Indiana State

Iowa

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Northwestern

Purdue

Wisconsin

All you did was take their current alignment and add Mizzou and Indiana State...teams in the SEC at this point STAY in the SEC, and I don't know if the Sycamores want to go FBS in the near future.

• Like 2

bYhYmxh.png

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 9:29 AM, Coltfan said:

Here is what the Big Ten Conference would look like for the future

East

Indiana

Maryland

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Penn State

Rutgers

West

Illinois

Indiana State

Iowa

Minnesota

Missouri

Nebraska

Northwestern

Purdue

Wisconsin

Why would Indiana State want to move up from FCS? I would think that they would want a team from the MAC if they ever expand again.

Based on his posts, I'm pretty sure Coltfan is like 10 and his suggestions should be placed in that context.

• Like 10
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

10 hours ago, rams80 said:

Based on his posts, I'm pretty sure Coltfan is like 10 and his suggestions should be placed in that context.

His suggestion of Indiana State, the school of Larry Bird, to the Big Ten, a P5 conference makes no sense.  If the Big Ten was to expand, it would be from the MAC.  My guess is that he is an alumni of Indiana State or is related to alumni of Indiana State. 

• Like 1

The B1G isn't pulling anybody from the MAC either.  Its another P5 league or nothing.

• Like 3
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He might just not catch that Purdue is what would be called "Indiana State" or "Indiana Tech" were it not named for its benefactor. The actual Indiana State is more like Northern Illinois.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/25/2020 at 11:10 AM, RyanMcD29 said:

In actual realignment things to watch, keep an eye out on this Boise State-Mountain West lawsuit with the new TV contract the conference has. That might be a domino to fall in the near future

That is something to look at, but if I remember correctly... Boise can't jump ship until 2026. This could end up bad on their end if they try anything.

12 hours ago, the admiral said:

He might just not catch that Purdue is what would be called "Indiana State" or "Indiana Tech" were it not named for its benefactor. The actual Indiana State is more like Northern Illinois.

It's fun that Larry Bird, one of the most important basketball players in history went to Indiana State. It's kind of like how Scottie Pippen went to Central Arkansas who were either D2 or NAIA at the time and he's the best player the state's produced.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, Seadragon76 said:

That is something to look at, but if I remember correctly... Boise can't jump ship until 2026. This could end up bad on their end if they try anything.

I’ve said that BYU & Boise would jump to the PAC, helps there new tv deal and maybe have a real network like the SEC, ACC and B1G have, right now there’s is mostly regional. I think teaming up with ESPN or getting more FOX help would be good. And if they wanna go to 16 I’ve said SD St and prob UNLV. This might be the opening the Dakota’s need to go FBS (via the MW) if they want to. That is if they upgrade there facilities

Just now, lilben777 said:

I’ve said that BYU & Boise would jump to the PAC, helps there new tv deal and maybe have a real network like the SEC, ACC and B1G have, right now there’s is mostly regional. I think teaming up with ESPN or getting more FOX help would be good. And if they wanna go to 16 I’ve said SD St and prob UNLV. This might be the opening the Dakota’s need to go FBS (via the MW) if they want to. 

1. Being a strict religious school (though not nearly as strict as Liberty) that's "behind the times" on social issues is what's keeping the bigger conferences from inviting BYU.

2. Boise State could work, if they can get past the academic hurdle.

3. SD State's not going anywhere until their new football stadium plan is a done deal.

4. UNLV looks like the strongest candidate, with Allegiant Stadium hosting both Rebels football and the Pac-12 Championship Game (in addition to being the Raiders' new stadium).

bYhYmxh.png

Theology per se is less the hangup with BYU than the prohibition on Sunday competitions, especially given that Sunday is typically a heavy day for Pac 12 sports.

• Like 1
Today, we are all otaku.

30 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

1. Being a strict religious school (though not nearly as strict as Liberty) that's "behind the times" on social issues is what's keeping the bigger conferences from inviting BYU.

2. Boise State could work, if they can get past the academic hurdle.

3. SD State's not going anywhere until their new football stadium plan is a done deal.

4. UNLV looks like the strongest candidate, with Allegiant Stadium hosting both Rebels football and the Pac-12 Championship Game (in addition to being the Raiders' new stadium).

Pretty much, as I read that they recently had their first ever Black starting QB. 

Unlike BYU, Liberty has shown a willingness to play on Sundays, I that matters that much in the grand scheme of things.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:21 AM, GDAWG said:

His suggestion of Indiana State, the school of Larry Bird, to the Big Ten, a P5 conference makes no sense.  If the Big Ten was to expand, it would be from the MAC.  My guess is that he is an alumni of Indiana State or is related to alumni of Indiana State. 

As a Missouri State fan, I find it laughable that anybody would suggest ANY MVFC team to the Big Ten (NDSU and SDSU are the only teams that really could even justify FBS right now based off football success, and they wouldn't be going to the Big Ten that's for sure), but INDIANA STATE? You're talking about a state school with an enrollment just north of 12k. Excluding the one private school, the smallest state school in the B1G is Iowa with 33k+ students (and Northwestern is a private school with 20k+ at that). If any school in the MVFC would have a chance in hell of ever making it to any P5 conference within the next 50 years it would be Illinois State or Missouri State... and that ain't happening 'neither. If an FBS move ever happens for them it'd have to be something like the MAC or Sun Belt.

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

On 1/26/2020 at 12:21 PM, GDAWG said:

There's just one MAC school who is even close to qualify academically: The University at Buffalo.

They are an AAU member (like 13 of B1G's 14 members), award terminal degrees in both medicine and law, and garner research dollars with a R1 Carnegie classification, but they ain't getting in.

With the population shifts, many of the MAC have declining enrollment due to the declining in state populations.  NIU has a 20% lower enrollment since 2013 and 6,000 less from 2009 and nearly every Ohio school is in the same boat with Akron who cut 80 degree programs (18%) and offered buyout to half of the faculty last year.

12 hours ago, Maroon said:

As a Missouri State fan, I find it laughable that anybody would suggest ANY MVFC team to the Big Ten (NDSU and SDSU are the only teams that really could even justify FBS right now based off football success, and they wouldn't be going to the Big Ten that's for sure), but INDIANA STATE? You're talking about a state school with an enrollment just north of 12k. Excluding the one private school, the smallest state school in the B1G is Iowa with 33k+ students (and Northwestern is a private school with 20k+ at that). If any school in the MVFC would have a chance in hell of ever making it to any P5 conference within the next 50 years it would be Illinois State or Missouri State... and that ain't happening 'neither. If an FBS move ever happens for them it'd have to be something like the MAC or Sun Belt.

No need for a third Indiana school not named Notre Dame and for they're tied to the ACC contractually for years.

Edited by dfwabel
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 12:02 PM, lilben777 said:

I’ve said that BYU & Boise would jump to the PAC, helps there new tv deal and maybe have a real network like the SEC, ACC and B1G have, right now there’s is mostly regional. I think teaming up with ESPN or getting more FOX help would be good. And if they wanna go to 16 I’ve said SD St and prob UNLV. This might be the opening the Dakota’s need to go FBS (via the MW) if they want to. That is if they upgrade there facilities

Last week, BYU signed a new agreement with ESPN to have their home games there through the 2026 season.  It also provides them with access to ESPN owned bowl games in the even years, as in the odd years, they will play in the Independence Bowl, if eligible.