NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... I haven't been following this thread too closely. Needless to say this info has not really been seen around much by me, so I'll document it here. On jetsowner's forums theres 2 people who are claiming to have seen the Winnipeg Jets jerseys and are corroborating each other on what they've seen... Heres the jist of that thread plus some other tidbits:

-----

EIC of THN; July 5 @JKTHN: Hearing new Jets logo may be out in a couple weeks., the jersey not until camp time. Don't expect the new jersey to resemble the old one...

-----

GoMoose, posted July 5 I asked Ken Wiebe (Winnipeg Sun writer) about the colors etc. this is what he wrote back.

"Chipman said colour scheme similar, logo completely different" and "I'm sure colours will be sharp"

-----

Jetshooligan, posted July 5 I have a strong source. A family member is part owner of a local garment factory that had the Manitoba moose contract for merch / other items. They did some of the hats, jackets, tshirts, baby cloths etc. He used to have a contract with the jets as well. He told me last week that he was told they will have the logo to him within the next three weeks, because they need to get it to reebok in time to manufacture and ship for season start. Official Jersey's are made in Indonesia by the way. They told him new logo, similar colour scheme...so that would reiterate what "gomoose" commented above the Ken Wiebe said.

-----

Vrx, posted July 5 The colours are red, blue, silver, with a bit of white. The logo looks very similar to the Canadian Airforce logo.

-----

Anonymouslurker, July 7 After having seen the logo, it is VERY similar to the one posted in the link below. The Jet will be two-toned silver (one half dark grey, the other a lighter) and the outer circle will not have words in it, and will be both blue and silver. Also, the top of the outer circle will have a triangle missing in the middle.*

The secondary emblems are way off, and I have not seen jerseys yet, just the two logos.

(In reference to: http://www.puckdrawn.com/photos/winnipeg_contest/winnipegjets_chootoi.png)

----

Vrx, July 8

"Anonymouslurker The secondary emblems are way off, and I have not seen jerseys yet, just the two logos."

This is exactly what I have seen as well. It looks awesome.

The shoulder patch is two hockey sticks crossed over with airforce wings, a canadian maple leaf, and Winnipeg (written in white above the leaf) Jets (written in white below the leaf). The images suggest it will be a blue (home) and white (away) colour scheme.

There are no chevrons like in the concept image here. There is also no lettering on the main crest. It's really well done. Simple but eye-catching with a traditional look.

-----

vrx; In reference to fan mockup of silver jet in white circle outlined by thick blue circle

The actual logo does have a similar, albeit less bare-bones look to it. There would be no point in withholding the image if I just went ahead and recreated it exactly so I will refrain from doing so. I think most fans will be happy with it. It is exactly the kind of thing I imagined: a smart redesigning of the logo using the original colours, with a splash of retro feel to it. It is also very similar to my favorite prototype design.

-----

Anonymouslurker, July 10 There is a maple leaf behind it, the outer ring is both blue and silver, and the "triangle hole" at the top is like a pyramid, and is only taken out of the inside colour.

-----

vrx, July 10

"SwimToTheMoon From the sounds of it, the missing triangle piece at the top of the logo sounds like an arrow from a compass, which could symbolize True "North"."

Ding ding ding!

It is very simple but it has a shield-like look to the leaf/jet. It is going to be a sweet looking jersey. No lettering on the main crest either.

-----

I'd love the new Preds unis, if:

- The shoulder patch was on both sleeves; and

- The white piping on the front and back only extended as far down as the navy inserts.

Outside of those issues, it looks really good when put together with the rest of the uniform. I hope there will be some exemptions to allow road teams to wear dark from time to time at Bridgestone.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They should have a reverse pred head for the helmet. Heads should always face forward.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd love the new Preds unis, if:

- The shoulder patch was on both sleeves; and

- The white piping on the front and back only extended as far down as the navy inserts.

Outside of those issues, it looks really good when put together with the rest of the uniform. I hope there will be some exemptions to allow road teams to wear dark from time to time at Bridgestone.

i agree. i thought maybe the piping would carry onto the pants like the blues...but no... just half a55ed. should have merged the piping into the horizontal lines

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I can't look at the preds jerseys without thinking of, "I invented the piano key neck-tie. What have you done?!?! Nothing! You've all done nothing!"

The piano will be hard to see when the player is wearing it, but I could've done without it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I can't look at the preds jerseys without thinking of, "I invented the piano key neck-tie. What have you done?!?! Nothing! You've all done nothing!"

The piano will be hard to see when the player is wearing it, but I could've done without it.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Little disappointed that there's a maple leaf in the Jets logo. Canada needs to get over the maple leaf, I'm sorry, especially when there's a really popular team called the Maple Leafs. I suppose that Peace Tower secondary that the Senators had was pretty cool, though.

Predators home games are gonna be a bitch to watch if they're yellow vs. white. Conversely, Preds yellow against Blackhawks red or anyone anything would be pretty vibrant, though not enough to make me enjoy watching the perpetual fourthlineness of the Nashville Predators.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Depressing how close to perfection that yellow Nashville Jersey is... Why is that arch piping even necessary? If they got rid of that and put the guitar pick on both shoulders you'd have perfection.

Jets logo sounds like it's going to look great. Thank god they aren't resurrecting that awful 90's logo...

Jets logo sounds like a winner.

I don't like the Nashville home jerseys.

...I love them.

Same thoughts here. Can't wait to see the Jets logo and the Nashville jerseys look a lot better in these pictures than the leaks earlier.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm hyped about seeing the new Jets logo. By the descriptions given, it sounds like the full package is going to look amazing! I wonder if they will use a blue jersey/red shorts/blue socks like the old team or will they be all blue? And let them have a few retro nights as well.

I love the way the jets look is shaping up, but it leaves a hole as to what Columbus will do. I have a feeling that they will need to change their look and soon, considering they'll be in the same division eventually.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I love the way the jets look is shaping up, but it leaves a hole as to what Columbus will do. I have a feeling that they will need to change their look and soon, considering they'll be in the same division eventually.

Their alts were a miss. They may change their look, but I can't see them using the alts full-time.

Little disappointed that there's a maple leaf in the Jets logo. Canada needs to get over the maple leaf, I'm sorry, especially when there's a really popular team called the Maple Leafs. I suppose that Peace Tower secondary that the Senators had was pretty cool, though.

The maple leaf really isn't overused in the NHL though. Toronto uses it, obviously, but that's it. Ottawa no longer uses the leaf/Peace Tower logo. Montreal and Vancouver could get away with using leaves given the team names, but they don't. Calgary and Edmonton don't.

The Jets using the leaf in the style hinted at makes sense. The logo's a callback to the RCAF/CFAC roundel. Air force? Jets? The context makes the use of the leaf ok.

Archived