CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Ohio state "division championship" ring even though they were banned from all post season games

42B10620-A4EA-4B06-AB87-48A4AEE64396-853-00000081EFE36006_zpsbc6d59e2.jpg

And this, boys and girls, is one of the reasons why the nation despises The Ohio State University.

They went undefeated. (And if they were eligible, they probably win the Big 10 or more)

I think that's something worth celebrating. (Especially when you consider what qualifies for a ring in college football)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

A quick search on Instagram and I found a bunch of rings

Central Arkansas Southland Champs

image_10.jpeg

Northern Illinois MAC Champ and Orange Bowl

image_9.jpeg

Arkansas State Sun Belt

image_8.jpeg

Rutgers Big East Champs

image_7.jpeg

Utah State WAC Champs

image_5.jpeg

Fresno State Mountain West Champs

image_4.jpeg

Boise State Mountain West Champs

image_3.jpeg

South Carolina Outback Bowl Champs

image_1.jpeg

Ferrum College (D3) USA South Champs

image_2.jpeg

Maryville College (D3, My Alma Mater) USA South Champs

photo1-3.jpg

Ohio state "division championship" ring even though they were banned from all post season games

And this, boys and girls, is one of the reasons why the nation despises The Ohio State University.

Technically, if the entire nation "despises" us, that would mean that the Buckeyes have no American fans. Judging by the fact that we pack every place we play, I'm guessing at least a few (million) people in the nation don't despise us. Sounds to me like you're just jealous that you couldn't get accepted to THE Ohio State University. Now that we've settled that, I think I'll put on my Ohio State class ring, stare at my diplomas, and be arrogant for a while. B)

Seriously though, I'm not sure how I feel about that ring. Part of me thinks it's OK that they had it made, but a bigger part of me thinks that it's kind of stupid. In either case, it's ugly as :censored:.

BB52Big.jpg

I would actually be embarrassed to have a ring like this. A ring that actually defines you're undefeated, then you tell your kids and/or grand kids that being undefeated didn't count for anything, in the most serious and unfortunate reason (bowl bans rather than simply being out-polled by other undefeated teams). I don't know if this ring screams "desperation" more than "arrogance," but I think that's the case.

I would actually be embarrassed to have a ring like this. A ring that actually defines you're undefeated, then you tell your kids and/or grand kids that being undefeated didn't count for anything, in the most serious and unfortunate reason (bowl bans rather than simply being out-polled by other undefeated teams). I don't know if this ring screams "desperation" more than "arrogance," but I think that's the case.

They're champions. The NCAA has been so arbitrary that teams that have had recruiting violations skate by while the bigger schools get targeted for smaller infractions. I think the team did great and needs rewarded for a great season. Penn State's kids too!

Ohio State went undefeated and won their division, I don't see why they shouldn't get rings for that. I mean .500 teams get rings for losing bowl games, it's really not bad that tOSU is getting rings for their undefeated season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Northern Illinois gets an Orange Bowl ring even though they got spanked in it? Seems kinda lame. That's like a participation trophy. They should have gotten a MAC champs ring and that's it.

I think getting rings for making the bowl game is pretty standard practice. And I agree that it's pretty lame.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Northern Illinois gets an Orange Bowl ring even though they got spanked in it? Seems kinda lame. That's like a participation trophy. They should have gotten a MAC champs ring and that's it.

I think getting rings for making the bowl game is pretty standard practice. And I agree that it's pretty lame.

I am generally OK with it. But i don't think teams should get multiple rings unless they win the conference and a bowl (or Nat'l title).

I think the solution for NIU would be "MAC Champs" and it could say "Orange Bowl" on the side. It's prestigious for those players to go to that game, even if they were trounced.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am generally OK with it. But i don't think teams should get multiple rings unless they win the conference and a bowl (or Nat'l title).

I think the solution for NIU would be "MAC Champs" and it could say "Orange Bowl" on the side. It's prestigious for those players to go to that game, even if they were trounced.

I believe these were their MAC Champs ring because it says that on the side. I think they choose to put the Orange Bowl logo on top to recognize the achievement of going to the game from a mid-major conference

Giants 2012 World Series ring

529521_10151356821491828_227473157_n.jpg

I like that one better than thier last one.

I think that pic is black and white. The actual rings look like they have gold in them. That said, the 2010 rings are my favorites.

DC6281D9-BB29-4086-B41F-8E371CB5F94F-8738-000007A8674B1140_zps833f2da4.jpg

Perfect example of how a little bit of color, with the perfect placement takes a totally bland design and makes it classy and downright perfect.

The Tigers' ring is on point while the Giants' ring seems like its missing something. Both have eye pleasing designs, but only the Tigers' ring feels complete to me. Sad because their ring is only for an AL Championship and not the whole shabang.

I believe these were their MAC Champs ring because it Wand that on the side. I think they choose to put the Orange Bowl logo on top to recognize the achievement of going to the game from a mid-major conference

I think it's both. Mid Majors don't spend on things like that because it takes money away from other areas.