College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. It was a joke, and not even directed at you. As an Illinoisan (I assume), you should know that NIU is a consistently good program. If you've ever rooted for Boise State, rooting for NIU is ideologically consistent.

2. No one is talking about NU or IU I just find it interesting that in a season where NIU is - probably - the best D1 football program in Illinois where as U of I might be the worst, a U of I fan took a shot at the perceived quality of NIU's program. Pot/kettle syndrome.

3. Illinois slipped into a BCS Rose Bowl they were embarrassed in because tOSU was in the National Championship and Michigan was in the bigger payout/better match-up Capitol One Bowl and the BCS didn't exist in 1995/96 when NU both won the B1G (which they've done 3 times in the last 20 years, as opposed to U of I's one title) and went to the Rose then the Citrus (Capitol One) Bowls.

4. Northwestern has won a bowl game.

5. Indiana is terrible at football so I would never belittle a better program in a worse conference - though there is a temptation with Ball State.

6. Cody Zeller.

1. It was a joke, and not even directed at you. As an Illinoisan (I assume), you should know that NIU is a consistently good program. If you've ever rooted for Boise State, rooting for NIU is ideologically consistent.

Yes, but they are small-time. Their only televised games are on Wednesday nights.

2. No one is talking about NU or IU I just find it interesting that in a season where NIU is - probably - the best D1 football program in Illinois where as U of I might be the worst, a U of I fan took a shot at the perceived quality of NIU's program. Pot/kettle syndrome.

I'm fine with NIU being better than U of I when they are having their best season ever and we're having one of our worst. We even beat them last year, a year in which we fired our coach and they won their conference. Outliers happen, this is one of those years.

3. Illinois slipped into a BCS Rose Bowl they were embarrassed in because tOSU was in the National Championship and Michigan was in the bigger payout/better match-up Capitol One Bowl and the BCS didn't exist in 1995/96 when NU both won the B1G (which they've done 3 times in the last 20 years, as opposed to U of I's one title) and went to the Rose then the Citrus (Capitol One) Bowls.

I'll take getting blown out in the Rose Bowl any day over winning the Capitol One Bowl. It's the Rose Bowl, it's the most prestigious bowl game outside the National Championship and the one game that Big Ten teams want to play in every year. I don't know how this is even relevant to NIU anyways.

One. In 1948.

5. Indiana is terrible at football so I would never belittle a better program in a worse conference - though there is a temptation with Ball State.

Ball State has a two-game winning streak against IU.

6. Cody Zeller.

Has lost just as many games as Illinois has this year, but this isn't a basketball thread. And I already said I liked NIU's uniforms for this game. I just wish they had red numbers instead of silver.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yes, but they are small-time. Their only televised games are on Wednesday nights.

I'm fine with NIU being better than U of I when they are having their best season ever and we're having one of our worst. We even beat them last year, a year in which we fired our coach and they won their conference. Outliers happen, this is one of those years.

I'll take getting blown out in the Rose Bowl any day over winning the Capitol One Bowl. It's the Rose Bowl, it's the most prestigious bowl game outside the National Championship and the one game that Big Ten teams want to play in every year. I don't know how this is even relevant to NIU anyways.

One. In 1948.

6. Cody Zeller.

Has lost just as many games as Illinois has this year, but this isn't a basketball thread. And I already said I liked NIU's uniforms for this game. I just wish they had red numbers instead of silver.

What he said.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

The biggest thing that bothers me that no one seemed to mention is how the numbers are essentially Nike's Blacksburg font, the one VT used on their Pro Combats and former uni set.....

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

This Duke/Cincy game is much better looking than the first game today. I think the Cincinnati helmets look pretty good, I just wish they would've gone with one logo/graphic instead of both.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

One. In 1948.

6. Cody Zeller.

What he said.

Perfect response.

This Duke/Cincy game is much better looking than the first game today. I think the Cincinnati helmets look pretty good, I just wish they would've gone with one logo/graphic instead of both.

Neither uniform in the first game were great on their own, but I thought it made for a great color match up. The close-up shots showed the flaws in each uniform, but just watching the gameplay the blue/gold against orange looked really good to me.

The Cincinnati helmets don't look as bad in action as they did earlier to me. Cincinnati's uniforms are still nothing special though. And I'm really glad Duke went with what I think is by far their best look. Those blue helmets are beautiful. I wouldn't have been surprised to see them break out either the black helmets or jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The biggest thing that bothers me that no one seemed to mention is how the numbers are essentially Nike's Blacksburg font, the one VT used on their Pro Combats and former uni set.....

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

I noticed that too, I just didn't think about mentioning it.

And man I am usually anti bfbs with a few exceptions, but boy were those nice. The number graphics were great! Love those!

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

And man I am usually anti bfbs with a few exceptions, but boy were those nice. The number graphics were great! Love those!

Add in the TxA&M beveling (my first thought) and it's spot on.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Add in the TxA&M beveling (my first thought) and it's spot on.

But that aspect is acceptable/believable since A&M is also an adidas school, but essentially using a proprietary Nike number font just seems lazy/poor design.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

yea number fonts get reused and recycled. in the grand scheme of things it dosent really matter as long as its personality fits the school. its not like half the stadium is sitting up there going "i cant believe they used THAT font!"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Dear Duke: show some class and please never wear black again. If you're going to wear something other than the proper white helmet, then stick to the blue as your only alternate.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived