Unpopular Opinions

3 hours ago, QCS said:

No clue how popular/unpopular this is, but I hate the manufacturer-specific designs in soccer. The adidas three stripes in particular are annoying (especially the MLS template where it goes over the shoulder on one side) and I wish it was more like other sports where the manufacturer doesn't have a "design element" outside of their logo on the jerseys.

Of the major manufacturers, it's really only Adidas that does that.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Not sure how much of an unpopular opinion this is, but Vegas’ Reverse Retro uniform should stay around for a while. It’s better than the gold jersey too

The reds are way better then the gold.  They should be the permanent alt.

By the way, are those signs on the glass allowed to be there during the game or does someone have to take them down after warm-ups?

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Not sure how much of an unpopular opinion this is, but Vegas’ Reverse Retro uniform should stay around for a while. It’s better than the gold jersey too

Completely agree. Before they were worn on the ice I preferred the gold, but in practice the red is just outstanding

This might be my most unpopular opinion yet - while the creamsicle will always be the Bucs' best look, I actually prefer their Winston-era uniforms to the Super Bowl ones. In the months since they were revealed, I've really soured on them (especially that terrible pewter alt) and I just really like the color balance of the Winston-era unis.

spacer.png

This image in particular looks freaking fantastic to me. The pewter yoke balances out the pants very nicely and the bright red really catches in the Florida sun. I don't even mind the massive helmet logo, it looks perfect on Winston in particular (but too big on #68 there).

There are a couple caveats to this, however: the number font is baaaaad. Like, really bad. It should've been a more traditional block. Second, the mismatching sleeve logos was not a good decision, it should've been the pirate ship on both sides. Third, red socks only, please. Those changes and I think this would be essentially the best "cannonball" look the Bucs could have. It'll always be inferior to the creamsicle, but it's still better than the Super Bowl look.

• Like 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

Seems to be an unpopular opinions within their fanbase since they changed it back soon after, but QPR's "boutique" crest >>> their classic look or the remake they replaced it with

queens_park_rangers_logo_before_after.png

The boutique crest just looks so damn elegant and beautiful, and I can't fault a London-based team to try to dress themselves up as a grand entity.  I really love the horizontal bars that call back to their shirts

Their current look is fine and decently executed I suppose, but it is just so boring and devoid of personality

On 2/11/2021 at 2:41 PM, QCS said:

This might be my most unpopular opinion yet - while the creamsicle will always be the Bucs' best look, I actually prefer their Winston-era uniforms to the Super Bowl ones. In the months since they were revealed, I've really soured on them (especially that terrible pewter alt) and I just really like the color balance of the Winston-era unis.

spacer.png

This image in particular looks freaking fantastic to me. The pewter yoke balances out the pants very nicely and the bright red really catches in the Florida sun. I don't even mind the massive helmet logo, it looks perfect on Winston in particular (but too big on #68 there).

There are a couple caveats to this, however: the number font is baaaaad. Like, really bad. It should've been a more traditional block. Second, the mismatching sleeve logos was not a good decision, it should've been the pirate ship on both sides. Third, red socks only, please. Those changes and I think this would be essentially the best "cannonball" look the Bucs could have. It'll always be inferior to the creamsicle, but it's still better than the Super Bowl look.

The numbers had 4 outlines, the insides contained crossover trace lines from one end to another.

If the Bucs sized the flag down a bit and went with a more standard font, the rest of the uniform is actually quite decent. I'm in agreement with some of the points you made.

The font they went with reminded me of the Orlando Rage of the XFL.

rage_jersey_home.gif

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, DNAsports said:

One of the better parts about the new Rams uniform is how it doesn’t force the awkward sleeve horn wraparound like previous iterations

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

100% agree!  Match the look on the road WHITES, lose the gradient numbers and the shiny elements and this is good to go!  I actually like the split horn look, again on the unpopular side

• Like 2

11 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

I don't like throwbacks as a frequently used alternate on any team. I think at most they should be used once or twice on an anniversary.

Does anyone on here have any connections with the Dolphins? They need to read this and be able to fully comprehend it.

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Does anyone on here have any connections with the Dolphins? They need to read this and be able to fully comprehend it.

That reminds me of something else unpopular on this board - I love sleeve logos in the NFL. Striping can work depending on the team, but I always prefer sleeve logos to sleeve numbers or blank sleeves. 

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Dark color hockey sweaters with white shoulder yokes look stupid. I want to like the Captials' new alternate, the Avs' navy "Rockies" set, or even the Lightning's original and RR sweaters, but I can't get over the color imbalance that my mind sees.

IMO, the only good "dark" jersey with white shoulders is the Pens' 2008 WC sweater, and that's only because its base is such a light blue. The difference in value isn't as stark as the examples given above.

• Like 1

Jags don’t need gold. I think it’s fine on the logo but it doesn’t need to go on the uniforms. Does it look bad on the uniforms no? But it looks fine without. 

Also in the same vein, with all the talk of the jags inaugural uniforms, they aren’t as good as I remember them being. Still maybe the best they’ve worn, but it’s a much closer competition to their current uniforms. I’d actually even throw the piping nightmare uniforms into that ring. I’m not sure why but some uniforms that feature piping works. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php