Unpopular Opinions

They are very good but I guarentee if they came out tomorrow announcing 2 new teams and these as the sweaters....they wouldn't go 1 and 2 on everyone's list. No way. The history of them plays a part, you have to admit.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

And I disagree. They're good designs that have stood the test of time.

The Canadiens have had theirs, more or less, since 1917. The Blackhawks have had theirs, more or less, since 1955. Neither jersey has experienced significant changes since then. There's a reason why those jerseys have stayed largely the same while jerseys like the Canucks' V jerseys, the Islanders' fishsticks jerseys and the Burger King jerseys have been consigned to the history books.

Good designs last. They can't become traditional if they aren't good enough to stick around to be part of the tradition in the first place.

• Like 3

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Honest to god, am I the only one who doesn't love the Montreal Canadiens home jersey? Don't get me wrong, red and blue can look great together. The Rangers do it well and Washington have a nice thing going too...

But there's something about the Montreal unis that just bug me. For one, I'm also not a huge fan of their logo. It's a very good logo, but I don't love the squashed look too it, compounded with the horizontal stripe around the torso just worsens it even more. The red and blue together are too garish for me - there's not enough buffer between the two and we all know how you need a buffer between those two colours. I would love to see the Canadiens logo without the blue stripe behind it. Make the logo a bit bigger of the front and get rid of the stripe, it doesn't help anything IMO.

I don't hate it by any means, but I certainly wouldn't put it top 5 without thinking like most NHL fans seem to do.

If I could send a hug to you via the internet, I would.

That's basically my opinion about the Candiens in a nutshell, except for the fact that I have some issues with the logo. It would be like the Yankees having always worn BT, with BT standing for Baseball Team.

Honest to god, am I the only one who doesn't love the Montreal Canadiens home jersey? Don't get me wrong, red and blue can look great together. The Rangers do it well and Washington have a nice thing going too...

But there's something about the Montreal unis that just bug me. For one, I'm also not a huge fan of their logo. It's a very good logo, but I don't love the squashed look too it, compounded with the horizontal stripe around the torso just worsens it even more. The red and blue together are too garish for me - there's not enough buffer between the two and we all know how you need a buffer between those two colours. I would love to see the Canadiens logo without the blue stripe behind it. Make the logo a bit bigger of the front and get rid of the stripe, it doesn't help anything IMO.

I don't hate it by any means, but I certainly wouldn't put it top 5 without thinking like most NHL fans seem to do.

If I could send a hug to you via the internet, I would.

Naawwww... internet hugs!

I think sleeved basketball shirts could work if they're presented right. I think the main reason Golden State screwed up on it is because they have these shorts that don't match the shirt at all.

Also basketball shorts these days are too big. I'm not saying return to those hot-pants of the '70s and '80s, but I should be able to see their knees from time to time.

^pretty unpopular, but I agree I didn't like the rainbow stripe template jersey. It looked kind of messy, plus the logo was the goofy characature one so it looked like something out of disney.

Their current unis are okay, but the edge template is a bit boring and safe. They could do a lot better.

These Padres road unis...

san-diego-padres-road-uniform-primary.jpg

...are the best road unis in their history. Not to mention the stylization of their city name...

6tbesuqhstl2jhtswyuxtu1ij.gif

...is beautiful.

That whole set would be bomb a$$ if the blue were swapped out for brown.

Those are my thoughts on this as well. The Padres could've made a home set with a script like this, replaced blue with brown, added some orange trim, and

caliendo-tale.jpg

BOOM! That's a turducken look that would fit the Padres for decades to come.

/Frank Caliendo reference :P

These Padres road unis...

san-diego-padres-road-uniform-primary.jpg

...are the best road unis in their history. Not to mention the stylization of their city name is beautiful.

I agree with you on the first count, but not the second. As it stands, that was a very good road look. But I hated the bowtie script, and if they used the current "San Diego" script, instead, it would have been great.

• Like 1

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You almost had me there... except that I thought they were the khaki/sand/whatever jerseys. Those were the best.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't dislike the Blue Jays BP cap. It's a BP cap, which is providing white panels, Mr. Met, and Mr. Red, so it's obviously not being taking too seriously. In fact, I like the Blue Jays BP cap better than those of the A's, Brewers (both of 'em), Cubs, Dodgers, Marlins, Mets, Nats, Marlins (home), Rays, Royals, Tigers (both of 'em), and Twins(both).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

[

The Oilers should have kept this look (maybe lighten the blue so the navy didn't look black on TV):

Oilers14.png

YES. i understand why they went away from this look, but i still like it ten time better than their current getup

You guys are in the majority. The navy and copper make Edmonton's "throwbacks" look dated, boring and meek.

What if the Oilers did a combination of the two? Hardcore Oilers fans like the current jerseys because they are similar to the 80's but the 90's jersey change was more clean. Could the solution be 80's colors on a 90's jersey (and maybe keep the "Rigger" shoulder patch retired)?

Oilers2.png

[

The Oilers should have kept this look (maybe lighten the blue so the navy didn't look black on TV):

Oilers14.png

YES. i understand why they went away from this look, but i still like it ten time better than their current getup

You guys are in the majority. The navy and copper make Edmonton's "throwbacks" look dated, boring and meek.

What if the Oilers did a combination of the two? Hardcore Oilers fans like the current jerseys because they are similar to the 80's but the 90's jersey change was more clean. Could the solution be 80's colors on a 90's jersey (and maybe keep the "Rigger" shoulder patch retired)?

Oilers2.png

That looks really good, but Oiler fans wouldn't like it. Most miss the copper and how it looked on the jerseys. If this were copper, I'd buy it.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

That looks really good, but Oiler fans wouldn't like it. Most miss the copper and how it looked on the jerseys.

Really? I thought most were in favour of the 80s/90s look they currently wear.

Oilers2.png

That looks really good, but Oiler fans wouldn't like it. Most miss the copper and how it looked on the jerseys. If this were copper, I'd buy it.

Hence why this is an "Unpopular Opinion" thread :) Being an Oilers fan, it seems like the most vocal group are the "traditionalists" who love the return to the past with the current look. It's hard to gage whether it's the vocal majority or the vocal manority, but it seems the most prominant. Personally I liked the copper, but I'm too young to really remember the 80's (I was in grade 3 when they won their last cup), but I do remember their more current success with the copper like the upsets against Dallas in '97, Colorado in '98, and the 2006 playoff run. The uninspiring 2007-11 edition of the copper did a lot to ruin it. The "Gulf Oil look" (the origional colors are based off of the Gulf Oil logo who was a major sponser back in the WHA days) seems to be the flavor right now, however it would be interesting to see how long it lasts.

The only reason they returned to their 80s look is because they knew the fans were begging for it. If the navy/copper was really loved more by fans, they would've simply reverted back to their pre-Edge set.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12