College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

It's never been a uniform color, though, so yeah, it is BFBS. It's especially BFBS because (sorry to say it) Kentucky is a terrible program. They need gimmicks to recruit. Kentucky has no football tradition to fall back on. It's definitely a recruiting gimmick.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's never been a uniform color, though, so yeah, it is BFBS. It's especially BFBS because (sorry to say it) Kentucky is a terrible program. They need gimmicks to recruit. Kentucky has no football tradition to fall back on. It's definitely a recruiting gimmick.

The idea that someone would go to a school because of their uniform, as if that was the decisive factor, is just laughable to me.

And if it is a recruiting tactic, who cares? That's just something whiny fans say when they are mad a program they hate has done something cooler than the one they like.

phinslogo-2.png

The idea that someone would go to a school because of their uniform, as if that was the decisive factor, is just laughable to me.

Well, I agree with you but schools believe it works (so they use gimmicks like black uniforms) and so do people on here, despite the fact that schools with traditional uniforms dominate recruiting every year.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Mizzou will also be getting all new uniforms next season as well. I have yet to see any leaks or even any comments hinting to what might be coming up however.

There qb tweeted a pic back in december with some but idk how legit they were, seeing how they still had nike wings

Yea, that was Ashton Glaser, one of their backup QB's. This was the image:

mizzou+new+uniforms.jpg

I truly hope that it was just one of the many templates Nike sent to them to see what direction they wanted to go in. Honestly, the Fly Wire was ok when the first Pro Combats were released, but I'm not a fan of it. There was a video where Mike Alden (Mizzou's AD) was speaking about the uniforms. Here's the link if you haven't seen it already. (Skip ahead to about the 13:35 mark)

http://www.mutigers.com/allaccess/?media=291901

With them moving to the SEC next year, they're going to want to separate themselves from the other two Tigers (LSU, Auburn) and also I can see them ditching the block 'M' on the helmets not only because Mississippi State also has a block 'M', but more because the oval Tiger logo is the logo they have been promoting for the past few years as the mark of the school, so I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the primary on the helmets. Anyways, I'm really excited to see what they bring to the table.

Yeah I couldnt find the image or remember who posted it....But like I said that can't be it cus thats an old template

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Yeah I couldnt find the image or remember who posted it....But like I said that can't be it cus thats an old template

Just because it's an old template doesn't necessarily mean they won't use it. Baylor's pants, for example, are the same pants Cal has been using for several years.

I hope Kentucky brings these back a lot this year. I loved them.

UK-MSU-453-102911b.jpg

ky-black-bluepg-vertical.jpg

And Kentucky has frequently used black as a secondary color since just about always. So to say it comes out of nowhere for "recruiting sake" is ridiculous. Stop being delusional.

I don't know what world you're living in, but in this one, that up there does not qualify as 'using black as a secondary color.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Miami was the original Nike trendsetter, then it was Mizzou. Nike seems to have gone away from signature templates for teams, instead opting to create most teams' uniforms as a variation of the Pro Combat lineage of uniforms.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

UK-MSU-453-102911b.jpg

And Kentucky has frequently used black as a secondary color since just about always. So to say it comes out of nowhere for "recruiting sake" is ridiculous. Stop being delusional.

I don't know what world you're living in, but in this one, that up there does not qualify as 'using black as a secondary color.'

They are coming back with Black Helmets this year. I am looking forward to seeing that look!

spacer.png

Oh joy...

I guess they have to do something to divert attention from the lack of quality play on the field.

Oh joy...

I guess they have to do something to divert attention from the lack of quality play on the field.

Yeah, we missed going to a bowl this year for the first time in 6 years. It was kinda disappointing, but we have a lot of younger guys and it will all be good. But at least we have the #1 team in basketball. So who is your team? Illinois? Northwestern? Who is it?

spacer.png

UK-MSU-453-102911b.jpg

UK hasn't used black for the past few years until this last season and that was just on an alternate uni so it does kinda come out of nowhere. I think UK ought to drop the black and go with grey since they've actually used it on the unis for the last several seasons.

UK-MSU-453-102911b.jpg

UK hasn't used black for the past few years until this last season and that was just on an alternate uni so it does kinda come out of nowhere. I think UK ought to drop the black and go with grey since they've actually used it on the unis for the last several seasons.

Grey would not be bad, especially if it was like the new Elite Basketball uniforms Nike just introduced.

spacer.png

So since you're wearing black for a reason other than you think it's cool, it's not truly black for black's sake, right?

So since you're wearing black for a reason other than you think it's cool, it's not truly black for black's sake, right?

No, it's BFBS when there's no good reason for wearing it.

Kentucky's use of black is definitely BFBS. It's not really a recruiting tool as it is a tool to help keep the current players slightly happier while they are losing to the likes of florida, south carolina, and every other sec team each year. I don't mind it but i definitely recognize for what it is, a gimmick to generate some excitement among fans but mostly for the players. I think it looks pretty decent because they didn't completely drop the blue and white completely with the helmets and the shoulder patterns. Adding a black helmet is a big mistake in my opinion.

Wasn't Bear Bryant their coach at one point? I mean it's ancient, but to say they have no tradition?

I never really saw Mizzou as a Nike wonderchild. I always remembered the U, then Oregon. The Missouri teams I remember used the one cookie cutter template teams like Wyoming and Houston rock.

Which, I'm fairly certain, was created for Missouri.

I never really saw Mizzou as a Nike wonderchild. I always remembered the U, then Oregon. The Missouri teams I remember used the one cookie cutter template teams like Wyoming and Houston rock.

Which, I'm fairly certain, was created for Missouri.

The template just doesn't look good on any team. I guess Missouri would have to be the one thats only a bit tolerable, but Houston is terribe and Wyoming has one of the worst identities in the NCAA. It's party because of the use of different templates, including the Missou one, and bad colors.

Archived