Unpopular Opinions

7 hours ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Probably my most unpopular opinion to date: The Browns 2015-19 look is better than their classic look.

Which part is better?

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:23 AM, -Akronite- said:

I just can't get behind mustard as a sports color. It's ugly to me here, as with Notre Dame's modern pants (though not the same exact shade) and the Jaguars old ugly Color Rush.

I actually LOVE the mustard yellow color in sports. What doesn’t work for me with that Ravens look is that the helmet, jersey and pants are each different main colors. I’ve never liked seeing that except maybe with white being one of the base colors (i.e. red helmet, white jersey, blue pants).

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

On 1/1/2021 at 6:11 PM, DNAsports said:

I’d prefer Arizona Suns

actually, this reminds me: not only should the Suns keep Phoenix, but the Coyotes and Cardinals should both go back to using Phoenix. two syllables is a whole lot less unwieldy than four.

the Diamondbacks using Arizona has never really bothered me, though. weird.

• Like 2

53Ocz8U.png

1 minute ago, JerseyJimmy said:

actually, this reminds me: not only should the Suns keep Phoenix, but the Coyotes and Cardinals should both go back to using Phoenix. two syllables is a whole lot less unwieldy than four.

Probably because they're the one Arizona team that has never used "Phoenix". I agree that Phoenix is a better identifier than Arizona.

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 1/8/2021 at 12:00 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

As far as the Cardinals go, you have to realize that the “Phoenix Cardinals” never made a single playoff appearance. It was a moniker that had a short life representing an unsuccessful franchise. 

14 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

WOW, THAT is unpopular right there. What's your reasoning? I'm genuinely interested

I like the striping a lot more, and the font too. I shouldn't like it at all, but I absolutely love it. I'm also not a real football design guy.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

On 1/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, NoE38_Concepts said:

Probably my most unpopular opinion to date: The Browns 2015-19 look is better than their classic look.

I can understand this. I definitely prefer the classic look, and wasn't in love with the 2015-19 update, but I also didn't think it was the complete abomination many on here did either.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

I like the striping a lot more, and the font too. I shouldn't like it at all, but I absolutely love it. I'm also not a real football design guy.

What I will say is that I'm glad the Browns decided to keep using a stylised font, when they returned to their traditional uniforms.

I do agree with you about spicing things up with a better font. The non-traditional uniforms of their 1st rebrand might have been better received, if the Browns didn't have a lengthy history wearing the ones everyone was used to.

I don’t really like the Browns’ orange pants all that much. Although to be fair, I think that has more to do with the shade of orange than the actual idea of orange pants. Sometimes the helmets and orange pants damn near look red on TV. The old orange (before the 2015? rebrand)was far better.

On 1/11/2021 at 1:22 PM, 8BW14 said:

I don’t really like the Browns’ orange pants all that much. Although to be fair, I think that has more to do with the shade of orange than the actual idea of orange pants. Sometimes the helmets and orange pants damn near look red on TV. The old orange (before the 2015? rebrand)was far better.

I don't mind the orange pants, but I think I prefer the white ones. In an ideal world, they'd wear each one for half of their road games. They're both better than the brown pants, though, that's for sure!

Sticking with the AFC North, another unpopular opinion i have is that the Bengals' current uniforms are better than this board would lead you to believe . The white side panels on the black jerseys aren't great, but apart from that, their sets are fine.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:35 AM, Chromatic said:

I can understand this. I definitely prefer the classic look, and wasn't in love with the 2015-19 update, but I also didn't think it was the complete abomination many on here did either.

I thought the weird number shadow was bad and the stitching wasn't great, but I loved the "BROWNS" on the pant leg. For a team with a generally classic/collegiate look, I thought it was a collegiate-style detail that was executed really well. Perhaps if it was just on one leg a la the Steelers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The Jets current look is way better than their previous set and should undoubtedly survive beyond the 2023-24 season.

spacer.png
I also think they should explore swapping the green and black socks every now and again.

This is another example of a Nike uniform having one uniform too many. Green over white and white over green are good. Not great, but good.

The black is unnecessary.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is another example of a Nike uniform having one uniform too many. Green over white and white over green are good. Not great, but good.

The black is unnecessary.

I wouldn’t call it unnecessary. It fits with the style the team went for. IMO, there’s really nothing bad about the Jets having the black uniform.

If I’m going to be completely honest, it’s my favorite of the set and arguably one of the best current alternate uniforms.

53 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

The "Buffaslug" is underappreciated. I think, had they took a little inspiration from the Buffalo Bills logo, I think the logo could've survived a lot longer then it did.

Actually, I'll add to that: the Buffaslug is the best logo the Sabres have ever had. It is far, far better than their current logo and it's obviously better than the goathead.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt