New Marlins Uniforms?

xTr1pleXx

"Wasting away again in Margaritaville... Doot doo doo doo doot doo..."

Well, just to be fair, Landshark Lager is brewed mostly for Margaritaville resturants...

marlinslandshark2.jpg

Not sure about that, come to Florida and you can find Landshark at about any store that sells beer.

Hell, up here in Maine it's sold in most stores.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Wasting away again in Margaritaville... Doot doo doo doo doot doo..."

Well, just to be fair, Landshark Lager is brewed mostly for Margaritaville resturants...

marlinslandshark2.jpg

Not sure about that, come to Florida and you can find Landshark at about any store that sells beer.

Same for California, good stuff too.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

I think the new Marlins logo minus the M could be a good cap logo IMO.

Posted yesterday

It has the appearance of a cheap corporate giveaway.

how about adding "Cabo Retreat 2012" to balance the logo out?

Ah that made my day.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It sounds like I may be in the minority, but I dig this. It's innovative and really gives the whole package some character. The oversimplified marlin is a small downfall, but the multicolored M (given all the clues) is executed the best is can.

Also, that new Miami font looks similar to the Miami Dolphins' endzones.

Is this close to the Miami wordmark?

looks good, but it'd look better IMO with the Marlin coming off of the I as well.

No that's overkill and even the designers of this garbage would know that. You don't need more than the one.

More than one what?

Marlin.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

The Marlin can't really exist without the M. For the reasons already mentioned (the tail for example) and also just because of how "corporate" it looks. It sort of works when combined with the M, but they'll need a modified version to really work as a stand-alone alt. Will wait for full package.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gay jokes? Really?

MOD EDIT: Let's avoid all manner of "bashing", regardless of whether it targets race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

MOD EDIT: Back to discussing the merits of the logo or we'll simply shut this thread down. Is that clear enough for everyone? Thanks in advance.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Gay jokes? Really?

MOD EDIT: Let's avoid all manner of "bashing", regardless of whether it targets race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

MOD EDIT: Back to discussing the merits of the logo or we'll simply shut this thread down. Is that clear enough for everyone? Thanks in advance.

MOD EDIT: Enough.

Yeah... I think that's quite enough with the gay jokes, thanks. It wasn't funny the first time.

Likewise the racist jabs.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

SME did some decent work back in the late 90's but I'm pretty sure all those people are gone and the firm has been under new management for quite some time. So I believe it's a completely different company than the one that did a lot of the old rebranding work you would know them for in the past.

No, not completely different.

Ed O'Hara - a founding partner of SME Design - has guided the company for 23 years. Back in the 1990s, Mr. O'Hara was Principal/Executive Vice President of Design. Today, he's Senior Partner and Chief Creative Officer for SME Branding.

Archived