Unpopular Opinions

I like patterned trim... sadly, it seems to have fallen out of favor since the '90s.

Surprised you didn't mention this:

498232.jpg

I love patterned trim. Of course, if it made a comeback in the NHL, half the league would be wearing it in five years and the novelty would wear off, but it can be a great touch to a uniform.

D82F673C4DFBF8D1319E5FAB8E4154.jpg

Pacers best look was their previous pinstripe set

ind-pac-pinstripe-away-675x380.jpg

I wouldn't say best, but those were nice. I usually abhor double-outlines, but I don't know why, these just look good. But the way one end of the collar "folds over" the other is ugly.

Now an unpopular opinion of my own. This is probably the worst primary logo in all of the Big Four:

220px-Portland_Trail_Blazers.svg.png

There is nothing remotely redeeming about it, except for maybe the colours, which are OK (but aren't even unique in the NBA).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like patterned trim... sadly, it seems to have fallen out of favor since the '90s.

It's a rare occasion when Lights Out and I agree so strongly on something, but I absolutely, for the life of me, do NOT understand why patterned trim didn't become a more permanent element of uniform deisgn... especially considering all the piping and paneling messes that came after it. Patterened trim is such an easy way to create a distinctive, timeless look that can be used for decades and not look out of place because it fits within the confines of a traditional uniform (which is what made the Chargers and old Bengals looks so effective).

baltimore-ravens-old-logo_zps7ca39f68.jp

A lot of people are critical of the Baltimore Ravens current logo, but I think their original was horrible. Local sportscasters here in RVA called them the "Flying Bs" and the "Water Buffaloes".

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

The Islanders black alternate is growing on me. Lol. No idea why. At all.

I'll echo this. In person they're quite striking the way the colors are arrayed. Now I'll never love it as an Islanders jersey but if a new team formed today and wore it I wouldn't be opposed.

Lol. I didn't hate that sweater too bad really. As an alternate it would have been great. It just didn't have enough green to be the home sweater. If that had been the third, the original logo'd away jersey stayed in place, and they had made a green home with the logo on the chest, I would have been entirely happy with the stars edge look. But they ruined that and it made fans clamour for change.

Similarly, the black isles jersey should never ever be a primary home sweater. But as a third, I don't hate it... Even if I really want to hate it.