2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that image on the clues site is just a stock image. I think it's very safe to say gray/silver/anthracite is going to be a big player in this look based on the info about the Vikings (Clue 3). I'm doing a mockup that I'll post to concepts here in the next few hours.

The fact that they are showing us the research done behind the uniforms and what not, I think we are looking at a Seattle type change here.

With Jared Allen calling the new Vikings helmet "tough", I'm guessing it's a matte helmet. No chrome. No gleam. Just tough.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Any fan who stops supporting their team because they don't like a logo isn't a real fan...

I have been a Bengals fan since 1975 and will always be, but I have to admit that having to watch them in the current uniforms has been a distraction since 2004. It's sad when you want to wear a jersey to support your team or to hang on your wall, but you don't because they're so ugly. Still love the helmets, though.

based on info I received, helmet is white, Stripe is aqua with black outlines

Wait. Black? Why? The new blue, or orange are great options but they chose black?

I agree. its what I been told. there is a good reason why I trust my source which ill explain why after they release it. I think aqua stripe with white and orange outline would look better. I hate the black, and should not be in Dolphins uniform.

I hope it changes. There was a previous version that was aqua stripes and orange and black outlines, but thats been scrapped

based on info I received, helmet is white, Stripe is aqua with black outlines

Wait. Black? Why? The new blue, or orange are great options but they chose black?

"Because Nike has to use black in everything!"

580235_10151682744218296_459288344_n.jpg

a little levels adjustment

that helmet looks awfully grey. might not even be the right uniform there, but interesting anyways

edit: it looks purple hahaha

ScreenShot2013-03-28at53427PM_zps02067e3f.png

i messed with the adjustments on the other photo posted. same jersey and helmet. Could be legit

I agree with pizza man might not be the right uniform could it be the road uni? who knows!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Any fan who stops supporting their team because they don't like a logo isn't a real fan...

I have been a Bengals fan since 1975 and will always be, but I have to admit that having to watch them in the current uniforms has been a distraction since 2004. It's sad when you want to wear a jersey to support your team or to hang on your wall, but you don't because they're so ugly.

I've felt that way about the Brewers since 1999. They've saved me a ton of money, however.

I have heard the helmet horns are the same as what we saw from 2006-2012 and that the changes to the helmet are a little darker purple and a gray facemask. So it's basically the "throwback" helmet with the "updated" horns I am guessing.

Exactly, because nothing says "Retro" and "Tough" like an overy shiny helmet... It's gotta be matte. It's the latest gotta have trend.

Minnesota, Ohio, Bowling Green, TCU, Mizzu, Arkansas, Duke, Georga Tech, Baylor, Navy, Wake Forest, West Virgina, Boise... you get the picture. I'm not saying teams dont have shiny helmets, I'm just saying matte seems to be the latest adopted trend, especially one that fits into the "Retro" and "Tough" catagories. I dont remember seeing many teams in the 60's or 70's with Shiny ass helmets.

https://www.google.com/search?q=matte+helmets+college+football&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mY1VUemwKOHl4AOKg4DwCw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1278&bih=961

Purple chrome/metallic with gray facemask is my guess.

Has anyone been paying attention to all of the new trends of helmets in college!? My guess by retro and many would be a "flat" purple, not some super shiny purple.

You heard it here first, a darker purple MATTE helmet with current horns. (Give or take the gray face mask)

Yep, we have. Shiny Rutgets, Shiny Baylor, Shiny Oregon...

With Jared Allen calling the new Vikings helmet "tough", I'm guessing it's a matte helmet. No chrome. No gleam. Just tough.

I have heard the helmet horns are the same as what we saw from 2006-2012 and that the changes to the helmet are a little darker purple and a gray facemask. So it's basically the "throwback" helmet with the "updated" horns I am guessing.

Exactly, because nothing says "Retro" and "Tough" like an overy shiny helmet... It's gotta be matte. It's the latest gotta have trend.

Minnesota, Ohio, Bowling Green, TCU, Mizzu, Arkansas, Duke, Georga Tech, Baylor, Navy, Wake Forest, West Virgina, Boise... you get the picture. I'm not saying teams dont have shiny helmets, I'm just saying matte seems to be the latest adopted trend, especially one that fits into the "Retro" and "Tough" catagories. I dont remember seeing many teams in the 60's or 70's with Shiny ass helmets.

https://www.google.c...iw=1278&bih=961

Has anyone been paying attention to all of the new trends of helmets in college!? My guess by retro and many would be a "flat" purple, not some super shiny purple.

You heard it here first, a darker purple MATTE helmet with current horns. (Give or take the gray face mask)

lol, so chrome = sissy and matte = tough. Got it.

http://i.imgur.com/QjhHU5g.jpg like i said, these are really close to what they will look like

Now that I see the new logo on a helmet it further validates that the new orientation of the dolphin works much better than with the older logo. I know many people on this board insist that more horizontally oriented logos don't work on a helmet, I completely disagree. The only thing I dislike is the silly stripe pattern/coloring. I really hope that the rumored black stripes are not included in the actual final design. It would completely ruin the whole thing for me.

https://www.google.c...iw=1278&bih=961

lol, so chrome = sissy and matte = tough. Got it.

thats the connotations i get as well. why laugh?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think the Vikings helmet is going to have some kind of chain-linked pattern that blends into the color of the helmet, ala the pattern that runs up the middle of the Seahawks. That could give it a little more flare without changing the integrity of the helmet (purple with horns) as a whole.

Archived