CCSLC 2010 NCAA Power Rankings

Gary

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh... *Facepalm* Is there any way to help the poor kid here... You know, outside of throwing his sorry rear to the wolves?

Anyway, on topic here: I'll wait until after tonight's Boise State-Virginia Tech game to give out my Top 10.

Now that Boise State won, I think it's time for Seadragon's first Top Ten of the 2010 season.

10. Jacksonville State and North Dakota State (The 10 spot is my 'Honorary' spot for teams who do what many see as impossible. Both the Gamecocks and Bison pull off the first upsets of the season for the 1-AA ranks this season. The way these teams did it were just as different: NDSU used a suffocating defense to spoil Turner Gill's debut at Kansas while JSU came back from 21 down at Ole Miss to force OT and then going for two to win in Double OT. Congrats to these little guys.. They make college football so much fun)

9. Nebraska (Nice start for the Cornhuskers, but it was against what many think is the worst team in 1-A in Western Kentucky. Idaho may provide a smaller challenge for the Huskers, but their first test is in two weeks when they go to Seattle)

8. Oregon (72 points, even on a craptastic New Mexico team, is an amazing feat. It also shows that they sure as hell don't miss Jeremiah Mesoli's sorry rear [it got even better when Ole Miss lost]. Now comes a trip to Tennessee for the Ducks. Can they keep the momentum going?)

7. Florida (Talk about growing pains. That Florida offense was god awful for 3/4'ths of the game against Miami of Ohio. They better get their act together fast because South Florida is more then capable of pulling off the upset)

6. Oklahoma (Boy, did the Sooners walk on a thin line against Utah State. Those kind of showings aren't going to get you far against someone like Florida State)

5. Texas (The only team that went on the road [OK, it was at Reliant Stadium, but Rice was the home team] and the only team who lost their QB to actually do very well in their opener and they avoid the potential trap game with a somber Wyoming team coming in to Austin this week)

4. TCU (The first half of the dreaded BCS Buster Bros. made a big statement with a win over Oregon State at Cowboys Stadium. Unlike Boise, though, TCU does have a tough conference road to come... Remember, Utah beat Pittsburgh and BYU edged out Washington this past weekend, so there is potential for yet another round robin from hell for TCU)

3. Boise State (OK, the first step and the first test has been passed. It was close, but the Broncos live to play another day as the other half of the dreaded BCS Buster Bros. The next test comes in three weeks... after that? Well, only time can tell for the Broncos)

2. Ohio State (Yawn. Easy win for the Buckeyes... Good tune up for Miami of Florida)

1. Alabama (Take what I said about Ohio State and replace the Buckeyes with the Crimson Tide and replace Miami of Florida with Penn State)

CCSLC NCAA WEEK 1 RANKINGS

1. Alabama (5)

2. Ohio State (1)

3. Texas

4. Boise State

5. Oregon

6. Virginia Tech

7. Florida

8. Oklahoma (1)

9. Nebraska

10. Texas Christian

Others receiving votes: Miami (FL) 11, Wisconsin 10, North Carolina 5, Iowa 2, Georgia Tech 2, Oregon State 1

Sorry for this being late, but post your updated Week 2 rankings!

6fQjS3M.png

1. Alabama

LW --

2. Oregon

LW 4

3. Texas Christian

LW 9

4. Texas

LW 2

5. Boise State

LW 3

6. Ohio State

LW 7

7. Florida

LW 6

8. Oklahoma

LW NR

9. Nebraska

LW 8

10 Virginia Tech

LW 5

Dropped Out of Rankings: Wisconsin

Now that Week 1 has been played, I'm willing to start ranking:

-∞: Ole Miss

10. Miami (FL)

9. Georgia Tech

8. Wisconsin

7. Virginia Tech

6. Texas

5. Ohio State

4. Oregon

3. TCU

2. Alabama

1. Boise State (total homer pick but they got a signature win last night!)

I'm trying to say this in the nicest way possible, but dude, you are crazy as hell. :P

Signature win, my ass. VA Tech is going to have 4 losses this year.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1. Alabama

2. Ohio State

3. TCU

4. Oregon

5. Boise State

6. Miami (FL)

7. Texas

8. Nebraska

9. Florida

10. South Carolina

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Week 2 N.E. Top 10 (LW)

1. Alabama Crimson Tide (1)

2. Boise State Broncos (2)

3. Ohio State Buckeyes (3)

4. Texas Longhorns (4)

5. Oregon Ducks (6)

6. TCU Horned Frogs (7)

7. Nebraska Cornhuskers (8)

8. Iowa Hawkeyes (9)

9. Florida Gators (10)

10. Miami Hurricanes (NR)

NEW.ERA's Game to Watch of teams outside my Top 10.

Florida State @ Oklahoma

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

NEW.ERA's Game to Watch of teams outside my Top 10.

Florida State @ Oklahoma

Oh yeah--I'll be watching that one myself.

By the way, if you're reading this BlueSky...it's ON!!! :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here we go once again... for it's time for Seadragon's Top Ten.

10. South Dakota (In the honorary 10 spot are the Coyotes of South Dakota. Now, some may wonder why USD and not James Madison. Well, JMU is an established member of the FCS and have a national title under their belt. Not to mention they play in the Colonial, which is the FCS equivalent to the SEC. South Dakota is still in transition and will be until 2012 and playing in a conference that is starting to crumble thanks to the move of UC Davis and Cal Poly to the Big Sky. Going into Minnesota and beating the Gophers is a massive confidence booster for a program that is on the move. Congrats Coyotes! Enjoy the time in the lime light)

9. Michigan (It's very fair to say that Denard Robinson might be the best player in the nation. 502 total yards at Notre Dame... That's massively impressive. It gets very easy coming up with UMass, Bowling Green and Indiana coming up. 5-0 for Michigan? It's easily reachable)

8. South Carolina (Marcus Lattimore is easily the best freshman playing right now, bar none. The man is a beast at running back... Hell, I think it's good to say he carried the Gamecocks to victory over Georgia. Can they win the SEC East? Probably not, but it's good to say they'll be up there)

7. Florida (It took a half, but Florida finally woke up after a dismal opener against Miami of Ohio and a dismal half against South Florida. They better not be napping next week unless they want to get Orange Crushed.)

6. Iowa (Two games. Two wins. Both times the Hawkeyes drop 30+ points on their foes. They will be challenged next week with a trip to Arizona)

5. Oklahoma (This is the Sooner team I was expecting last week... Why show up now and beat the living hell out of Florida State? OK... Beating the Seminoles senseless is a good thing. I want to see if the Sooners can keep this momentum going or revert back to the haphazard showing they had in Week 1 against a gutsy Air Force team)

4. Boise State (How do you look bad when you don't play? By seeing the team you beat on Labor Day, the win you were going to hang your hat on, falter against James Madison. There has to be some nutcase Boise fans out there that think this is all part of the BCS' scheme to prevent Boise from reaching the title game, but no... Boise better be ready though. Wyoming isn't as easy as many think... Ask Texas)

3. [TIE] TCU and Oregon (Both teams are, in my honest opinion, good enough to be third best in that nation. Hell, they are equally good. TCU took care of business against FCS Tennessee Tech while Oregon struggled early against Tennessee, but pulled away. You can only imagine if these two met in a BCS bowl game... Say the Fiesta Bowl?)

2. Ohio State (Outside of the kickoff and punt return issues, the Buckeyes showed the nation that they are a damn good team. These next two games are, at this point, prep work for the upcoming Big Ten schedule)

1. Alabama (The Crimson Machine is still in tip-top shape. There is nothing that is standing in their way at this point... Now, their first road game and the Tide have to be licking their chops. Why? Duke gave up 54 points to Wake Forest yesterday. Expect ugly, ugly things to happen in Durham next week)

Archived