Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

Sandusky worked out at a local gym this morning with his lovely wife.

Hopefully in a few months Sandusky's workout will be running away from 30-someodd guys with shanks and working up a sweat fending off convicted killers who are looking to add another dead pedophile to their resume.

Speaking of Mrs. Sandusky, her ass needs to be convicted too. She knew. She had to know.

You're not married, are you?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 92.3 The Fan this morning, I was listening to Kylie and Booms (as long as I could stand since they both have pretentious, nazzelly voices) and one of the two made a good point. The Baylor basketball team underwent a scandal with an "alleged" murder where 2 players, the coach, and AD all covered it up, but Baylor didn't receive any sort of stern penalty. The U is probably going to suffer the death penalty for kids taking money, hookers, gifts, etc.

When it comes to the NCAA... where is their jurisdiction? Where are their moral limits? Do you cite the death penalty for getting some free gifts, some fresh ink, or a hooker on the side? Or should a school suffer the death penalty for these horrible acts (murder and molestation)?

Is the NCAA completely delusional or do they have the right idea? I guess I understand how gifts, tatts, and hookers can bring more recruits in (unfair on the field of play) where is molestation and murder SHOULD drive recruits away. I'm conflicted on the whole issue of the NCAA's role from here on out.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Sandusky worked out at a local gym this morning with his lovely wife.

Hopefully in a few months Sandusky's workout will be running away from 30-someodd guys with shanks and working up a sweat fending off convicted killers who are looking to add another dead pedophile to their resume.

Speaking of Mrs. Sandusky, her ass needs to be convicted too. She knew. She had to know.

You're not married, are you?

I was, but I didn't have a bed in the basement dedicated to housing potential little boys to rape. I'm pretty sure my wife would've figured that one out pretty goddamn quick.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Allow me to introduce an integral part of our legal system to you, since you seem to have forgotten it:

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

As heinous as that crime is, for all we know, these folks might have just been slandering their names to make money...now if he's convicted, THEN we open the legal can of whoop-ass...but not before.

bYhYmxh.png

Allow me to introduce an integral part of our legal system to you, since you seem to have forgotten it:

As heinous as that crime is, for all we know, these folks might have just been slandering their names to make money...now if he's convicted, THEN we open the legal can of whoop-ass...but not before.

Fair enough, but it's hard to imagine that all 40 counts were either "misunderstandings" or "money grabs."

BB52Big.jpg

Now that Paterno has announced his resignation, he should go to the BIG TEN board of governors and request that Penn State withdraw from The BIG TEN Conference EFfective July 2, 2012 and return as an independent school until the NCAA sees Penn State as fit and redeemed!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Fair enough, but it's hard to imagine that 40 counts were all "misunderstandings" or "money grabs."

That was 40 counts based on the 9 victims that came forward up until last night. A lot has changed since last night. There is now anywhere from 20-24 victims that have come forward. I would have to think that those 40 misunderstandings is going to shoot up... but I'm no law expert.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'll start now, thanks. I read the grand jury report compiled over a 3 year investigation headed by the district attorney.

Also, this is absolutely not making anyone any money. Happy Valley is going to be so crippled by lawsuits and their football cash cow so impacted that they could easily lose billions of dollars.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

True about Sanduslky, not about Paterno and the rest. They found out that Sandusky "allegedly" raped little boys, and they either ignored it or covered it up. That is indisputable fact. They all need to be fired and punished immediately. The courts can decide Sandusky's fate, but everyone else involved doesn't have that luxury. Any adult should (at the very least) report a child rape to the police immediately, and probably should beat the guy to within an inch of his life if necessary to stop him from raping the child right then. Whether it's a false report or not, they had the responsibility to let the police decide.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Interestingly, that only applies to Sandusky. Wouldn't let Paterno, Curley and the others for failing to follow up on the allegations.

EDIT: Ah, hell. Roman beat me to it.

Sally Jenkins in yesterday's Washington Post

From the column:

Try to forgive Joe Paterno: When he looked at Jerry Sandusky, he didn't see a dirty old man in a raincoat. He saw a friend, a close colleague, and a churchy do-gooder. He saw a nice guy. You'd have seen the same thing. Think not? You think you can see a clear-cut difference between an alleged child molester and a youth coach? How exactly? By the hunchback and the M-shaped scar on his forehead that says, "I'm a molester"?

It's sorely tempting to assign Paterno chief blame in the Penn State case, to say that he should have seen Sandusky for what he allegedly was. Unfortunately, the truth is, youth coaches from California to Rhode Island have molested children at every level, sandlot to USA Swimming, and we hardly ever recognize the pervert. We usually shake his hand.

"We would prefer he have some kind of trait," former FBI agent Ken Lanning says. "That he be ugly or pockmarked so we can say, 'Oooh, look out for him.'"

Make no mistake, there is deep guilt to be assigned at Penn State, and we will get to that in a minute, to the utterly negligent behavior of university president Graham Spanier and his underlings Gary Schultz and Tim Curley. But first we have to realize that we all have trouble believing that mentors could be molesters.

According to Lanning, who spent 35 years profiling pedophiles, a hallmark of "acquaintance molesters" is that they tend to be deeply trusted and even beloved. They are not strangers, but "one of us." They are expert at seducing children and are almost as expert at seducing adults, including parents, into believing in them.

"How do we say to kids, 'The only way these people differ is, they will be nicer to you than most adults?'" Lanning says. "They will listen to you, and shower you with attention and kindness, and so I want you to watch out for this evil bastard.'"

Until we rid ourselves of the myth of the "predator" in the raincoat preying on angelic victims, our discernment will continue to be clouded, says Lanning, who wrote a Justice Department-sponsored manual, "Child Molesters: A Behavioral Analysis." And so will our judgment.

With that in mind, now let's start again. If Sandusky is guilty of molesting, how do we parcel out the responsibility and decide what was preventable? Who should have recognized him, and how?

"Whether it's the Catholic Church, the Boy Scouts, USA Swimming, or Little League, you look at these groups and say, why do they keep screwing this up?" Lanning asks.

According to the "acquaintance molester" profile, it's probably a mistake to place all of the blame on Paterno personally. Paterno was perhaps in the worst position to see or judge the alleged behavior, because Sandusky was his valued assistant from 1966-1999.

"It's hard to identify those people close to you as a potential molester, because you know them so well," Lanning says. No one wants to believe such a thing of a friend.

Which is exactly why someone at Penn State's institutional level should have done better. It was the responsibility of Paterno's more dispassionate superiors Spanier, Schultz and Curley to take a much colder-eyed, distanced organizational view of Sandusky's alleged behavior. Instead, they failed all along the line.

She makes a great point all around, I think Spanier needs to go too.

Great post DFwabel, and well done tank for a rare moment of compassion.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think she's far too lenient on Paterno.

Yes, others deserve blame. Maybe more than he does. But he received an eyewitness account of a rape, a child rape no less, and failed to do anything more than mention it to his boss.

He obviously believed the eyewitness, since he wouldn't keep a vicious liar around on his staff. So accepting the eyewitness account, Paterno still failed to do anything when the rapist kept bringing little boys around to the University's facilities.

Paterno wanted his position of authority, he accepted his position of authority, fought to keep his authority, then abdicated that authority when the victims needed most to use it.

I'll start now, thanks. I read the grand jury report compiled over a 3 year investigation headed by the district attorney.

There is much more to the grand jury here than there was for the McMartin abuse trial in the 1980's. most importantly his own admission that he did shower with the boys and when asked if he touched the groin area of victim 6 police heard him say, "I don't think so...maybe"

Fair enough, but it's hard to imagine that all 40 counts were either "misunderstandings" or "money grabs."

I read the 23 page grand jury report. There were 7 victims in it. If 7 different people have similar stories over a several year period, you did something rapey. People who don't rape little boys don't get accused by 7 different people that they raped them.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I think she's far too lenient on Paterno.

Yes, others deserve blame. Maybe more than he does. But he received an eyewitness account of a rape, a child rape no less, and failed to do anything more than mention it to his boss.

He obviously believed the eyewitness, since he wouldn't keep a vicious liar around on his staff. So accepting the eyewitness account, Paterno still failed to do anything when the rapist kept bringing little boys around to the University's facilities.

Paterno wanted his position of authority, he accepted his position of authority, fought to keep his authority, then abdicated that authority when the victims needed most to use it.

McQuery was an eye witness and he followed the chain of command...if anyone should have took it to the police it should have been him.

spacer.png

The moment it was discovered that Sandusky transported victims across state lines, the FBI should've stormed the facilities and the homes of anyone involved snatching hard drives, files, paperwork, photographs, etc. You gotta know that the rivers around Happy Valley are shepherding mountains of destroyed evidence that these officials have had time to vacate since nobody has taken immediate action against this.

Also in other tragic news, Tim Curley will no longer be the 2011 Nation’s Top College Athletics Administrator award winner. What a shame.

My friend Julie DiCaro of Aerys Sports is a lucrative Chicago attorney and happens to run a impressive sports blog network. She wrote a pretty interesting article about this detailing the legal Q & A pertaining to the Sandusky nastiness.

http://aeryssports.com/kitchen-sink/youve-got-legal-questions-about-penn-state-ive-got-answers/

twitter

According to the report, Paterno really didn't do anything wrong. It's a shame that perhaps the most illustrious coach in the history of college football should be forced into retirement.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

According to the report, Paterno really didn't do anything wrong. It's a shame that perhaps the most illustrious coach in the history of college football should be forced into retirement.

sisko-facepalm.jpg

If you had even an inkling of a potential child molester/rapist being on your campus, much less have free reign to facilities, and you do nothing, how can you not be charged at the least with criminal negligence?

But since he's a great football coach we'd better handle this slowly and delicately, let's be sure we get him a parade while we're at it. Paterno should be lucky retirement is the only thing he's facing.

twitter

Joe Paterno has always made me smile, I have long been a fan of his and he seemed to do everything right. This was just a huge lapse of judgement, but he was not alone rthe entire University is to blame. This is an obvious black mark on his career and will be the sad epithat to what was a great career. He does only have himself to blame, but the real :censored: is Sandusky and to put this all on Paterno for the cover up is wrong its the whole University's fault. Paterno should be allowed to finish the season which is almost over any way and Penn State should turn down any bowl invite, and than the school can begin the long hard clensing process. Like I said not just the Athletic Department should be turned upside down, but the whole university from the top down.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived