Unpopular Opinions

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

Greatest Hawks uniform of all time. I don't understand why anyone would want to bring back the McDonalds color scheme or the outdated Dominique era jerseys (Face it the tilted numbers/team name sucks.

I agree that I don't like the McDonald's color scheme, but I think those Hawks unis are still not as good as these ones:

HWK_Classic_Pettit_9.jpg

I'm not a fan of the font. And this just goes to show that the rwb color scheme was used before, I'm guessing that's not when they were based in Atlanta though right?

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

Greatest Hawks uniform of all time. I don't understand why anyone would want to bring back the McDonalds color scheme or the outdated Dominique era jerseys (Face it the tilted numbers/team name sucks.

I agree that I don't like the McDonald's color scheme, but I think those Hawks unis are still not as good as these ones:

HWK_Classic_Pettit_9.jpg

I'm not a fan of the font. And this just goes to show that the rwb color scheme was used before, I'm guessing that's not when they were based in Atlanta though right?

According to the mothership, they were RWB the first two years in ATL

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It may not be super unpopular, but I really like this look for the Astros.

nd23py.png

I'm ready for the new (hopefully) blue/orange set to arrive next season, but agree with you on this being a good look. I'll one-up you and say that I think this (below) is their best set and it's been nice seeing so much of this year with the new owner wanting to ditch the brick-top/silver pants look full-time on the road. What really makes this set work is the switch to the brick hats, vs the black hats which have been the primary road cap. The black hat really dulled down this set, IMO.

Houston+Astros+v+Chicago+White+Sox+NVjU-B9qe6wl.jpg

People need to stop with the "red and gold equals McDonalds" comparisons.

Face it, if the red/yellow Hawks had a McDonalds logo across their chest it would look completely normal.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

People want to bring it back because 1) It was currently unique in the NBA, and 2) It's what the Hawks had historically worn. Teams shouldn't just change their colors for the hell of it after wearing them for the past 30-40 years. Also, they went to the most overdone color combos in pro sports. Oh, and colors aside, everything about the current uniforms and logos is really bad.

Agreed on almost everything... but the uniform design is great. It would just be better in red, yellow, and black.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Face it, if the red/yellow Hawks had a McDonalds logo across their chest it would look completely normal.

Um, no.

Either darken the red or make the "Gold" gold.

The same could be said with pretty much any colour scheme and thousands of companies. I think the fact that you associate red and yellow with McDonalds says more about you than the uniforms.

For example, when I see the Detroit Red Wings play I don't think "Coca-Cola", the Arizona Diamondbacks don't make me think of KFC and the Green Bay Packers don't conjure thoughts of Subway.

If any jersey in that set should be referred to as the "McDonalds jersey", it should be the white one.

American+High+School+Basketball+Games+rvZyOcTYH1-l.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

Love the design, hate the bland, cliche color scheme. Those uniforms would look sharp in red, black, and yellow.

JGnSv.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

Love the design, hate the bland, cliche color scheme. Those uniforms would look sharp in red, black, and yellow.

JGnSv.png

I love this, but I'd go with red names and numbers outlined in yellow on the white uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

JGnSv.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv63qzNQMVY

90758391980.gif

Atlanta-Hawks-04.jpg

JGnSv.png

Change the home number to red outlined in gold and change the "ATL" on the red alts to "ATLANTA", and that'll be the perfect Hawks set.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.