I've quite a perfect radius, diameter, circumference

I know all of my members whether Catholic or secular

I'll name them alphabetically in manners most spectacular:

Cincinnati sounds deceptively Mediterranean

In Hartford there plays UConn and likewise they're not Canadian

DePaul is nominally part but cannot ever win a game

In Washington is Georgetown where Pat Ewing is their claim to fame

Use three beats to say "Louisville" or else the rhythm goes to hell

And there's Marquette who still don't know just what they want to call themselves

Though Notre Dame's athletics still just are not what they used to be

At least they're not in Pittsburgh where Dave Wannstedt runs the football team

In Providence, Rhode Island they do not produce too many pros

At Rutgers they are known for having several nappy-headed hos

St. John's once had some crazy-looking sublimated uniforms

And Seton Hall is where the Pirates come at you in waves and swarms

South Florida's in Tampa which is really not that south at all

At Syracuse the roof inflates like a balloon or basketball

Then take the Main Line out to Villanova, hope the ride's not long

Then go to West Virginia while your toothless sister sucks your dong

So there you have a round sixteen but TCU just spoiled that

They're all the way in Texas, and they surely wear retarded hats

But rednecks they may be our fair Big East is full of tolerance,

That's why we are the model of a modern major conference.

postofday.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I am the very model of a modern major conference

I've quite a perfect radius, diameter, circumference

I know all of my members whether Catholic or secular

I'll name them alphabetically in manners most spectacular:

Cincinnati sounds deceptively Mediterranean

In Hartford there plays UConn and likewise they're not Canadian

DePaul is nominally part but cannot ever win a game

In Washington is Georgetown where Pat Ewing is their claim to fame

Use three beats to say "Louisville" or else the rhythm goes to hell

And there's Marquette who still don't know just what they want to call themselves

Though Notre Dame's athletics still just are not what they used to be

At least they're not in Pittsburgh where Dave Wannstedt runs the football team

In Providence, Rhode Island they do not produce too many pros

At Rutgers they are known for having several nappy-headed hos

St. John's once had some crazy-looking sublimated uniforms

And Seton Hall is where the Pirates come at you in waves and swarms

South Florida's in Tampa which is really not that south at all

At Syracuse the roof inflates like a balloon or basketball

Then take the Main Line out to Villanova, hope the ride's not long

Then go to West Virginia while your toothless sister sucks your dong

So there you have a round sixteen but TCU just spoiled that

They're all the way in Texas, and they surely wear retarded hats

But rednecks they may be our fair Big East is full of tolerance,

That's why we are the model of a modern major conference.

:notworthy: I think I just pissed myself laughing!

Signature intentionally left blank

I'm a visual learner, so here's a quick representation of everything that's transpired so far.

When a team has moved, they are grayed out in their old conference and appear with their color in the new conference.

To my knowledge, Hawaii and TCU have not finalized their moves, but are expected to soon.

realign.png

As an FYI, you forgot Buffalo in the MAC but otherwise it looks right.

Not to mention the additions of Texas State-San Marcos and Texas-San Antonio to the WAC (Provided there is a WAC left after the MWC raids it to oblivion).

As well as South Alabama who will join the Sun Belt for football in 2013

Signature intentionally left blank

I'm a visual learner, so here's a quick representation of everything that's transpired so far.

When a team has moved, they are grayed out in their old conference and appear with their color in the new conference.

To my knowledge, Hawaii and TCU have not finalized their moves, but are expected to soon.

realign.png

Not to mention the additions of Texas State-San Marcos and Texas-San Antonio to the WAC (Provided there is a WAC left after the MWC raids it to oblivion).

Isn't villanova joining the big east?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

realign.png

Isn't villanova joining the big east?

Villanova is already a member of The Big East, however the school has not made their decision to move from FCS to FBS. Their Trustees meet in December, but they are not scheduled to vote on it then and will wait for 2012.

Montana was invited to the WAC and declined

And before any Boise fan comes in here complaining, get better academically and then maybe you can talk with the Pac 10.

Oh no, not this condescending bullcrap.

hey it's tough to learn and read gooder like the kids at Arizona and Washington State :grin:

Haha I've just got the UofA sig this week to piss of Gary. :) lol

6fQjS3M.png

Montana was invited to the WAC and declined

And before any Boise fan comes in here complaining, get better academically and then maybe you can talk with the Pac 10.

Oh no, not this condescending bullcrap.

hey it's tough to learn and read gooder like the kids at Arizona and Washington State :grin:

Haha I've just got the UofA sig this week to piss of Gary. :) lol

Nah, you won't piss me off, I was more intrigued. I was thinking, I didn't know he was an Arizona fan

The MAC? Big East would be the better option.

No way. They do not have the ability to maintain budgets big enough in the major sports to compete at that level. The average MAC school has a football budget of about $6.5MM (UMass currently is at $4.6MM). Meanwhile, with TCU going to the Big East comes in with a football budget of $20MM, which is the 12th largest in FBS football.

Why doesn't TCU join the Big 12?

Because the Big 12 Texas doesn't want to add another mouth to feed in the twilight of the Conference's existence.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why doesn't TCU join the Big 12?

Because the Big 12 Texas doesn't want to add another mouth to feed in the twilight of the Conference's existence.

Also add to the issue this summer when it appeared that the Big XII would implode for good, TCU did not want Baylor to join the Mountain West.

Adding TCU would "split the pie" on their mythical new TV contract by another piece, plus TCU would be actively recruiting against all of them for talent. TCU's football budget is 12th biggest in the FBS. They have already lost the requirement for a title game, so that revenue is lost, so it will be nice to see what the conference really signs for and for how long. It may not be past 2015 or 2016, otherwise those schools will still be able to be gobbled up.

I had also thought the rumor was that the Big XII didnt want any more Texas teams either...

They did not want anyone. Under this alleged new TV contract aTm, UT and OU reportedly will receive the high end, about $20 million annually, while the others will receive between $14 million and $17 million.

TCU received $1.5MM while in the MWC and will receive at least $3.5MM in The Big East.

Good luck Boise as you now go into the MWC who has to renegotiation their current contracts since UTah, BYU leave now and TCU (#5 national market) leaves in a year.

Since this is what kicked off the entire imbroglio...

The Big Ten considers itself satiated for the moment.

Note that "moment" means "until Notre Dame decides they want in, or the Big XII and/or Big East collapses". Then they will be open to survivors.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)