College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

I haven't gotten to pay attention to SMU this year, but do they happen to wear black jerseys at all during the season? Because today versus Army, they have black tops on with red stripes. It's ok but I would definetly rather see the red jerseys for sure. And sorry for the quality, it's the best I have right now.

Unless there is some legitimate reason for black jerseys, those look awful. Talk about BFBS.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the start of the game the announcers said that SMU is wearing black to honor Army and all members of the military.

Why couldn't they do that wearing red, white, and blue?

I thought the same thing when it was said.

I call BS, Really SMU? Why can't we let the Military Academy programs just be football players just for a few hours a day during their seasons. <_<

At the start of the game the announcers said that SMU is wearing black to honor Army and all members of the military.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

I don't know how much BS it really is considering SMU has worn a 9-11 sticker on the helmet and June Jones has worn it on his headset during the regular season. Also, June Jones always schedules an armed forces team during the regular season.

Boy, those SMU black jerseys are ugly and pointless. It looks like they are wearing their regular red, white, and blue pants and helmets too which just makes it even worse. If there was black somewhere else on the uniform it would at least match, it would still be pointless though. Wow, Black for Black's Sake for sure.

SMUblack2.jpg

SMUblack1.jpg

I don't know how much BS it really is considering SMU has worn a 9-11 sticker on the helmet and June Jones has worn it on his headset during the regular season. Also, June Jones always schedules an armed forces team during the regular season.

great, that was ALL season long. I think that's a GREAT gesture. Did they wear black unis at all during the year? Or do all their fans have the red, white and blue tops already? If they aren't selling those bowl tops I'll eat my hat.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Watching the "Pony Excess" 30 for 30 made me think how much better SMU looks with blue jerseys. I somewhat think these black jerseys look better than their regular red jerseys, but that just might be me. I don't like when red and blue teams use Red as the dominant color. I have no idea why.

I really like their helmets though. The running horse silhouette is a really good logo for a helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I call BS, Really SMU? Why can't we let the Military Academy programs just be football players just for a few hours a day during their seasons. <_<

For those who have not followed June Jones throughout his coaching career, illwauk hit on it--this is BFBS of the HIGHEST order...and Jones and Jerry Glanville are the biggest and most consistent offenders of this.

Jones can say whatever he wants--hell, even for this game, the cover might have been legitimate--but what you saw today was Jones officially putting his stamp on SMU, by pulling his favorite lil' trick just in time for the whole nation to notice. Recall he and Jerry Glanville did this while with the Atlanta Falcons; both went on to do the same thing in college--Glanville at Portland State, and Jones at Hawaii.

As a matter of fact, unbeknownst to many, Jones actually helped spearhead Hawaii's athletic rebranding, being of the belief that both the nickname "Rainbow Warriors" as well as the rainbow-esque trim on the uniforms looked "wussy". If you can recall Hawaii's worst-to-first turnaround season of 1999, the football team wore (what were supposed to be) throwback uniforms and helmets, to commemorate (I believe it was the) 1974 or 1977 season, or somewhere in there. Anyway, the Rainbows wore white helmets that season. What'd they wear in 1999? Black helmets. The years following saw more and more black introduced into the football team's (and the rest of the athletic teams') identity.

So yeah--June Jones has a track record for this kind of stuff.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is it my TV or are Tennessee's tops a very different shade than the helmets and pant stripes? Has it always been this way and I had never noticed it?

Edit: In fact I have seen about 5 different shades of orange since first tuning in.

its been this way...and its why I continue to claim Tennesee has the worst uniforms in the SEC. the jerseys are almost yellow while the helmet stripes flirt with red

Looks to me as though TCU will for sure be wearing purple in the Rose Bowl. It would seem pointless to sew patches on a jersey they wouldn't wear in the game

168182_10150109390122189_46807832188_7597843_3315141_n.jpg

165524_10150109390277189_46807832188_7597849_3798858_n.jpg

Nike unveiled special uniforms for TCU to use for the Rose Bowl. Not sure why they are shown in those pics with purple jerseys and helmets, when they are wearing these:

1215tcu.jpg

Looks to me as though TCU will for sure be wearing purple in the Rose Bowl. It would seem pointless to sew patches on a jersey they wouldn't wear in the game

168182_10150109390122189_46807832188_7597843_3315141_n.jpg

165524_10150109390277189_46807832188_7597849_3798858_n.jpg

Nike unveiled special uniforms for TCU to use for the Rose Bowl. Not sure why they are shown in those pics with purple jerseys and helmets, when they are wearing these:

1215tcu.jpg

Those socks look completely terrible and out of place.

Love the reptile skin pants. One of the best new pant styles I've seen in a long while.

@vmd9: There's been a rumor that TCU has decided to not wear the new Pro Combats and don their usual purple for the Rose Bowl. These pics seem to validate the rumor. Though I wonder about that helmet...

Plus, like the above poster said, why would they sew the Rose Bowl patch on the purple jersey & take official photos with the purple jersey only to say "Sike, we're wearing the Pro Combats?" All signs are pointing towards TCU telling Nike 'Thanks, but no thanks' & going with the purple jersey.

Kinda weird that they'd switch, but whatever. I like the purple better, anyways.

Is it my TV or are Tennessee's tops a very different shade than the helmets and pant stripes? Has it always been this way and I had never noticed it?

Edit: In fact I have seen about 5 different shades of orange since first tuning in.

i think they're still working on the shade of orange on the new adidas techfit uniforms. but to me the uniform is closer to the right orange than the helmets. maybe they'll change both of them.

Archived