Changes coming to Washington Wizards?

gueman

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually surprised this thread got to ten pages before someone made mention of a former grand wizard serving in the federal government.

That having been said, I really have no issue with the Wizards keeping, well, "Wizards". As BBTV previously mentioned, alliteration sometimes does count for something.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Byrd was a Kleagle and a Cyclops. I don't think he was ever a Wizard.

But back on topic, Washington should stay with Wizards but go back to Red White and Blue.

Awesome, more retro! It's not like the Capitals and Nationals already have those colors...

mav23.gif

If they go with something political like Presidents, then whenever Manute Bol (who they will certainly re-sign) blocks a shot, the crowd could yell "VETO!" Then, if the rebound gets scouped up by the shooting team and they get the basket anyway, their announcers could say "overridden!".

yeah I don't think that's gonna' be happening anytime soon!

If they go with something political like Presidents, then whenever Manute Bol (who they will certainly re-sign) blocks a shot, the crowd could yell "VETO!" Then, if the rebound gets scouped up by the shooting team and they get the basket anyway, their announcers could say "overridden!".

Manute Bol never dies... only the actors who play him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ted says he can't comment to anymore emails about the colors or names anymore.

Means NBA Properties has gotten to him and told him to keep quiet and it is a sign that the process has begun for new colors and a new name or rename(Bullets).

It means you annoyed him and he wants you to stop e-mailing him.

Means NBA Properties has gotten to him and told him to keep quiet and it is a sign that the process has begun for new colors and a new name or rename(Bullets).

It means you annoyed him and he wants you to stop e-mailing him.

No, if he does that he starts to sic season ticket reps on you

(trust me, I know)

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Hopefully what Uncle Ted will do what he did for the Caps what he will do for whatever the team may be called. I never had a huge problem with the Wizards name, The logo is a different story IMO. Maybe it could be a logo that doesn't look awful, or a name change, either way something will change, just what is the question.

baltimoreravens.png

Anyone have Gheorghe Muresan's number?

87Redskins.png

Anyone have Gheorghe Muresan's number?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

What the heck is a "continental"? These team names that aren't really anything are pretty dumb if you ask me (which nobody did.) I feel the same way about team names like Seventy Sixers. Nobody has ever said "oh, that George Washington was a fine seventy sixer".

http://en.wikipedia....ontinental_Army

http://en.wikipedia....nental_Congress

http://en.wikipedia....nental_currency

The name has meaning within the patriotic American lexicon.

Yes, but not in the real world. It's 2010, not 1790.

when's the last time you saw a Cavalier walk down the street?

They can't go back to Bullets. They changed the name almost 15 years ago because of DC's crime. Since then, they've not only had the DC Sniper, but Arenas had that possession fiasco last year too. Consider "Bullets" gone forever.

ujsignature.png

Anyone else notice that prior to the Caps rebranding, their colors were strikingly similar to the current Wizards. And what did the Caps rebrand to? A slightly tweaked version of the original logo, with the original colors. Unless the new management faces some opposition from anti-gun advocates, I'd bet we'll see a tweaked version of the old Bullets logo, complete with a name change, and a return to red, white, and blue.

WashBullets90s.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived