2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

I was just looking at the helmet in the clue again and the Vikes definitely need to get that chainmail curtain thing going around the helmet's perimeter. Maybe they could print that mask on their visors too. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphin fans are slamming this thing on fb at a 99 to 1 ratio.

Most of FB is older people right now, anyway. You can't just keep giving them their maple and brown sugar oatmeal for so many years and then, one day, give them cinnamon and not expect a huge clustercuss to go down.

The new logo is fine.

I didn't say I was against the new logo. Quit basing your life on which social media is most relevant. Put on your headphones, crush some Four Lokos and talk :censored: to your buddies in your online Call of Duty whatever it's called. I'm suddenly into oatmeal, 'cause I'm old dammit.

What?! You got me WAAAAAY wrong! I wasn't knocking you at all. I was referring solely to the responders on Miami's FB page who were (rather senselessly) bashing the new logo. I was only quoting you because it was the most recent post on that matter. 1000 pardons for any miscommunication!

Look, no offense, but people who say things like this sound like pretentious "I'm so cool" a-holes. Just thought you'd like to know. All the negativity? It's not "older people," it's anybody with nothing better to do than bitch online. People with lives form an opinion, think "Hey, that's nice" or "God, that sucks" and either discuss it (like here) or just go on about their business without having to shout their opinions as if anyone gives two s**ts what they think.

If you want to see some real geniuses and all the unintended comedy you can stand, just read the comments following any news story (especially hot button topics). And as a previous poster noted, trying to reason with them is like trying to teach algebra to lizards.

Once again, please forgive me if I came off as an a-hole here. My sh___y metaphor must have had a much more facetious connotation when I typed it than when it was interpreted. I'm done with the (not so) funny. I just wanna keep talkin logos now.

I sure hope it isn't a grey or chrome helmet. That would be a quick way to ruin there idea of simplicity.

clue1o.jpg

This picture makes me 99% sure the new uniforms are going to suck. You don't need stripes that look like ship masts, scuffed-up helmets or any other viking-related crap for the uniforms, just go with, you know, a football uniform. Vertical stripes on the pants, maybe some sleeve or shoulder stripes. You know, normal stuff. If they need inspiration, the Vikings have worn a few very good uniforms in the past. Sublimated patterns of axes or whatever are totally amateurish and should be left in college. We don't need Nordic detailing on these jerseys any more than we need the Bears to have sublimated fur on theirs. It's a GD football team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Dolphin fans are slamming this thing on fb at a 99 to 1 ratio.

Most of FB is older people right now, anyway. You can't just keep giving them their maple and brown sugar oatmeal for so many years and then, one day, give them cinnamon and not expect a huge clustercuss to go down.

The new logo is fine.

My problem with this is that you assume that generations define taste. I'm a "child of the 90s," one of the most out-there decades when it comes to sports design, and I tend to prefer more traditional looks.

I have heard the helmet horns are the same as what we saw from 2006-2012 and that the changes to the helmet are a little darker purple and a gray facemask. So it's basically the "throwback" helmet with the "updated" horns I am guessing.

Purple chrome/metallic with gray facemask is my guess.

Has anyone been paying attention to all of the new trends of helmets in college!? My guess by retro and many would be a "flat" purple, not some super shiny purple.

You heard it here first, a darker purple MATTE helmet with current horns. (Give or take the gray face mask)

clue1o.jpg

This picture makes me 99% sure the new uniforms are going to suck. You don't need stripes that look like ship masts, scuffed-up helmets or any other viking-related crap for the uniforms, just go with, you know, a football uniform. Vertical stripes on the pants, maybe some sleeve or shoulder stripes. You know, normal stuff. If they need inspiration, the Vikings have worn a few very good uniforms in the past. Sublimated patterns of axes or whatever are totally amateurish and should be left in college. We don't need Nordic detailing on these jerseys any more than we need the Bears to have sublimated fur on theirs. It's a GD football team.

thi is why i dont show mood boards or visual research to clients. because 10 different people could look at the same 3 photos and interpret that 10 different ways into a design, so their expectations never match your vision. dont freak out just yet. we're looking at the very beginnings of conception here.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

What if the Dolphins helmet was just the "M" that old logo had for their entire existence?

Someone mentioned this before, and I think it could work. Unis would have to be totally old school though. Aqua jerseys, white #s with orange outline, big stripes on the arms & NO navy.

clue1o.jpg

Based on the headgear shown here, is it a Rutgers look as someone else posted but done in a purple tint and with horns?

Rutgers_Facebook_Side.jpg

So can riddell replicate that in a mini helmet? I care since I always have all 32 current mini helmets and set them up on my mantle in the nfl room each week by matchup.

Glad I'm not the only one haha I do the same exact thing

clue1o.jpg

Based on the headgear shown here, is it a Rutgers look as someone else posted but done in a purple tint and with horns?

Rutgers_Facebook_Side.jpg

So can riddell replicate that in a mini helmet? I care since I always have all 32 current mini helmets and set them up on my mantle in the nfl room each week by matchup.

Glad I'm not the only one haha I do the same exact thing

My uncle does that too

I have heard the helmet horns are the same as what we saw from 2006-2012 and that the changes to the helmet are a little darker purple and a gray facemask. So it's basically the "throwback" helmet with the "updated" horns I am guessing.

Purple chrome/metallic with gray facemask is my guess.

Has anyone been paying attention to all of the new trends of helmets in college!? My guess by retro and many would be a "flat" purple, not some super shiny purple.

You heard it here first, a darker purple MATTE helmet with current horns. (Give or take the gray face mask)

Yep, we have. Shiny Rutgets, Shiny Baylor, Shiny Oregon...

Interesting point. The Niners proposed helmet change was in the early 1990s, so the uproar in San Francisco must have been huge.

The other thing about the Niners helmet change is, how on earth could anyone think that was an upgrade?

They thought it was an upgrade for two reasons:

1) it downplayed the "San Francisco" element in their name in favor of a less-specific nickname; and

2) it was cutting-edge 1990s design, not a 1960s relic.

What they didn't realize at the time is that those were the reasons why it was actually a downgrade.

Archived