Unpopular Opinions

I also really like gradient on jerseys. I know that there are quite a few people who don't like it.

Seconded. Gradients aren't something that you can just casually slap on *cough* Jags helmets *cough*, but when proper thought and time are put into them, they can look really good.

Also, this is probably highly unpopular, but my preferred football looks in order are:

1. Matching helmet/pants

2. Monochrome

3. Matching pants/jersey

4. Matching helmet/jersey

5. Nothing matches

The only thing that bugs me about monochrome looks is when they don't put striping on the pants to help prevent color overkill (Yes, I'm looking at you, Baltimore). Other than that, I like it much better than #3, #4, and #5, especially #4 & #5. I don't know why I don't care for those combos, since many classic looks use it (Steelers, Giants), but #1 & #2 just appeal to me much more.

For example, if the Steelers were to use a yellow helmet or black pants, I would wince at the loss of tradition, but I'd still consider it a better look.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Pacers best look was their previous pinstripe set

ind-pac-pinstripe-away-675x380.jpg

Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. YES.

How does this constitute an unpopular opinion? Who doesn't like the Pacers pinstripe uniforms?

When they wore the throwbacks this year, many people argued in the NBA Changes thread that their current was far superior

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

How does this constitute an unpopular opinion? Who doesn't like the Pacers pinstripe uniforms?

I don't. The idea was to cultivate an Old-Time Basketball Field House sort of thing with the new arena, but pinstripes don't really have precedent as an old-time basketball design and are in fact more associated with progressive '90s designs in Orlando and Toronto. The best Pacers uniforms were the FloJo uniforms just prior, which connoted the speed associated with the name and the city without going for easy vroom-vroom conceits. Even those had some sloppy drop-shadows, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate the Packers logo. It irks me to no end that its just a 'G'. Its like the Giants using an 'N' for their logo or the 49ers an 'S'. Name of location is two words? Use both letters.

The g stands for greatness not greenbay

The Packers' Assistant Director of PR and Corporate Communications had the following to say: "There’s nothing in our history that suggests there's any truth to this. The Packers Hall of Fame archivist said the same thing."

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 9/3/2013 at 9:16 PM, uuh70 said:

I liked the Cavs Mid 90's-2002 Look

This probably is unpopular, but I did not think it was a terrible look either (after they removed the paint brush streak prior to these). If course, the moves since have been an improvement, but in a vacuum, these are decent.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The best Pacers uniforms were the FloJo uniforms just prior, which connoted the speed associated with the name and the city without going for easy vroom-vroom conceits. Even those had some sloppy drop-shadows, though.

Yeah, I never liked the FloJos. They just looked sloppy all around, and the slanted stripe from the jersey to the pants was poorly executed.

• Like 1

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.