Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a little too photorealistic--you'd never be able to render that blur effect adequately for vector design--but having a big fractal thunderbolt over palm trees is a pretty darn good idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Screenshot2011-01-31at73313PM.png

How has no one pointed out this little cuff detail yet?

That's only on the jerseys they are going to send out to season ticket holders. I don't think it will be on the players jerseys.

It's a microchip so that the team can know when season ticket holders attend the game and they can be used for discounts on concessions and merchandise.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

TA-DA, the new TB Lightning Logos that were unveiled today. Simple & Clean IMO - I hope our TB fans like 'em. Chris Creamer also has them posted on the Logo Site.

Crest

tblnewlogo.jpg

Do you have a version of that logo with the white lightning bolt inside the blue circle. As it appears on the blue home jersey?

The Catch of the Day!

That's only on the jerseys they are going to send out to season ticket holders. I don't think it will be on the players jerseys.

It's a microchip so that the team can know when season ticket holders attend the game and they can be used for discounts on concessions and merchandise.

Smart way to get fans to wear their jerseys to the game.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My sloppy take:

tampabay.jpg

Put a stroke on the logo and you're golden.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The problem that I have with the new logo is that it's a modern looking logo (asymmetrical oval) in two colours trying to be classic. It doesn't mesh well. It's just screaming for the addition of black and/or silver.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You don't rip off the New York Yankees or the Boston Celtics or any other historic franchise. The Leafs fall into that category.

You wouldn't say their own city-mates ripped off the Yankees with their redesign?

They later added a few things to make it less Yankee-ish, but especially the initial RAYS reveal was basically Yankees farm club level.

Truthfully, I'd encourage them to put it in every retail jersey for the same discounts... would kind of gut the counterfeit market, as there's no way they're getting a working version of the chip.

About the look, and I'm not even a hockey fan, so my point might not be valid, but had these had the lighting bolt from the jersey (or :censored:, from the microchip) as a shorts stripe, and the victory stripes, this would easily be an overall upgrade. As it is... slight upgrade.

Truthfully, I'd encourage them to put it in every retail jersey for the same discounts... would kind of gut the counterfeit market, as there's no way they're getting a working version of the chip.

About the look, and I'm not even a hockey fan, so my point might not be valid, but had these had the lighting bolt from the jersey (or :censored:, from the microchip) as a shorts stripe, and the victory stripes, this would easily be an overall upgrade. As it is... slight upgrade.

Yeah victory stripes and a bolt on the pants would have done a lot for me.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Victory stripes are the dumbest idea that anyone ever had for a hockey uniform.

They should really add some kind of "electric" color to this, like Orlando Thunder green or Oregon yellow. Not much, but maybe just on the bolt and pants bolt. As it is, it's just dull. I really don't think that monochrome really looks good for hockey uniforms, one of the reasons that I'm glad the flyers returned to orange.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think victory stripes are an amazing idea.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's not bad except for the logo. It's too simple. They should have kept the Tampa Bay wordmark for the home as well. I think they should have kept the black and silver in their colour scheme but just make it so the white and blue popped more on the home if was to be black, like their original jerseys. Otherwise their current 3rds would have been a suitable replacement. I still don't understand why they are releasing them in the middle of the season though. Is the current stuff not selling at all?

Archived