NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing that philly has a good shot at winning this game. It feels like Green Bay should be up by three scores.

You can probably thank James Jones for that.

I know it's a bit like saying "if he was better, he'd be better," but if Jones didn't drop so many damn balls, he could be a heckuva player. As it is, he's still pretty good.

Well that sets up two FANTASTIC matchups for Saturday afternoon/night...

I'm going with Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, & New England next week straight-up, we'll wait for spreads, I know NE is -9 thus far and that's it.

I know the patriots are favored, but how can you pick against your own team?

I'm going with Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, & New England next week straight-up, we'll wait for spreads, I know NE is -9 thus far and that's it.

Easy: Brain =/= Heart

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Easy: Brain =/= Heart

Right.

Of course I'm rooting for the Jets. I'd love nothing more than for the Jets to win the Superbowl. Literally. My life isn't that exciting.

But I'm not delusional. The Patriots are probably winning it all. They're just way too good. Of course the Jets CAN win, but it'd take some heck of an effort/gameplan to do so...and I just don't see it happening.

I hope I'm wrong...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I tell you what though, in another case of head vs. heart, a large part of me is freaking scared of the Jets. When I think about it I can't see the Pats losing, but I can't lose the image of another game like the Browns game where the Pats suck and you know the Jets will be giving it their absolute best after 45-3. I'm trying to stay calm, but all the dominoes are lined up here for a total catastrophe. Thankfully, I know Bill Belichick isn't letting anything get into his head and I know he'll have the troops raring to go.

I really do feel for Eagles fans although I am a Cowboys fan. I have to say even though I was rooting against them, I for sure felt bad at the end of that game. This really could've been their year. But the Pack came in hot and they didn't and thats what killed them.

Another year, another disappointment. 50 years and counting... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes, but for some reason, watching Not McNabb fail wasn't nearly as bad as watching McNabb fail. God I'm glad he's gone.

I really do feel for Eagles fans although I am a Cowboys fan. I have to say even though I was rooting against them, I for sure felt bad at the end of that game. This really could've been their year. But the Pack came in hot and they didn't and thats what killed them.

"Could've been their year"? They destroyed a few teams, but also won games (*cough Giants cough*) that they had no business winning, didn't show up against Minnesota, and just were too inconsistent all year. Well, actually, the defense was consistently bad, so I take that last part back. It could have been their year if 1) this was one of those magic seasons where they caught all of the breaks and eeked out every game that they shouldn't win, or 2) if there was a great story like Jerome Bettis going back to his hometown to play his last game and the NFL rigged it for them. I did kinda think that maybe #1 was happening, but I guess not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Saints fan, I will make no excuses. Seattle outplayed us plain and simple. I will not, for a moment, denounce my love for the New Orleans Saints. It may hurt my throat and my heart to enunciate this but...

WHO DAT?! WHO DAT?! WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA THEM SAINTS? WHO DAT?! WHO DAT?!

Though to be honest, the Colts' loss and 10 shots of tequila definitely softened the blow. :wink:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I tell you what though, in another case of head vs. heart, a large part of me is freaking scared of the Jets. When I think about it I can't see the Pats losing, but I can't lose the image of another game like the Browns game where the Pats suck and you know the Jets will be giving it their absolute best after 45-3. I'm trying to stay calm, but all the dominoes are lined up here for a total catastrophe. Thankfully, I know Bill Belichick isn't letting anything get into his head and I know he'll have the troops raring to go.

You're just weird.

BB52Big.jpg

You're just weird.

Great point. Anything else to add about the NFL playoffs? :rolleyes:

Nice pass Vick!

Ha!

Assuming you're talking about the late INT, the Packers were lucky no Eagles were 1) close enough and 2) smart enough to do a Meachem on the DB, who seemed to think the play was over when he went down in the end zone. Could've been a truly epic playoff disaster for Green Bay.

GYI0059085402_crop_450x500.jpg?1260293908

"Could've been their year"? They destroyed a few teams, but also won games (*cough Giants cough*) that they had no business winning, didn't show up against Minnesota, and just were too inconsistent all year. Well, actually, the defense was consistently bad, so I take that last part back. It could have been their year if 1) this was one of those magic seasons where they caught all of the breaks and eeked out every game that they shouldn't win, or 2) if there was a great story like Jerome Bettis going back to his hometown to play his last game and the NFL rigged it for them. I did kinda think that maybe #1 was happening, but I guess not.

Have had some fun with that Eagles comeback. One of the supes at work is a rabid Giants fan. Used a bad old Saints joke and asked if he'd heard the news that the Giants were moving to the Philippines and would be renamed the Manila Folders. Then after the Saints-Seahawks disaster, told him the problem was that the Saints had been studying film of the Giants' D. Fortunately he's good-natured about it. :P

As a Saints fan, I will make no excuses. Seattle outplayed us plain and simple. I will not, for a moment, denounce my love for the New Orleans Saints. It may hurt my throat and my heart to enunciate this but...

WHO DAT?! WHO DAT?! WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA THEM SAINTS? WHO DAT?! WHO DAT?!

Though to be honest, the Colts' loss and 10 shots of tequila definitely softened the blow. :wink:

Right with you. They'll be back, though just read yesterday that they'll have 28 unrestricted free agents this off-season. That'll be interesting.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived