Unpopular Opinions

I hope Nike's team colored shoes become the norm in the NFL. Shoes are part of the uniform too, they might as well match everything else. Some teams pull of the team color shoes look pretty damn well. Black and white shoes stick out way too against certain uniforms.

I'm ok with most team-colored shoes, but the Redskins' yellow shoes drive me crazy. When they played the Giants I kept mistaking them for penalty flags.

My only gripe is that most teams secondary color is the dominant color of the shoes. I'd prefer for the Redskins shoes to be primarily burgundy with gold accents. Same with Seattle, Navy shoes with lime accents would look better than what they actually wear. I do however like San Fran's gold shoes.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I agree with the last two posts, though I would pick the Reebok version of the Vikings because it doesn't have the dumb Nike half-collar. I'd also tweak the way the viking horn finishes; I don't like that the yellow stripes meet in the back.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Opinion: I hate the US Soccer team's "Where's Waldo" uniforms.

i think everyone does

It's one of the best uniforms in sports. Jeez, some of you have really bad opinions.

tumblr_m4vogpCnxA1qc5fy3o1_500.jpg

It is a poor execution of a hoop jersey and the breaking if the hoop in the middle for the numbers just makes things awkward.

I actually like the jerseys from the World Cup a lot better.

Also

2011-06-24-knicks-logo.jpg is better than... uqtgw9qh14n3fjdhvycpgbz79.gif

Just for the simple fact that the S at the end of Knicks on the 70's logo looks smaller than the other letters and has an awkard space between it and the other letters.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I love these.

peterson-rb-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

I really like how the side stripes look like Vikings' horns. To me they're just as good or better than the three-stripe version.

I do too, just without the toilet-seat collars, and without the monochrome combos.

Adrian+Peterson+Detroit+Lions+v+Minnesota+vUyBkbNwDD3l.jpg

Adrian+Peterson+Minnesota+Vikings+v+Chicago+cqJGnJX2Qzfl.jpg

Best uniforms in Vikings history.

SMDH @ how easily those collars could easily be incorporated into the design of the uniform.

I like these uniforms in a vacuum and think they'd look great on a college team called the Vikings (wasn't Cleveland State looking into starting football?), but they're way too out of place in the NFC North. Even the Lions toned it down the last time they refreshed their look. Give me the traditional northwestern stripes at home, UCLA stripes on the road, and maybe a custom number font that matches their wordmark.

Give me the traditional northwestern stripes at home, UCLA stripes on the road

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible idea. Why would you have two completely different uniform designs in the same set?

For the sake of being retro.

1974_Minnesota.png

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible idea. Why would you have two completely different uniform designs in the same set?

1974_Minnesota.png

Damn, I completely forgot that they did that. Either way I think they should stick with one of those and just go with it for both, preferably the UCLA stripes.

I love the Rams' current uniforms and hate their athletic gold ones.

...as long as they stick with the gold pants.

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

1974_Minnesota.png

Damn, I completely forgot that they did that. Either way I think they should stick with one of those and just go with it for both, preferably the UCLA stripes.

If they go with the UCLA stripes it would look too outdated, in my opinion.

I don't necessarily hate their athletic gold ones, but I'm with you on the new colors are way better. As long as gold pants are worn with it, it's a great look. I don't even mind blue pants on the road only.

I would prefer the Northwestern stripes if they were to do that. Normally I prefer UCLA stripes, but that would mean the Vikings would essenitally be wearing LSU's jerseys.

Unless of course they go with a proprietary font, which I'm hoping they do based on this:

Minnesota_Vikings_wordmark_%281961_-_1981%29.png

I don't necessarily hate their athletic gold ones, but I'm with you on the new colors are way better. As long as gold pants are worn with it, it's a great look. I don't even mind blue pants on the road only.

Add me to the list of people who prefer the gold pants to anything else they've worn with the newer uni set. Does anyone know why it seems like most "metallic" colors like silver and gold aren't being replicated as such in pant fabrics anymore? It seemed like it was so simple to do years ago but now the look seems non-existent. Does it have something to do with the new performance materials or is it more of an aesthetic choice? I was just wondering, because I don't mind grey being used in place of silver but tan (or mustard) in place of gold is incredibly annoying in my opinion.