ones. I've never liked the orange "Orioles" script on the current home jerseys. I think they are one of the few teams, along with the Marlins who can pull off black script/wordmark with a highlight color around it. I hope they revisit that look...though I'm not holding my breath.

Could we also see the return of the black, white, and orange hats of the 80's????? I would love to see those again...sans goofy bird though. I didn't like that gimmicky cartoon mess.

Ironic?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. :D

I'd be fine with the orange script if they brought back the piping. Either bring it back or scrap the sleeve piping - don't like it when teams just use one or the other.

Archived