College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

protoype of GT helmet:

293137_409840609064789_1775682848_n.jpg

But Yellow Jackets aren't bees....I think its tacky. As much as I hate Tech, the old gold helmets are much better than this crap.

Exactly...they live in the ground. This helmet makes no sense.

Duke did a similar ticket book this year too.

Ok, so my family has gotten our Northwestern season tickets for the upcoming season, and rather than just sending out the tickets as they've done in decades past, they sent out a customized "handbook"

It's a really well done, really in depth package that just shows the new level of commitment AD Jim Phillips is providing the football program, and in turn the whole athletics department. Combine this with the pervasive ad campaign across the city and the $300-400M athletic facility improvements reportedly coming down the pipe, and I like where this program is headed.

The instructions on how to be a sports fan seem a little redundant and the information on/for boosters is a bit strange, but the rest is pretty first class.

(There were other pages but they were either redundant or ads, coupons...)

All sensitive information, aside from my father's name, has been redacted.

TCU did something very similar this year. May even be the same company. I know TCU has used a company in Arkansas to print tickets in the past.

304691_10100584365967803_2119114163_n.jpg

You cant even call them stripes on UCLA's uniforms. There more like incomplete shoulder patches. Aside from that, I like UCLA's home uniform, but idk how to feel about the navy on the road. I say go back to the light blue on the roads, make the navy a one-off per season type deal, fix the sleeve stripes, get rid of Tech-Fit & its a winning set.

I would say that they are an homage to shoulder stripes.:therock:

savedpictures013-1.jpg

protoype of GT helmet:

I think I want it to be the other way around, so that the body of the helmet is still gold, and maybe even better if the pattern was more subtle. I'll have to check it in action I guess.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

protoype of GT helmet:

But Yellow Jackets aren't bees....I think its tacky. As much as I hate Tech, the old gold helmets are much better than this crap.

Yes it does. This is a Yellow Jacket nest:

800px-TwoYearNest.jpg

And that looks exactly like the helmet?

Anyhow, maybe there are types of yellow jackets that make nests with internal honeycomb shaping...but I didn't think so. Nor do they make honey.

protoype of GT helmet:

800px-TwoYearNest.jpg

Anyhow, maybe there are types of yellow jackets that make nests with internal honeycomb shaping...but I didn't think so. Nor do they make honey.

Stop arguing against facts. Yellow Jackets make comb nests. There's nothing exclusively 'honey' about the comb pattern on the helmet, a comb is just a structure.

800px-TwoYearNest.jpg

Oh my God, just seeing that makes my skin crawl.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

protoype of GT helmet:

800px-TwoYearNest.jpg

Stop arguing against facts. Yellow Jackets make comb nests. There's nothing exclusively 'honey' about the comb pattern on the helmet, a comb is just a structure.

^This. The pattern has absolutely nothing to do with honey, or bees for that matter. It's a hexagon, and that's what the 'nest tubes' or whatever they're supposed to be called look like. End of story.

I do think that the helmet would look better with a base of gold and black pattern lines, or even a really dark blue just to match. But it looks good to me.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Google image search yellow jacket comb and let me know if you still think the helmet makes no sense.

Just because you didn't understand it, doesn't mean there's no reasoning behind it.

atrapalosa_edited-1.jpg

I really thought the arguments about Oregon's uniforms were bad, but I swear we've hit a new low now arguing about whether or not bees, jackets, wasps make honeycomb nests. Whether they do or they don't, a honeycomb pattern is a visual image that people will recognize with those insects. Now can we move on?

I really thought the arguments about Oregon's uniforms were bad, but I swear we've hit a new low now arguing about whether or not bees, jackets, wasps make honeycomb nests. Whether they do or they don't, a honeycomb pattern is a visual image that people will recognize with those insects. Now can we move on?

But what do hornets/yellow jackets have to do with Navy?

Archived