Unpopular Opinions

The Todd McFarlane Edmonton Oilers jerseys from the 2000s are my favorite look for the Oilers. They should have used the Flying Oil Drop alt full-time and get a matching white for this:

smyth-mcfarlane-jersey.jpg?quality=85&st

Edited by habsfan1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Seth McFarlane Edmonton Oilers jerseys from the 2000s are my favorite look for the Oilers. They should have used the Flying Oil Drop alt full-time and get a matching white for this:

Only thing I didn't like about this look was the color scheme. The Gretzky era are still my favorite Oilers look but if you made this in Royal Blue and Orange

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, Echo said:

Todd McFarlane.  Seth MacFarlane is the "Family Guy" guy.

They should have let Seth take a shot...wouldn't have turned out much worse

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Random thought of the day, and maybe not an unpopular opinion: The Blue Jays picked the wrong shade of blue in their 2020 alternate hats. The navy and light blue isn't great. 

What made the 80s/90s look memorable was how royal and light blue worked together; the alt hat should be royal, with light blue brim. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:47 AM, TheRealPepman said:

I think that the Knicks should use the uniforms below as their regular uniforms. Maybe that can turn the franchise's fortunes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7e-h-ebbxAFpcgk5uI_O

I've thought the same! Use that navy as an alt, cook up a white version and a regular blue version. Also make the side trim normal alternating lines instead of that weird tattered effect. It would be different for the Knicks, but still fits into their general look.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:57 PM, Digby said:

I've thought the same! Use that navy as an alt, cook up a white version and a regular blue version. Also make the side trim normal alternating lines instead of that weird tattered effect. It would be different for the Knicks, but still fits into their general look.

I kinda like the normal alternating lines. Makes the uniform original, design-wise, from other established uniforms. 

On 11/14/2020 at 4:46 PM, Chromatic said:

I think the issue there is that Golden State is explicitly California, whereas The Valley is way too vague and nondescript.

When the San Francisco Warriors moved the majority of their games to Oakland in 1971 they were also playing some home games in San Diego (the Rockets moved to Houston in  1971) so it made sense to try to pull support from the whole state.

spacer.png

I keep seeing this combo get posted (usually with people hating it) but I cannot for the life of me dislike it. Somehow it all comes together perfectly for me. In fact, this might be my favorite Ravens combo.

Also, white at home is lame and really unnecessary nowadays. The only sport that should keep white at home is baseball.

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

I hope that's unpopular...

I think my opinion that there has never been a good thing about the Ravens look is unpopular.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 12/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, QCS said:

spacer.png

I keep seeing this combo get posted (usually with people hating it) but I cannot for the life of me dislike it. Somehow it all comes together perfectly for me. In fact, this might be my favorite Ravens combo.

Also, white at home is lame and really unnecessary nowadays. The only sport that should keep white at home is baseball.

I just can't get behind mustard as a sports color. It's ugly to me here, as with Notre Dame's modern pants (though not the same exact shade) and the Jaguars old ugly Color Rush.

I’m neither a fan of the Dolphins’ current throwbacks nor their old logo. I like, but don’t love their current unis. I feel that these unis are the best of both worlds. Aqua facemasks. Sleeve stripes. Vintage logo (again, not a fan, but it’s a compromise). No navy blue. Proper Preferred helmet and pants striping pattern. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I actually prefer the NBA logo on the back of the jerseys. It doesn't get in the way of the team's design if it's on the back and it looked a little out of place without something opposite it. Now, moving it to the back to make room for ads? That I'm not a fan of.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

9 hours ago, QCS said:

I actually prefer the NBA logo on the back of the jerseys. It doesn't get in the way of the team's design if it's on the back and it looked a little out of place without something opposite it. Now, moving it to the back to make room for ads? That I'm not a fan of.

I dont like it because it displaced a team logo. The Raptors, for instance, had a maple leaf on the back that was then transitioned to the belt buckle location of the shorts. In principle I do agree, I do like it on the back but wish teams had a place to put a team logo on the jersey.

• Like 2

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 12/4/2020 at 4:43 PM, habsfan1 said:

The Todd McFarlane Edmonton Oilers jerseys from the 2000s are my favorite look for the Oilers. They should have used the Flying Oil Drop alt full-time and get a matching white for this:

Someone made a concept of this, recently. It was posted on Icethetics.

Reverse Retro missed oppurtunity.

5fd1a341af5dcc7d0c26afc6_1210-zaynbartle

• Like 4

On 11/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, Chromatic said:

I think the issue there is that Golden State is explicitly California, whereas The Valley is way too vague and nondescript.

That, and there's no real reason to go away from Phoenix Suns.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/24/2020 at 4:49 AM, Chawls said:

I’m neither a fan of the Dolphins’ current throwbacks nor their old logo. I like, but don’t love their current unis. I feel that these unis are the best of both worlds. Aqua facemasks. Sleeve stripes. Vintage logo (again, not a fan, but it’s a compromise). No navy blue. Proper Preferred helmet and pants striping pattern. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This set should have lasted more than three years (94-96). It's really nice. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.