NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

...so if a vendor like nike or reebok can put a convincing business case together that an annual one-off uniform would provide incremental merchandise revenue with little or no risk to brand dilution...

This is pretty much a complete paradox of impossibility, which is why I don't think you'll ever see one-offs in the NFL. Some teams might end up wearing crazy Nike designs like Denver did, but don't expect one-offs.

why not?..I bet you thought the nfl would never allow same color pants/socks, pants w/o stripes, alternate jerseys or monochrome combos...

Teams have been wearing same color pants/socks, pants w/o stripes, alternate jerseys and monochrome combos since the 1920s. The difference is, league revenue wasn't driven by merchandising or television then, so dilution of brand was apples compared to the oranges it is today.

In response to an earlier post, digging in the past for one-offs is completely different than inventing a brand new one-off. It's a history lesson, if you will, and learning something new about where we came from is never a bad thing.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on Nike Football's facebook page...

Panthersleak.jpg

The chin is bugging me, but the rest of it is a great update.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Look at the post above, it has a new carolina panthers logo! It's hard to tell it but zoom in close and then compare it to the current logo. There is more blue on the face and the eyes and teeth are more simplified. Interesting...

Beat me to it lol.

maxmarketingsmalllogocopy2-1-1.jpg

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Just posted to Nike footballs facebook.

Some look cool, but others just aren't going to look right. I wish Nike would have used alternate logos on some. For example teams like the Redskins, Steelers, Browns, Vikings, and even the Jets will look bad unless the players have their hands perfectly positioned like the promo pic. Those logos are just too detailed I think. Why not use the dog logo for Cleveland, R logo for Washington, horn or V for Minnesota.

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Just posted to Nike footballs facebook.

I never realized the Eagles are the only team to have their logo facing the other direction.

The back of the eagle's head makes an "E", so that would seem to be the reason for that anomaly...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Not to take the attention away from the massive Panthers leak, but the aqua in the Dolphins logo is significantly lighter than the normal shade. It is more in line with the 70's-89 color. Maybe it is nothing, but you never know!

comparison.png

I actually thought the same thing when I first saw it too and I hope that it's true. The Dolphin's gloves were one of my favorites because of it.

spacer.png

Not to take the attention away from the massive Panthers leak, but the aqua in the Dolphins logo is significantly lighter than the normal shade. It is more in line with the 70's-89 color. Maybe it is nothing, but you never know!

comparison.png

I actually thought the same thing when I first saw it too and I hope that it's true. The Dolphin's gloves were one of my favorites because of it.

Everything I've seen has been the same. The Seahawks have a color tweak from the Fog color back to Grey. I'm pleased to see that throughout most of the process, there has been a lot more emphasis on the lime green for the Seahawks...

Archived