2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's skip this step and just move right to pink cammo.

They better market special merchandise for their play60 promotion otherwise the nfl audience will be completely unaware that the USA is filled with lazy & obese children .

I mean I was completely unaware about this thing called breast cancer up until I saw all this pink sports equipment everywhere and apparently now I'm becoming somewhat aware that current and veteran servicepeople are in need of assistance and support outside of what our goverment provides. I also watched an nba game last year and they were all wearing green headbands for some reason. Thought I heard something about some environment somewhere but I'm not exactly sure what that was about. Maybe I'll learn more once the '13-14 regular season starts.

I'd much rather teams wear camo accessories instead of pink :censored:.

Have a month of camo if you must do some month of :censored:ing with the uniforms. And unlike the BCA (that no one apparently is aware of), have it where 100% of sales go towards places like the Wounded Warrior Project. Auction off the camo gear players wore with all the money going towards a veterans/currently enlisted persons charity.

That would be a good cause.

Not this pink pandering BS.

2ly2w09.jpg

Last year they did the camo stuff, but at least it was only for Veteran's Day weekend. Hopefully they keep it the same this year, and don't wear it for the entire month. But this is the crap that the breast cancer caravan has brought upon us. Ruining and bastardizing your uniforms for an entire month (while pulling in more merchandising money) has already been done, so there's no reason to think they won't do it again. In a few years, they will have camo accents the entire month of November. My only question is what colors football will find for September and December to allow them to sell more gear and do PR work bring awareness to good causes.

Also, as I said before, I fully believe that with Nike pushing things with the NFL, we will have a few teams with pink alternate uniforms in the next five years. That will undoubtedly lead to camo alternates in November. This is why you don't compromise the uniform for anything.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Last year they did the camo stuff, but at least it was only for Veteran's Day weekend. Hopefully they keep it the same this year, and don't wear it for the entire month. But this is the crap that the breast cancer caravan has brought upon us. Ruining and bastardizing your uniforms for an entire month (while pulling in more merchandising money) has already been done, so there's no reason to think they won't do it again. In a few years, they will have camo accents the entire month of November. My only question is what colors football will find for September and December to allow them to sell more gear and do PR work bring awareness to good causes.

Also, as I said before, I fully believe that with Nike pushing things with the NFL, we will have a few teams with pink alternate uniforms in the next five years. That will undoubtedly lead to camo alternates in November. This is why you don't compromise the uniform for anything.

Good point. For the nfl I'm worried that they haven't exploited their hispanic heritage program to the point of merchandising yet so I'm weary of that next year.

From my recollection here's the branded marketing events in the nfl's portfolio that we're currently exposed to:

• week 1/kickoff
  • hispanic month
  • pink nightmare
  • military/vets
  • hall of fame
  • child exercise aka play60
  • playoffs
  • superbowl

I'm sure I'm missing a couple more. I'm pretty sure the nba has their equivalents of all of these plus the green one, xmas promotion, and st. paddy's (which may be gone). I'm sure there are a couple more that I'm missing as well.

Obviously the leagues and other large scale consumer products companies are using the same marketing consultants that are recycling the same demographic research for their incremental exposure/targeted marketing campaigns because they are all coming off entirely identical,generic, and tired.

Sigh. Oregon is rolling out hot pink helmets and socks this weekend (with black jerseys and pants to keep it kewl). We obviously won't see pink helmets in the NFL now, but I fully expect 1) pink team decals on helmets next year, and 2) either entirely-pink uniforms or jerseys with pink outlines replacing normal team colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If Jerry Jones won't even make the silvers match, he's not going to go to some crazy navy helmet with ghost stars.

So every road game this year when the Bengals have worn white jerseys and white pants they've worn the orange socks.

4977_1382308861.jpg

I'm not complaining, I love how it looks. Reminds of the uniforms of my childhood and more orange is always a good thing. I'm wondering if this is has become their official road look now. It's sort of akin to the way they panthers wear black socks and black jerseys at home, but when they go all white they wear their brighter colored socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So every road game this year when the Bengals have worn white jerseys and white pants they've worn the orange socks.

4977_1382308861.jpg

I'm not complaining, I love how it looks. Reminds of the uniforms of my childhood and more orange is always a good thing. I'm wondering if this is has become their official road look now. It's sort of akin to the way they panthers wear black socks and black jerseys at home, but when they go all white they wear their brighter colored socks.

It is a nice look (relatively speaking..nothing on this uniform can look too nice until the bigger issues are cleaned up). I just wish they'd wear these socks with the black pants, too.

4977_1382308861.jpg

It is a nice look (relatively speaking..nothing on this uniform can look too nice until the bigger issues are cleaned up). I just wish they'd wear these socks with the black pants, too.

I think the orange socks would be a better fit with the black pants as well. As far as their bigger issues, I believe their white jersey's are perfect and if they just removed the white side panels on the orange and black jerseys than their set would be great.

spacer.png

They used to wear the orange socks everytime they wore black pants when they first went to these unis in 04.

Rudi_Johnson.jpg

For whatever reason they started wearing black socks with the black pants. I don't think they've worn the orange socks with the black pants since early in the 2005 season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They used to wear the orange socks everytime they wore black pants when they first went to these unis in 04.

Rudi_Johnson.jpg

For whatever reason they started wearing black socks with the black pants. I don't think they've worn the orange socks with the black pants since early in the 2005 season.

Seeing as Cedric Benson was on the team from 2008-2011, that photo suggests that they have. Unless those socks were photoshopped, which I can't tell on his crappy monitor.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived