Comedy Central Debuts New Logo

AJM

With a character's silhouette, it certainly looks quirky, subtle, and fun...but on its own, it's just too bland. If this is indeed the screen bug in the lower right when shows are a-playing, it'll almost look like I'm watching C-SPAN. They should have found a happy medium between this and the planet logo for the main standalone, and this "double/upside-down C" for the alternate. (Aw nuts, I'm even speaking as if this were a sports team!!)

comedy_central_explanation.gif

Also, I wasn't too fond of the above image where they basically say, "This is sooo much better than the old logo. We got over it (the old logo); you need to get over it, too. We were 100% right on this one," before it's even been tried. That doesn't come across as funny or fun; it just sounded like a political Season 7-8 Family Guy episode; it's as if a smug storm hit the CC headquarters. :P Mind you, they're probably not 100% serious, but reading that for the first time gave me the impression that this was serious business.

I do, however, like the term "Comedymark."

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this is indeed the screen bug in the lower right when shows are a-playing, it'll almost look like I'm watching C-SPAN.

Given that two of their three biggest shows are pretend news, I'm sure the coincidence isn't lost on them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought they were just going to remove the globe.

I'm watching Futurama and the globe logo is still there. Either the new logo is coming or is fake like the WWE logo.

No fake. Will be unveiled in January, per their website.

Oh that what I figured. To me I like the one without the globe kinda like when FX removed the box.

I myself think that taking out the box was semi stupid. Change the logo unless you change the colors.

I would have been fine with this logo had they incorporated the "city" portion into the outer ring... Modernize/Retro-ize it, but this is just... bland.

Thats a pretty good idea. If someone could make this mock-up. Where? Where is that man!

ChaBobcats-SquareSig.pngBlueJaysSquareSig.png

DashSquareSig.png

In the article a guy was trying to say "Comedy Central is a major network" and that their old logo is too cartoony for that.

Ummm... it's comedy :censored:ing central right? Shouldn't they be lampooning major networks, not imitating them?

Oh, and when they put it with the Futurama silhouettes and attempt the whole "comedymark" thing I feel like it resembles Adult Swim far too closely.

After looking at everything, this feels like they're trying to mimic adult swim. Anybody else get that vibe?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I'm a fan of the execution, because the old logo was too cartoonish.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

This logo is stupid.

That's all. And it's not even really arguable.

It'd be a mediocre logo for a local mom and pop internet cafe'. It's a TERRIBLE logo for anything of larger scale. Even more terrible for anything professional that deals in comedy or anything light-hearted.

Just another case of someone allowing their 16 year old son 'design' a logo on MS Pain while Daddy makes it happen. Pathetic. It wasn't broken. But it is now.

200px-Comedy_Central_logo_%281990s%29.svg.png

This logo fit early Comedy Central quite well. Its aesthetic really matches that of that one stupid puppet show from Minneapolis that had nothing whatsoever to do with the channel's first big rise in popularity and according to them never aired on there anyway.

MST3000 ruled.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the logo in use for the first time today (for me). It actually doesn't look too bad, and it took me several minutes to even notice that they had changed the bug. I'm already used to it within watching one full episode of the Daily Show. It works because they didn't make it too gaudy, colorful, shiny, 3D-looking, or big. It looks simple and classy.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

The new logo is too clean.

Their programming is usually not clean comedy, therefore the logo should not be clean.

Everything they show is censored. Until they can show things without censorship I consider it clean comedy.

Uhh.. Do you watch Comedy Central after midnight on a Friday or Saturday night? No censorship for 4 hours each night, midnight-4am.

The new logo is too clean.

Their programming is usually not clean comedy, therefore the logo should not be clean.

Everything they show is censored. Until they can show things without censorship I consider it clean comedy.

Uhh.. Do you watch Comedy Central after midnight on a Friday or Saturday night? No censorship for 4 hours each night, midnight-4am.

Maybe language-wise, but they still cut out things like nudity or violence. Have you ever seen an American Pie during the uncensored period? It is still very censored.

The comedy channel (austrlian version of comedy central) has a way better logo:

Comedylogo.png

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Archived