2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

It isn't singling out? I must have missed their events honoring cops, and firefighters, and teachers, and all the other underpaid, under-appreciated heroes that serve our country with honor.

You have a perfect right to like these Beetle Bailey drag events.

And we have a perfect right to find it pandering, exploitative and offensive (how much actually goes to that good cause again?). One step away from war profiteering.

Ain't America grand? ;)

Lol, you're reaching there Lukas. The military is much more broad than BCA month, had you read my post you would have seen my point.

This for the NFL, as far as I know, it's put out there like BCA as a way to RAISE MONEY, but more of a show that we are thinking of the troops and honoring them, and like I said, I and many others find it to be a good gesture.

I don't see how this is pandering as much, as there are plenty of people who never served who support the military and want to show their support in various ways. So this appeals to alot more than just vets.

America is grand, no stupid face needed. I believe it.

They don't give a damn about honoring anyone, it's just a way to make more money and maybe a little goodwill public opinion boost.

You mean selling military themed, overseas sweatshop made apparrel for the primary benefit of the manufacturer and league isn't an honorable venture? I'm sure the nickel for every dollar of merch sold will really trickle down and provide some real tangible benefits.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As do I. Which is why I have come to detest these cynical, offensive money grabs. Breast cancer "awareness" as well as the military "tributes". Can't wait to see what pandering, dishonest nonsense some league will come up with next.

And no, I'm not Paul Lukas. My name is Chance, pleasure to meet you.

Love the stencil numbers:

2102507154_61_13_a_2500.jpg2102507155_61_13_2500.jpg

Make 'em solid white, and I'd be happy to see those on the Packers' regular uniforms.

I was thinking they'd fit better for the Steelers, but you're right, those stencil numbers are great.

I've been pushing stencil numbers for the Packers for the last three or four years. Works with the wordmark they've used since at least the early 1970s:

565.gif

Love the stencil numbers:

2102507154_61_13_a_2500.jpg2102507155_61_13_2500.jpg

Make 'em solid white, and I'd be happy to see those on the Packers' regular uniforms.

I was thinking they'd fit better for the Steelers, but you're right, those stencil numbers are great.

Love these. They really look sharp

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The stenciled numbers looked good when the service academies did it for their Pro Combat jerseys a little while back. I'm actually surprised that the Jags didn't do it when they did their rebrand.

And the flip side of Legend liking it is my brother-in-law, who is active duty USMC, thinking it's supid pandering. He and most of his fellow Marines take the imagery pretty seriously, and he's said it's "belittling". So there are a variety of opinions on the subject, even within the military.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I find the Packer stenciled numbers to look horrible in the camo pattern, but I would love to see them on their regular unis in solid green or white. Ever since Army started using the stenciled numbers I have been in love....I just don't like the camo pattern.

As do I. Which is why I have come to detest these cynical, offensive money grabs. Breast cancer "awareness" as well as the military "tributes". Can't wait to see what pandering, dishonest nonsense some league will come up with next.

And no, I'm not Paul Lukas. My name is Chance, pleasure to meet you.

Believe me, the pleasure is all on this side of the table.

handshake.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

Love the stencil numbers:2102507154_61_13_a_2500.jpg2102507155_61_13_2500.jpg

I've been pushing stencil numbers for the Packers for the last three or four years. Works with the wordmark they've used since at least the early 1970s:565.gif

The packers don't need any type of gimmicky custom font, no matter how well it may tie in to the rest of their identity. Most older teams aren't really associated closely with their word marks, as back in the day those were afterthoughts as opposed to part of a cohesively designed package.

Their solid color block font is great for them. I really like the high-school 5 they use on the front and back.

Maybe they could go to a version of the font with rounded corners, but that's all I'd consider for them if I was in charge. Something like the bears would be ok too, except for the obvious conflict.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20131103_084652_zpse03ea4a8.jpg

Here's the Broncos version. Isn't the flag facing the wrong way? There is a rule that the stars should always appear in the front to give the appearance of waving in the breeze. I know the link below says for military uniforms, but I thought the rules are the same for all clothing?

http://www.usflag.org/flagpatch.html

1477F715-D03E-445D-97D7-E16DB1E799EA-102

EAE61D49-99C8-4419-9592-625B325E202F-102

The Vikings have the flag on properly. I'm at At&t Stadium. I'll post later.

Archived