Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

Fantastic news! Now my team will only play like crap instead of looking like it.

Now, now.

I'm not getting too excited just yet.

They could find a way to :censored: this up too, unless they re-do the white helmet uniform of the early 80s.

You mean ...

joecribbs.jpg

ape-cribbs-joe-8x10.jpg

Agreed. Their best look.

Packers-2.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally hope they stick with the red helmet, because I've always related the Bills with the red helmet/blue jersey look. Very unique and striking, plus there are too many teams already employing a white helmet (including 2 other teams in their own division), and surprisingly few teams have a red helmet. I'd like to see an updated Marv Levy-era look. Those were the days of their dynasty after all.

The current helmet logo will continue to be the logo. just look at the splash picture on buffalobills.com

That doesn't mean anything to me.

Are you saying that in your opinion, them using that logo there doesn't mean it will be on the helmet, or are you saying that you don't know what a splash picture is? If it's the latter, he means go to buffalobills.com. The Bills' "Charging Buffalo" logo is on that first page before you actually "enter the site." That page is called a "splash page." So it's somewhat likely that if they're prominently using that logo on their new uniform announcement, it will continue to be prominent in their identity.

The current helmet logo will continue to be the logo. just look at the splash picture on buffalobills.com

This line in the announcement was also a hint...

===

The new uniforms will incorporate the teams storied history while keeping the teams signature charging buffalo logo.

===

^_^

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This line in the announcement also a hint...

===

The new uniforms will incorporate the team?s storied history while keeping the team?s signature charging buffalo logo.

===

^_^

Yeah, but that is the same crap they said in 2002 because "We used to kinda use nickel for a year or two, and we never used navy, but we had though about it before. But hey, the helmet is (almost) the same!"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Please don't give us another lazy reintroduced throwback uniform set, Bills. I'd like to see a team create a new original look from scratch for once.

That's what their current (now former) uniforms are. And that didn't work out to well for them.

I'm hoping for something along the lines of what SMU uses (basically Buffalo's throwback look).

3282096.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

I realize that, but just because their current set is a completely new idea that failed doesn't mean the Bills can't come up with a better original idea.

For a team without a really good look in its history, I'd agree with you.

But the Bills do, and that history should be their future.

I always thought this was their best look. If they come close to this (maybe make the helmet white), I'd be satisfied.

Buffalo84.gif

Throw the Champion numbers as previously mentioned by others on, and that's a winner. Maybe a small wordmark, too. There's something about that red helmet, white jersey, blue pants look that is really appealing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

For a team without a really good look in its history, I'd agree with you.

But the Bills do, and that history should be their future.

IMO, the Bills haven't had a really good look ever. They went from looking like the Lions briefly to looking like the Patriots briefly to looking like the Giants to looking like a CFL team. The Bills drastically need a look that is uniquely theirs.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

They never looked like the Patriots. The Patriots were the red jersey team while they were the blue jersey team. They've never looked like the Giants. The Giants were the blue helmet team, they were the red helmet team.

Their best look was in their Super Bowl years. IMO of course. I know it's "boring", but I would be elated if they went back to it. That's what an NFL uniform looks like to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They never looked like the Patriots. The Patriots were the red jersey team while they were the blue jersey team. They've never looked like the Giants. The Giants were the blue helmet team, they were the red helmet team.

Their best look was in their Super Bowl years. IMO of course. I know it's "boring", but I would be elated if they went back to it. That's what an NFL uniform looks like to me.

They did look like the Giants a little bit. Like someone else said earlier in the thread, during the Super Bowl years their jersey and pants were almost identical to the Giants.

jNTsTyQ.png

Obviously they legally couldn't look exactly the same during those periods, so some color-swapping was done, but they basically looked as similar as they possibly could to those two teams without risking a lawsuit.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

good to hear, im excited to see what they come up with. the red helmet is very unique, hard to give up that color, but i wouldnt mind seeing a white one or even blue. even if they just bring back a white helmet throwback i think it would be great. hopefully we'll see something during the nfl draft

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

They did look like the Giants a little bit. Like someone else said earlier in the thread, during the Super Bowl years their jersey and pants were almost identical to the Giants.

But they always played with red helmets and socks. I never mistook the Bills for the giants during that period.

Obviously they legally couldn't look exactly the same during those periods, so some color-swapping was done, but they basically looked as similar as they possibly could to those two teams without risking a lawsuit.

Any similarity is because of accident and the limited number of ways you could stripe a football uniform at that time. In the 60's, 70's, and 80's there was only so much you could do with red white and blue as your team colors. The Bills weren't copying anyone at the time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived