Why is NFL Network using this Chargers bolt in its draft coverage?

Jungle Jim

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a quick mock-up of the updated horse/shield logo in the current colour scheme.

fcanj8z9shiwxxhlro8r0azl8.png

This could definitely work. I like it.

Fixed that for you . . . assuming I read your mind correctly.

As for the logo, the update isn't bad for what you have to work with. However, I think the horse head in the original logo is horrible and would need to be scrapped in any update.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'd tend to agree. Although the body-armor look might be appropriate for a football team, it just clutters up the logo.

Just to get back to the "Raiders own shields" notion, I think the Chargers themselves disagree considering how much stuff they sell with their old logo. Heck, at the Mitchell & Ness site, 29 out of 36 Chargers items have the shield on them.

Here is a quick mock-up of the updated horse/shield logo in the current colour scheme.

As for the logo, the update isn't bad for what you have to work with. However, I think the horse head in the original logo is horrible and would need to be scrapped in any update.

LOL, thanks man.

LOL, thanks man.

Come to think of it, this could be used defiantly . . . as in defying the Raiders and Broncos by using a shield and horse.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As a Charger fan, I like the helmet's lightning bolt logo as the primary logo. It's by far their identifiable mark. It's been consistent on their helmets throughout their history (albeit in different colors), and the uniform shoulders and pants now includes a similar looking bolt.

I'm just glad TV and print graphics now always use the bolt logo instead of the full helmet like they used to.

The bolt by itself looks so wispy and insubstantial. Look at all the space it doesn't use when you put it next to other logos. They gotta use some sort of take on the charging horse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They could just use the new Lightning logo. It's not like it's very specific to the TBL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My problem with this horse/shield Charger mockup is although I know it's battle gear the horse is wearing on it's face, it makes this seem like a minor league hockey logo. Looks like the horse is wearing an old time goalie mask.

That doesn't look like a Jason mask at all to me. Luckily, the bolt immediately identifies it not as a minor-league hockey team but as the San Diego Chargers, whose brand is probably more recognized in the U.S. than any hockey team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a long-time Charger fan, I will NEVER embrace a logo that incorporate key elements of not one but 2 Division rivals: horse (Broncos) and shield (Raiders).

The simple Charger bolt has always been my favorite. It's simple, clean and uniquely says "Chargers".

Any secondary should incorporate a bolt and leave it simple.

As a long-time Charger fan, I will NEVER embrace a logo that incorporate key elements of not one but 2 Division rivals: horse (Broncos) and shield (Raiders).

As a long-time Chargers fan you would know the Chargers incorporated the shield before the Raiders, and used the Horse in their primary logo at least at the same time as Denver although it shared the stage with the football player:

MHR_Gameday_Logo_AFL.png

Has it occurred to anyone else how goofy this logo is for a team called the Broncos? To have a guy breaking you so non-chalantly that he's calmly picking his teeth doesn't say much about your ferocity, does it? :wacko:

broncos.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Has it occurred to anyone else how goofy this logo is for a team called the Broncos? To have a guy breaking you so non-chalantly that he's calmly picking his teeth doesn't say much about your ferocity, does it? :wacko:

broncos.jpg

To me, it looks like he's pulling off his mustache hair.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived